Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #431
Webkinz :)

dancelover2496 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question WI Bucks?

What are WI bucks? What are they used for? Can anyone help? Im sorta new here. Please help. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!
dancelover2496 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #432
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

Default Re: WI Bucks

In my Honest Opinion, I like the WI bucks. I'm not to tell anyone how many I have, I'm not embarassed by my amount, I think it's just right.
WI bucks encourage people to post more, to get that item for their living avatar (coming soon), for a WI membership, to give rep more, to chat with people more.. etc.

~Cooliboo♥
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #433
Call me Yana or Miki
Gifted

mikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
I see where you are coming from however here is my opinion on this.

First of all it is private, at first when it wasn't private, my first thought was just like yours . But with it being private and I believe there was a rule set forth (I could be wrong) but we are not to discuss how much we have. If it is not yet a rule I would imagine it will become one.

Personally I would rather see the rep boxes hidden and the post counts along with the stars. My reason is this...when I first joined here, the reps were hidden there was basically no discussion of reps and people weren't making a big deal about it at all, I recieved reps and really appreicated the ones I had they were heartfelt and really wonderful to have. But now reps really are a huge problem here, people are actually asking for reps ...yes they are I see it over and over again sometimes it's not ...give me reps but it's how they end their post that makes it "appear" to be more about getting a little thumbs up than about just helping their fellow man.

And as for the posts I know many of our members have earned their stars, and I only recently figured out what they were even all about,,,how did I find this out...because of the chatter and competitions going on in the boards, if these were made private this would eliminate this competition and when you recieved a rep it would still be just as meaning full but without everyone having to see it. And when you reached certain star levels you could still feel proud of your accomplishments without making someone else feel bad. This of course is just my opinion but I think that the reps and the stars are far more damaging to some members than the WI bucks because they are out for everyone to see.

It doesn't matter how many reps, stars or WI bucks you have that doesn't show ones worth in the least, I have met many members here both new and old that have just as much helpful advice as someone with tons of rep boxes or tons of stars they are just don't post as much or they are still new, all people are equal and in the real world we don't see someone's title when we meet them we just see a person...it's too bad that couldn't be the same here. I see many young members feeling bad they are "just a webkinz" or they are complaining they don't have stars or lots of little green boxes this saddens me greatly...as we age and mature as people we learn these things are unimportant but to our younger members it is so by removing these or hiding them...removes these feelings and makes us more on equal ground.

So in my opinion as long as the WI bucks remain private it is a great system, after all we can share our fortunes with our friends and pay it forward when we recieve some to me it seems like a win win situation as long as it remains private and doesn't become another competition, after all in the real world we certainly don't tell others how much money we have in the bank, or what our house is worth or how many jews we have...that is just not discussed so this should be thought of in the same manner.
You Know that you can disable the Rep boxes now. You can still receive rep, but no one can tell how much you have. There is a sticky guide on it in the "Guides and How-Tos" section.
mikilaapplep is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #434
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: WI Bucks?

Hello Dancelover! WI Bucks are a new feature! The important thing to remeber is that they are not real money at, all just like kinzcash. you earn them in multiple ways, one is posting. You can give them to other WI members, or you can buy other things on this site, too. I am going to add a link to this that will explain everything for you. Hope this helps!

---- Added after 8 minutes ----

here is the link:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ey-how-479553/
If it does not work, look in the guides and how-to section for a sticky on wi bucks

Last edited by xoxomemexoxo; 03-15-2009 at 09:06 AM..
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #435
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hi!
WI bucks is a feature that has been recently added to WI, since some members have been obsessed with only post count & rep. WI bucks were created because rep and post count don't show a member's true worth on WI, and how many WI bucks you have is determined by a lot of things you do on WI.

Here's a thread, created by Justin, explaining WI Bucks:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-bucks-479352/

And Miss Gnomie also created a fantastic guide on them, it should answer most of your questions.

Hope this helps!
~Webkinzluver321

Last edited by webkinzluver321; 03-15-2009 at 09:15 AM..
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #436

dancingdiva1037 is on a distinguished road

Wi bucks are like a reward system.

Here's the link to explain more

dancingdiva1037 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #437
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

Looks like you got plenty of help ~ just follow the links and you will soon find out all you need to know about WI Bucks.
Remember ~ have fun
Old 03-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #438
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't really see a problem for WI$ yet. But after they start adding things that we can 'buy', I think the whole Wi$ thingie may go downhill from there. But you never know.....
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #439
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I think they're a great additon. If you don't tell anyone how much you have, or you don't comment on someonelse's amount if they tell you...there is no problem. They really do help younger members out in the long run---Taking out loans, banking..that such.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #440
I dance with my

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

i understand what you mean... I do kind of agree. Yes, the WI bucks makes me feel good but I do think rep was enough.
pupso98 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<33 premo, a rockhead was here, all hail mr. burrito, bucks, bucks living* rules, c3po, cheese!, chess was here, cloverpup10!, clovers 600 post!!, code orange, code smile ッ, dudeness was here (:, eating cheeseballs, emma!, eragonfreaks rule, f l a m e d a n c e, forum bucks, go explosive beans, goldendoodle, great idea!!, great thread! ♥gymnast, hailee, hpf loves wi bucks!, hurricanes, i like burritos, i'm a shopper more money!, living avatars, looney wuz here :), megan wuz here, missg rocks!, misspuppy was here☮, money money money!, new features, polly loves wi bucks!, pounder, sherlock attack, small was here :], sorry funsilly, tagged, team finnick, totallee cunfusalated!!, webkinz insider bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks question, wi!, yay! i love wi bucks!, yup i dunno..., ~lego