Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Webkinz Crashing (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/webkinz-crashing-28638/)

mylastname07-11-2007 12:04 PM

Webkinz Crashing

We use Webkinz on two computers and it often freezes on our older desktop or just logs us out. Sometimes we get a Flash error message but not often. Often get the "Sorry, can't log on to Webkinz World right now." while we're already playing. It only does this on our desktop computer. We also get the "Please wait..." on the bottom left screen often. :wallbash:

On the laptop it runs smoother and rarely gets logged off by Webkinz site.

Could it be Internet Explorer 7? Could it be Flash 9?

Any suggestions for us??

Thanks!

alidee07-11-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Webkinz Crashing

It might be your internet connection. I'm on a wireless connection right now, and when I get too far away from the main connection, Webkinz will start freezing up on me and doing some of the same things you just mentioned.

Your internet connection could possibly be slower on the desktop.

mylastname07-11-2007 12:17 PM

Thank you for your reply.

It is the exact same connection as with the laptop. They are both hooked into the same router and same internet connection.

The message we often get is "I am sorry. We can not connect to Webkinz World. Please log --- etc"

We can play on both computers in the same room and have the desktop freeze. I do not think it did this as much before we changed to IE 7.

alleyann07-11-2007 12:34 PM

I get both of those messages myself. I don't know why that happens. I play on both my laptop and desktop and they are both new computers. I think it a webkinz problem.

mylastname07-11-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleyann (Post 489347)
I think it a webkinz problem.

I have checked with friends and they do not get the problems that we do AND we only have a lot of problems on the one computer so I doubt it is simply a Webkinz problem.

sydneyv098107-11-2007 12:56 PM

it is not a webkinz problem. it does that to me but only when the internet is disconnected

alidee07-11-2007 01:09 PM

If it just started after installing IE7, that could be the problem. Maybe it's using up too much memory on the desktop, causing Webkinz to have error messages.

I definitely don't think that it's Webkinz itself because usually everyone on this forum can tell you when they put the site down for maintenance.

mylastname07-11-2007 03:21 PM

Thanks alidee --- good point.

Carmel498807-11-2007 03:52 PM

ok, well, sometimes it could just be webkinz, they have a TON of gliches, but maybe it is a virus, call the maker of ur computer. lIke dell, they could help u, or whoever makes ur computer.Hope it helps!:)

iceskatincutie10107-11-2007 04:03 PM

i don`t know it shouldn`t be the computer maybe its the internet connection for the desktop thats what it seems like