Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #421
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: WI Bucks

I see where you are coming from however here is my opinion on this.

First of all it is private, at first when it wasn't private, my first thought was just like yours . But with it being private and I believe there was a rule set forth (I could be wrong) but we are not to discuss how much we have. If it is not yet a rule I would imagine it will become one.

Personally I would rather see the rep boxes hidden and the post counts along with the stars. My reason is this...when I first joined here, the reps were hidden there was basically no discussion of reps and people weren't making a big deal about it at all, I recieved reps and really appreicated the ones I had they were heartfelt and really wonderful to have. But now reps really are a huge problem here, people are actually asking for reps ...yes they are I see it over and over again sometimes it's not ...give me reps but it's how they end their post that makes it "appear" to be more about getting a little thumbs up than about just helping their fellow man.

And as for the posts I know many of our members have earned their stars, and I only recently figured out what they were even all about,,,how did I find this out...because of the chatter and competitions going on in the boards, if these were made private this would eliminate this competition and when you recieved a rep it would still be just as meaning full but without everyone having to see it. And when you reached certain star levels you could still feel proud of your accomplishments without making someone else feel bad. This of course is just my opinion but I think that the reps and the stars are far more damaging to some members than the WI bucks because they are out for everyone to see.

It doesn't matter how many reps, stars or WI bucks you have that doesn't show ones worth in the least, I have met many members here both new and old that have just as much helpful advice as someone with tons of rep boxes or tons of stars they are just don't post as much or they are still new, all people are equal and in the real world we don't see someone's title when we meet them we just see a person...it's too bad that couldn't be the same here. I see many young members feeling bad they are "just a webkinz" or they are complaining they don't have stars or lots of little green boxes this saddens me greatly...as we age and mature as people we learn these things are unimportant but to our younger members it is so by removing these or hiding them...removes these feelings and makes us more on equal ground.

So in my opinion as long as the WI bucks remain private it is a great system, after all we can share our fortunes with our friends and pay it forward when we recieve some to me it seems like a win win situation as long as it remains private and doesn't become another competition, after all in the real world we certainly don't tell others how much money we have in the bank, or what our house is worth or how many jews we have...that is just not discussed so this should be thought of in the same manner.
Rejewal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #422
I am tired of being
Webkinz :)

twin2b25628 is on a distinguished road

What do we do with WI Bucks?
twin2b25628 is offline Male
Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #423
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

Default Re: What are WI bucks

okay since you have your answer... you should probably ask the mods to close this post!
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #424
DancerBrittany
Gift Guru

DancerBrittany is on a distinguished road

Default Re: WI BUCKS????

I'm trying to figure that out too! Someone, anyone...please help!!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #425
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible
angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

be right back with a link okay

here is a link explaining the WI $ bucks
hope this helps

hugs

Angel

LINK

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f137/webkinz-insider-bucks-what-they-how-479553/?highlight=

Last edited by angelofharlem; 03-15-2009 at 01:53 AM..
angelofharlem is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #426
DancerBrittany
Gift Guru

tyvvvvvvvvvvvvvvm!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #427
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Click on the Link in my Signature. Miss Gnomie has written and EXCELLENT guide about them, complete with pictures
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #428
DancerBrittany
Gift Guru

thank you all so much!
so helpful!
rep points!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #429
Webkinz :)

JonasLover4ever is on a distinguished road

o okay!!!! Thank u so much!!!! I will give you rep points too!
JonasLover4ever is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #430
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by gReTa
I agree. I mean, it's a good idea, but..let's say this happens:

Person 1: I have 50,000 WI$'s!

Person 2: Liek OMG i have liek 10000000 wi bucks like youve bearly got anyyyyy!

Person 1 is probably more helpful, because they spelled, capitalized, and punctuated their words correctly, yet they have less "money" than person 2, who can't be bothered.

Oh, and I don't like that they are where they are-because sometimes I accidently click on them when trying to view subscriptions-but that's not really a problem.
I see your point.
View Post Originally Posted by ♥Julia♥
I agree with you, except I wouldn't want an option of disabling, but deleteing them from WI compleely because I like when everyone is equal, but when you will be able to start buying memberships for WI or something, some people will have more prvaliges then other.
I know you can disable, the fact that everyone see your reps.
View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
I see where you are coming from however here is my opinion on this.

First of all it is private, at first when it wasn't private, my first thought was just like yours . But with it being private and I believe there was a rule set forth (I could be wrong) but we are not to discuss how much we have. If it is not yet a rule I would imagine it will become one.

Personally I would rather see the rep boxes hidden and the post counts along with the stars. My reason is this...when I first joined here, the reps were hidden there was basically no discussion of reps and people weren't making a big deal about it at all, I recieved reps and really appreicated the ones I had they were heartfelt and really wonderful to have. But now reps really are a huge problem here, people are actually asking for reps ...yes they are I see it over and over again sometimes it's not ...give me reps but it's how they end their post that makes it "appear" to be more about getting a little thumbs up than about just helping their fellow man.

And as for the posts I know many of our members have earned their stars, and I only recently figured out what they were even all about,,,how did I find this out...because of the chatter and competitions going on in the boards, if these were made private this would eliminate this competition and when you recieved a rep it would still be just as meaning full but without everyone having to see it. And when you reached certain star levels you could still feel proud of your accomplishments without making someone else feel bad. This of course is just my opinion but I think that the reps and the stars are far more damaging to some members than the WI bucks because they are out for everyone to see.

It doesn't matter how many reps, stars or WI bucks you have that doesn't show ones worth in the least, I have met many members here both new and old that have just as much helpful advice as someone with tons of rep boxes or tons of stars they are just don't post as much or they are still new, all people are equal and in the real world we don't see someone's title when we meet them we just see a person...it's too bad that couldn't be the same here. I see many young members feeling bad they are "just a webkinz" or they are complaining they don't have stars or lots of little green boxes this saddens me greatly...as we age and mature as people we learn these things are unimportant but to our younger members it is so by removing these or hiding them...removes these feelings and makes us more on equal ground.

So in my opinion as long as the WI bucks remain private it is a great system, after all we can share our fortunes with our friends and pay it forward when we recieve some to me it seems like a win win situation as long as it remains private and doesn't become another competition, after all in the real world we certainly don't tell others how much money we have in the bank, or what our house is worth or how many jews we have...that is just not discussed so this should be thought of in the same manner.
Thanks so much Rejewel, you have a reat point.
View Post Originally Posted by twin2b25628
What do we do with WI Bucks?
You will later be able to buy things on WI. Read MissGnomie's thread on them.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<33 premo, a rockhead was here, all hail mr. burrito, bucks, bucks living* rules, c3po, cheese!, chess was here, cloverpup10!, clovers 600 post!!, code orange, code smile ッ, dudeness was here (:, eating cheeseballs, emma!, eragonfreaks rule, f l a m e d a n c e, forum bucks, go explosive beans, goldendoodle, great idea!!, great thread! ♥gymnast, hailee, hpf loves wi bucks!, hurricanes, i like burritos, i'm a shopper more money!, living avatars, looney wuz here :), megan wuz here, missg rocks!, misspuppy was here☮, money money money!, new features, polly loves wi bucks!, pounder, sherlock attack, small was here :], sorry funsilly, tagged, team finnick, totallee cunfusalated!!, webkinz insider bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks question, wi!, yay! i love wi bucks!, yup i dunno..., ~lego