Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: WI and computer message?

I think it must just be something from WI then, because I don't even have Norton.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
Gifted

Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!

I think that might be a tracking cookie trying to load. Possibly from one of the ads???

I Googled view.c3metrics.inc and that seems to be a site that lets you know how often a particular link is used, who is likely to view it (example women, 18 to 35 yrs) and what else they likely view.
Wizard is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

One of our advertising networks is using a new script to count impressions that a website generates and it appears to be interfering with a number of browsers. Don't worry, there is no virus in the ads, as I first suspected. It's just that the ad network is implementing it incorrectly.

Anyone who is experiencing this, could you please post your browser and version so I can let the ad company know that they are serving incompatible javascript with them?
Justin is offline Male
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
Webkinz :)

kaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant future

I just came back in WI to check the forum, and got the warning box, again. I'm tempted to go to the originating website, but I'm afraid something even stranger may happen. I guess we'll just wait, and maybe the WI gurus will help us.

Time for coffee and a round of Goober's Lab.
kaslina is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
rleong

Should be resolved within an hour or so... Thanks for the notice, I'm sure it was annoying, but nothing to worry about. Not virus-related and all is safe!
Justin is offline Male
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
lorib64
Gift Guru

lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds
lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds

I keep getting that message, too. I've been hitting cancel. I don't know what it means.

Thanks Justin, I didn't see your post before.
lorib64 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by lorib64
I keep getting that message, too. I've been hitting cancel. I don't know what ti means.
Please read the last few posts in the thread.
Justin is offline Male
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

Thank you, Justin! It had also been popping up on my computer. Glad that it's resolved.
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
One of our advertising networks is using a new script to count impressions that a website generates and it appears to be interfering with a number of browsers. Don't worry, there is no virus in the ads, as I first suspected. It's just that the ad network is implementing it incorrectly.

Anyone who is experiencing this, could you please post your browser and version so I can let the ad company know that they are serving incompatible javascript with them?
Thanks for helping Justin!
I'm using Mozilla Firefox Version 3.5.9
I've only seen it 3 or 4 times.
I haven't seen it lately, but I'll let you know if it pops up again.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 05-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
Webkinz :)

kaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant futurekaslina has a brilliant future

Thanks so much, Justin! Just happy to know we are safe. Have a great day!

P.S....

Justin, in answer to your question, I'm using the latest version of Firefox.
kaslina is offline Female
Closed