Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Lil Kinz

Msdrea is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: Webkinz Closed At Night??

Hello, my name is Msdrea, and I've been playing Webkinz for almost 2 years now. Here's my problem: I work a graveyard shift at a hotel ( 11pm to 7 am ), and I noticed for the first year of my Webkinz playing (Xmas '09 to Xmas '10) that the site would shut down for a good majority of my shift. At that time, it was never really a problem for me because I was busy around then anyway, and I always had a good estimation of the time that they'd open back up. Well, in recent months, it appears that they've been open 24/7. And I must say, it's been awesome. I could always get my dailies done, and play my games without having to interrupt a whole lot of my daytime sleep schedule. Well, fast track to now- late September. It appears that in the past week or so, I've been having trouble getting online during my ENTIRE shift, and this even includes before midnight!! Even last year they weren't even closed before midnight! I tried to look it up online to see what was up, but all of the posts were from around 2007. Not only that, I even tried going to the computers at our hotel's business center, and they run off of a totally different server, and internet company. And I couldn't log onto those computers, either!! But i'm wondering if any other users are having this same problem. Like I said, I work a night shift, so I have a lot of trouble getting on during the day because of my sleep. Even if I can only get on for a few hours during my shift, it's my only hope. I've put WAY too much money into my account to just let it fade away because Ganz wants to tell parents what time their kids should get offline.

HELP ME, PLEASE!!
-Msdrea
Msdrea is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Default Re: Webkinz Closed At Night??

The US accounts used to shut down for maintenance at night,but they no longer do that. On every other Wednesday in the wee hours of the morn, it does shut down for a few hours and is back up.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

Snickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond reputeSnickerdoodlez has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed that I sometimes have problems shortly after 1 am Kinz time. It usually only lasts for several minutes, and it is not on all three of my accounts. I am frequently on until 3:30 or 4 Kinz time, and with the exception of the earlier mentioned time, haven't had any problems. So perhaps that will be a good time for you to try it. If you keep having problems after clearing your cache, I would call Ganz at 866-932-5469.
Snickerdoodlez is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Catchatiger
Banned
Pigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonderPigs Fly wows us all with wonder

To answer your question Ms, webkinz has really gone downhill in the last year or so, and a ton of people find it impossible to get onto the site, stay on once their on or even load a lot of the areas. so no its not your comp, its webkinz. Sad to say too many have accepted this as normal and all ganz does is pretend they had no idea there was a problem.
Pigs Fly is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I live on the west coast, and am regularly on WW till midnight, which would be 3:00 am webkinz time. I don't have any problem at all staying on. The only thing is that at 2:00 am the clubhouse shuts down for about 15-20 minutes. But other than that, I don't have any problem at all.

Last edited by Ritzcracker; 09-24-2011 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Lil Kinz

Msdrea is on a distinguished road

Thanks so far for all of the responses. If you all know anything else that would help me, please keep the posts coming. But like snickerdoodlez said, I am going to try and clear my cache. And if that doesn't work, i'm going to call Webkinz (thanks for the number. I lost the phone that i had it programmed in). And when it comes to what pigsfly said, I hate to say it, but I have to agree. There are so many problems nowadays with the site that it's somewhat becoming the norm. Like, I'm happy if I only get kicked off less than 2 times in a night. And that's pretty messed up, ya know? I shouldn't be getting kicked off at all. And then there are the little things- Like the fact that I haven't been able to do spree in a month 'cause it doesn't load, the items stuck in my room, the games that never come up after clicking for them, etc. I could understand these issues if Webkinz was just some cheap, brand-new, free site- but it's not. They're an extremely profitable company with new products out all the time, and an extremely pricey advertising campaign or 2 under their belt. I hate to keep moaning about it, because i'm sure that most everyone is. But I think you're right, pigsfly, in that it's nothing personal with my account. it's just the site in general.

Anyways, I would once again like to thank y'all for the suggestions so far. I'm going to keep checking this post for more replies, so feel free to let me know anything that might help.

Take care, and y'all have a good weekend.

Msdrea
Msdrea is offline Female
Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Something else you might want to do is try different browsers. Some are definitely better than others. All those glitches you talk about happen occasionally to me, but certainly not on a regular basis. Firefox seems to run best for me. I've learned to stop using Google Chrome, as it has had lots of glitches with WW in the last few months. Safari runs well if it will load, but it seems to have a log-out problem for me. I often get a pop up about a security problem. I haven't used IE in years as it used to glitch a lot, but I have no idea if that is still the case. Try different ones, and see if that helps.

As already said, clearing your cache regularly is the best thing you can do to reduce glitches. I know I need to do so at least once a week, and it's always the first thing to try when something goes wrong.

I hope you find some solutions. You really shouldn't be having so many problems.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
Gifted

isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness
isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness

Hello! I'm sorry you are having issues logging into Webkinz World. Late at night, I have experienced some difficulty logging into Webkinz World. It lasts for about 10-20 minutes. I would suggest clearing your cache, history, and restarting your computer. Also, you might try updating Adobe Flash Player. Remember to restart your computer afterward. I hope this information helps. You can always call Ganz if you continue to experience issues. Remember Webkinz World will be closed today from 12KT - 3KT Eastern Time. Good luck to you!
isabella1665 is offline Female
Closed