Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

friendsforever9 is just really nicefriendsforever9 is just really nice

Default Re: webkinz

have a survey for people to vote maybe just send a letter to them
friendsforever9 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #12
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Perhaps your parents would be more inclined to let "you" buy Webkinz. You can type so you are obviously old enough to do chores. Earn the money that you need for your pets. Remember you only need one a year to keep your account open. If you are really serious about your hobby then earn the money... that way when you ask for something even from the eStore if you are willing to spend your own money I doubt that your parents would object.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #13
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

I agree with all of the above posts.
However, I also agree with you and
think that is a bit crazy to ask us to
pay for different exclusive items when they
can just give them out with adoptions in the future.
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #14

knittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to all

Welcome to the world of plastic cards. We taught our kids how to manage $$$$$ by giving them a credit card with a VERY SMALL limit. I am not sure how old you are, but learning how to save, spend, and manage cash in a timely manner helps in the future for bigger purchases. and another advantage is you can start building a credit rating. When you have to save, sometimes you aren't as compulsive in you buying. good luck, hopefully this could be a learning experience too.
knittinjo is offline Female
Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
He Reigns

btvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonder

You could tell your parents that being on webkinz is a good, clean, way to keep you out of trouble lol. I know you wouldn't get into trouble, but being on webkinz keeps you at home with your family and busy instead of watching tv etc.
btvs49 is offline Female
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
hy not smile!?!

poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!

I was also disappointed when I saw the e-store and deluxe membership. My son doesn't really know about it yet and I will keep it like that as long as I can. He does understand the concept of saving money and I think he will be ok when he realizes there are several other options out there, which are tempting when you see what they are, and we tell him we won't be buying from that part of webkinz world. I do not trust placing credit card numbers online, except for a few very trusted sites.

I guess I am saying I understand where your parents are coming from, but I would not ban you from the site altogether! Ganz is a company that is growing quickly and it is another way for them to grow faster, as you can not get those items anywhere else or as a gift from a friend. It is like the commercial in the convenience store when they are buying "the last" rice crispy treat. Everyone wants rare items and the last one and anything that is hard to get...what you can't have especially. It seems to be human nature.

TRy to be content with what you do have, the free site that comes with your webbies and tell your parents you do not expect anything else. You can always buy trading cards or ask for them as gifts to add to your experience online. You can get great rares there, too!
poguee_smiles is offline Female
Old 06-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
Gift Guru

acourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talentacourt has lots of talent

There are some very good points being made here, and I hope you will invite your parents (in a non-confrontational way) to read through them. As a parent myself, I can totally understand where your parents are coming from-- even if I don't agree with their conclusion. I also don't care for the e-store or the deluxe membership, but that doesn't stop me from letting my kids play webkinz.

I think the TV analogy is a good one. Just because the cable company offers HDTV programming, or subscriptions to movie channels, or various levels of cable, that does not mean that you have to buy it to enjoy watching TV. You can get every extra that is offered, or just basic cable, or just the channels you can get for free. Or you don't have to have a TV at all. There are alot of choices out there and you make the one that's best for you based on what you want and can afford. Notice that I said "want" and not "need." (when it comes to TV).

My kids are aware of the e-store and the deluxe membership, but we've talked about the pros and cons, and we've made our individual choice. At the same time, I recognize that other people are free to make THEIR own choice. Just because I choose not to buy something doesn't mean that it isn't of value to someone else. Now, I do wish that the ads weren't plastered all over the webkinz site, but I also understand that Ganz is operating a business and they are going to advertise it. So again, I take that opportunity to talk to my kids about the various ways that companies make them want to buy something. And that carries over to TV commercials, too.

Even though Ganz has all the other products, the e-store, and the memberships; the fact is you can still have access to most of the website just by adopting one webkinz per year. If you get a 'lil kinz, it costs even less. If you agree to not ask for anything e-store (and keep your word) then maybe your parents will agree to one webkinz a year. Ultimately, though, it is up to them. I'm sure they only have your best interests at heart.

Last edited by acourt; 06-14-2009 at 11:03 PM..
acourt is offline Female
Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
Loonie1212 is a jewel in the roughLoonie1212 is a jewel in the rough

Acourt made some really good points.

I am a parent of children who have a Deluxe Membership. We share it with their cousins. I also love playing on the sites too. It is my job to keep my children healthy and safe.

I just want to add to the discussion.

I like that there are just Webkinz ads and that you cannot click off of the site very easily. This way my kids can stay playing and not have to worry about clicking off and I know where they are on the internet. You can use the computer and do have some freedom there. You were able to type for help here. As a parent it is my job to make sure the internet remains safe for my kids to be on. There is a lot of stuff out there that is too old or scary or incorrect for most kids. Remind your parents you can play games and learn here too. There is the academy and Quizzy's. Invite them to take the tour and look around all over the site.

I also know I won't have to come to the computer as much to fix it like I do on the Cartoon Network site as an example. One child always clicks off of the box while in games and it messes up. He gets upset and I do to. Then he yells screams and cries for me to come and get him back to where he was. It is time consuming and frustrating. I do not have that problem with Webkinz world. I can also limit the ads to Ganz so there is less outside distraction. Like diet ads, TV and movie promotions, and junk food commercials.

After you and your parents look through the site-calmly talk to them about the good things and the bad about Webkinz world and all that means. Set limits with them and do not yell, scream or whine. And then stick to what you decide. Suggest doing chores in exchange for getting time on Webkinz World or Webkinz things for good grades or good behavior. Discuss why you like Webkinz and like them more than other things. Don't just say "because" since you are not telling them anything with that.

And listen to them too. They have known you your whole life. IF you just want some things because you see them and then leave them unplayed with, THEN they will know that. You can't lie to a parent about some things.

I see that your parents do not like the eStore and you have said this to Ganz. This store is just like any other out there. You do not need to buy items just because things are available. Do you always buy candy in the check out line at the grocery store? Probably not all the time. If you want something do you always get it? I doubt it. I have a few items from the eStore, but not much. I have said no and mean it. Then if my kids are upset they will whine and cry and beg. There is no better way of NOT getting what you want in my household.

I suggest not asking for items and see what you can do with things available in WW from the WShop. Then try to earn other stuff later. And then renegotiate with your parents then. As a parent I need to think about and decide what the best value for my money is. You like music and concerts right? Do you always have to have the best seat at the concert? Probably not. Do you always have to have the latest song on itunes? or can you wait until you can pay for it? Probably. When I see something I want to get at the eStore I stop and think about it. I then wait for it to come back around again. That way I know I really want it and not just get caught up in what's new or seems the best. Parents don't just hand out money and we always think about what it is used for. I bet there are things they buy or collect for themselves. I play on WW without my son during work breaks. I also collect cows and cats. They make me happy. My husband plays games on his ipod. But I do not buy expensive clothes or eat out all the time. I decided cows are worth more than Chili's dinners. Or food is more important that spending money in Target's toy section. Parents budget and spend money as needed. Wants come after needs.Groceries before haircuts. Be realistic with your parents. And if you do not understand where they are coming from then ask for explainations and don't allow them to just tell you "because" either. Try to really understand to and don't just fake through the discussions.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Ciao!
- Loon

Remain calm and fight for what you want in a mature way. Remember your mom was a kid once and had to go through this with her parents too.
Loonie1212 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #19
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Zooz
I like using the TV analogy. I pay for cable, which I can only use on my TV because it is entertaining. I pay for Webkinz, which I can only use on my computer because it is entertaining. Any questions?
there is also other stuff i can do on the internet.

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
Zooz has a great point. Do they pay for cell phone service, which they can only use on their phones (and has to be paid for with a credit card)?

I think you get what we mean...
yes they pay for cell phones(mine included) but we don't have to pay with a credit card

my parnets feel as though i am getting ripped off,because they spend about 100$ a month just on webkinz. they think since some people get webkinz every month they sould get something extra like stuff on the estore, or whatever. i sort of do chores, when my mom or dad needs help with something(making dinner, washing clothes, bring them up stairs, or what ever. i always unless i am doing something for the other parnet,then it waits until i get done.

and my payment they buy my whatever i want.

and i am still allowed to play on webkinz, i just can't get any more.

Last edited by jasonaldeanmg; 06-21-2009 at 06:29 PM..
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 06-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

As a parent, I know sometimes I say no to my kids when I feel that there is not a limit to what they are asking for. For instance, you could talk to your parents and set a limit of money per month that you would want to spend. If they see that you are willing to stay in a budget, they might feel better about setting up a compromise.