Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Ladybugmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Webkinz.com not going to actual site.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I'm hoping someone can help. Today when I clicked on webkinz.com in my book marks, it brought me to a site, that was NOT webkinz world. Has this happened to anyone today? Or has anyone heard of this happening?
Thanks in advance for any answers.
This is what I get.

Click the image to open in full size.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
icked! I'm A
Gift Guru

WayJay17 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz.com not going to actual site.

It did that for me too. ???
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

I am having the very same problem...

The only way I can get rid of this is to do these things.

1. clear my cache

2. reboot computer

3. DO NOT click any of the links on the log in page
FAQ, Trading Cards, etc.....
Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 AM   #4
Gifted

pinkgirlymom is on a distinguished road

When we use to have spyware on our computer, when we would click on websites it would redirect us to other websites. Maybe you should check for spyware.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
aerialstar11
Gift Guru

aerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud of

Not happening to me, they're on their service break.
aerialstar11 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 AM   #6
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

I downloaded free ad aware and ran a full scan. found a few things that I deleted. I think the problem is solved...
Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
Webkinz :)
Ladybugmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your answers. I just tried and was able to get on.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
icked! I'm A
Gift Guru

WayJay17 will become famous soon enough

I think somebody hacked Webkinz. because on the link you can click it all brings you links to sites where you can buy Webkinz stuff. i think it's bad peeple trying to make money. this is a site for kids too so they could be ripping off the poor kids.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Okay...I am still having problems and spoke to my internet service techs. This is the story.

We did a trace on the path I take to get to WKW and this is what came up.

The path I took was from my internet provider, through another company, through a third company, to WKW. Somewhere along the way, either the second or third company, there must be like a "crossed wire" causing the redirection.

All you can do until that company fixes the problem is keep clearing your cookies/cache and rebooting. Hoping that the next time you will take a different "path" to WKW, thus avoiding the "crossed wire"

It worked for me. The second time I cleared my cache/cookies and rebooted, I obviously took a "good" path
Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #10
PM me for it! :)
Gifted

Kayla has a spectacular aura about

No it hasn't happend to me yet.
Kayla is offline Female
Closed