Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #31
ow! Now I'm a
Gift Guru
mbeaser has much to be proud ofmbeaser has much to be proud ofmbeaser has much to be proud ofmbeaser has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Tiamo
I have 3 trashbags full, no daycare wants them, hospitals dont take them any more, what can I do with them other than throw them out???
One thing you could do to get rid of "bodies" (plushies you don't have a use for) is to donate them to a women's shelter, most kids there don't have toys. They should be happy to take them
mbeaser is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #32
Gift Guru
swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

1. No offense, but if the prices were maybe 1-3 dollars less it'd be fine. Think of it. So many people want them, so they'll charge a little bit more. And just one pet gets you access to webkinz world, which is a lot, come to think of it. Imagine if you were the company making these products..

Money saving Tips:

1. By off of ebay.com . You can get REALLY good deals, and there is almost all the webkinz products, too. You can even check a seller's reputation and feeback, to see if they are trustworthy. Some are sold in lots[more than 5] or just single pets.

2. Save up money. Do chores[extra ones, too], and make a list of the webkinz products/pets that you REALLY want. Don't buy something unless 1. You have enough money+ extra left over 2. it is NOT an impulse buy. For example, lets say you walk into a shop, and BAM! you see that webkinz that you have been waiting for for so long. Check out the price. Is it average? A little higher? Lower? These answers WILL influence your purchase. Try even ask the person at the desk when x types of webkinz are being removed from the selling store. That way you can wait to earn a little more cash.

3. Ask for them for Christmas, a birthday, or other special occasions. You never know what might be lurking in bags/boxes in the closet!

4. Go to a variety of stores in your town/city. Go to shopping malls, too. I suggest using the Webkinz.com Store locator for this one. I know your store nearby might not have ANY sales[like mine] so just keep looking and go around.

Eventually, I guarentee[over time] that you WILL be satisfied with your webkinz and their price. Be patient and understanding!
I hope my guide-ish text above helped you a lot!

Ms. Swiss
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 AM   #33
Webkinz :)
erindefalco is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for replying. my first post with four pages of replies yah! anyway everyone saying do chores for extra money blah blah blah. it's a good idea but with the economic crisis my dad is out of a job and only my mom is working. it will be hard to get money out of them even if i deserve it. but thanks for all the ideas!
erindefalco is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #34
Gift Guru
ozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to allozzieluva is a name known to all

Ok i am a adult but i can hear your frustration. You need to save up and if you have relatives with whom you exchange xmas list with or your Mom does choose like 6 webkinz and spread them out btn lists. Also the webkinz they bring out and retire are really not any better or more special than the ones you have really. The seasonal ones are cooler my daughter is nine and thinks so. The cards series 3 are lame. They dont give you extra cash, rares, food, ecxtra codes,kinzstyleclothes,or the grand prizes like the other series and no virtual packs. Yes you can win a magaical retriever i know someowho bought 4 boxes and nothing! When just one box of the other series yieled the prizes,The ornamnets look cool but you only need 2 at tops to open the codes the new figuerines well they look cool too. Guess what i live in a big city and they havent brought them here yet. We have over a million people here. If these things dont help perhaps you can baby sit. One final thing look at the store locaters. I shop at 2 card stores that still charge 12.99 for webkinz. The 14 dollars and up prices are only in the other stores JCPenney etc. If your Mom doesnt like the clutter maybe you can donate the webkinz to the shelter or a toy drive for ones you can bear to part with she may like that . Good luck
ozzieluva is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #35
smiller2015 is on a distinguished road

i agree! they are only stuffed animals! someday you will probably outgrow them anyway so try to buy cheap ones off of ebay or something and whatever you do ....NEVER go to limeted too to buy webkinz! they are like $16 dollars and the new ones are even more expensive, so try to get a lot a the webkinz extrava ganza(last year i geot 8 when i paid for 2!) or buy them when they are on sale or something

---------- smiller2015 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

or ask for them for christmas or your birthday

Last edited by smiller2015; 10-21-2008 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
smiller2015 is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #36
hconnors is a jewel in the roughhconnors is a jewel in the rough

My two daughters and I all have Webkinz, but I try to limit us for several reasons - 1) cost 2) we already have too much stuff in our house 3) if we get everything we want, we won't appreciate what we have 4) it's too hard to keep track of all of them if we have too many. As it is I'm on three accounts daily (Grammy keeps an eye on my girls' accounts, but I still check them nightly). I pretty much only buy new Webkinz when there's a special occasion or when I get them on sale. Yes, that means we don't often get the newest ones, but it works well enough for us. I did get quite a few off of ebay for my daughter's Webkinz-themed birthday party - I tried to keep them at a cost of $5-$8 apiece (including shipping) for the party and was able to do so. Again, though, you might have to be more open-minded about which animals you get. Good luck everyone and thanks for the great tips!
hconnors is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #37
what is going on
lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I totally agree. I can;t afford to get a new webkinz every month! Half of the ones I have now are recently retired!

My mom doesn't really support us on our collection either. We only get webkinz if we earn them, or Christmas, or birthdays.

We get our webkinz at learning express, they are only 13$ and lilkinz are only 9$ but still....
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #38
bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Wow $13 and $9 for webkinz...does this include shipping?
We save up and buy in bulk at ebay....36 boxes of mixed lots. It can bring the price down to as low as 6.20 per Webkinz...this includes the shipping! We can not afford to be picky because we are a large family. And our local stores charge 16.95 plush and 12.95-13.95 depending on popularity ofthe li'l kinz. And none of our local Walgreens carry Webkinz cares.

I stocked up on Webkinz Cares when we were visiting relatives out of state. We also made purchases for some of the newer webkinz that are more difficult to find deals on at ebay. It is amazing how location dictates the price of webkinz!
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #39
janape is an unknown quantity at this point

Every year the small town in Ontario that I live in has a shoe box drive. Families are encouraged to fill a shoe box with items for either a boy or girl. The boxes are then shipped to developing countries to be distributed at Christmas to children who would likely get nothing!
In a couple of weeks, I will be selling the Webbies that I have collected with the shoe box drive in mind. The money that I raise will be donated to the Stephen Lewis Foundation (raises money for clinics in Africa) and my personal drive, an orphanage in Ethiopia.
I sent 32 Webbies in August to Orphange with a couple returning there from a vacation here.
I suggest you contact some churches or relief agencies in your town or city. You can press the point that the Webbies are light weight and make good packing for other stuff.
Another group who might have some interest are fire fighters. Again, where I live, they give a toy to children on scene at fires and car accidents etc. to comfort them. Fire fighters here also collect toys for local children whose parents are not able to provide Christmas presents.
Hope these ideas inspire some of your own.
janape is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #40
jobrocrazy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh i no but i saw a price on sale that was 2 for 9$
it was a really good deal
jobrocrazy12 is offline Female