Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #71
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Hi,

I think if someone's account is working then they are unaware of all of the issues this past week and a half. These are the people that will say to check your computer (delete temporary files and cookies, switch web browsers, etc.). Please remember that these people are only trying to be helpful, because in the past when WW was sluggish, it was that way for all of the accounts; and then when it wasn't many users were able to have a lot of glitches resolved by deleting temporary internet files or switching their web browser.

I have 11 accounts that I take care of. For the couple of days, all of my accounts have been working fine when I try to access them. I actually thought that the problems were over since my accounts were acting okay. I see now that there are still a lot of users having problems with their accounts and WW loading (a lot of "Please Wait.." issues and some areas of WW not loading at all). For over a week, one of my accounts could not do anything in the evening (sometimes all day). Some days, 6 of the accounts were "bad". Another couple of days, 3 accounts were bad; but they were different ones than the 6 that were previously acting bad. The last time one of my accounts was acting "bad", it was "fixed" within a few hours. I believe that WW is aware of the problems, and they are working on resolving them. I am sorry that there are still some accounts/servers that they haven't "fixed". Also, I believe that the "Please wait..." problems will re-arise on all accounts eventually during the holiday; but hopefully Ganz has become faster at recognizing and fixing the problems with the servers that are causing the "Please Wait..." behavior. (Only 2 of the accounts I take care of never had the "Please Wait..." problems these past couple of weeks, and both of those accounts have the Asian time zone.)

If you are still having issues with your account, and they don't resolve within a few hours, you should probably contact Ganz and let them know that your account (or server your account is on) is affected by the ridiculously slow "Please Wait..." bahavior.

Ganz/Webkinz now has the Kinzville Newz to keep us informed. They have not mentioned this problem at all; but they did acknowledge when the kinzchat phones weren't working and when the eStore was down due to technical difficulties (these problems affected everyone). Maybe if there are enough users asking for updates on the problem in the Kinville News, then maybe they will keep us better informed about the problem(s).

SnowCrystal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #72

J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
This is a relatively new computer, recently completely reset to base {out of factory, except for upgrades to flash etcetera that are needed to visit such sites}. I also have access to an even newer computer which has all the needed programs. I also have access to a sorta older Mac as well as another laptop that is slightly older than the newer one {one is about 4 months old the other about a month or so}. I used to be a computer tech, shift leader, and so on so it is NOT my computer, it is NOT my browsers {which are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, Flock, Avant, K-Meleon, and at least one more that I can never remember}. I have worked on Windows and Mac machines and again -- IT IS THE SITE!
I can vouch for this. A couple of months ago I built a custom computer. It has a 2.7GHz duel core Athlon 64 processor, a Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H gaming mother board, 667MHz DDR2 RAM and a custom builder's version of Windows XP. I know this sounds complicated but there are two key reasons why this machine can handle anything that is thrown at it: One, it's not the speed of the processor that matters most, it's the speed of the RAM. Two, a custom builder's version of Windows does not have all the junk that slows down an off-the-shelf computer.

The bottom line is, my computer is not the source of the problems I am having with one particular web site.

Jeanette Isabelle

Last edited by J Isabelle; 12-24-2008 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Edited to correct a technical goof.
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #73
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal

If you are still having issues with your account, and they don't resolve within a few hours, you should probably contact Ganz and let them know that your account (or server your account is on) is affected by the ridiculously slow "Please Wait..." bahavior.

Ganz/Webkinz now has the Kinzville Newz to keep us informed. They have not mentioned this problem at all; but they did acknowledge when the kinzchat phones weren't working and when the eStore was down due to technical difficulties (these problems affected everyone). Maybe if there are enough users asking for updates on the problem in the Kinville News, then maybe they will keep us better informed about the problem(s).

Excellent idea! Although Ganz might not care to admit it, being up front with the customers and acknowledging a problem would go a long way toward generating good will - at least with the adult users! I really enjoy reading the release notes in the Kinzville news and seeing what is being done to upgrade the system and what issues are being addressed. If my accounts get slow again, I think I'll do this!
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #74
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

if you do have a problem contact Ganz,thats what i did last year right after the updates but that was just because of my computer,and my dad was able to fix it,BUT people are always complaining saying GANZ is releasing to much webkinz,yet those people that complain ganz makes to much webkinz still buys those webkinz,i'm really tierd of people saying oh i dont like this fur or ganz stop making fake pets,but sometimes you have to avoid that unless you feel like venting too,but i wouldent be complaining since we should be thankful how we have toys and some other kids dont,so if you dont like webkinz you can just quit Webkinz!Bit remember:Glitches DONT effect everybody and it can get annoying when people think EVERYBODY has those glitches

Well that was my 2 cents

PS. I've seen people on WI saying they quit webkinz YET there still on WI! If they quit webkinz why are they on a webkinz fan site?I'm tierd of everybody hateing Ganz since they ARE THE ONES that made webkinz and without them webkinz wouldent be around,lets say GANZ has to pay 1,000 dollers a month for webkinz,do you really think they'd be able to fix glithes if they have to pay $1,000 dollers each month just to make us happy??

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 12-23-2008 at 01:59 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #75
eleanora07

Sinaminika is an unknown quantity at this point

If they would just say -hey we know whats going on and we plan to fix it after the holidays .That would be fantastic.

The people that are upset are the ones who's accounts don't work and they have spent hundreds of dollars. Webkinz is not a free site run by donations.

It's not just the glitches. It's now a bunch of things . Changing the reindeer after people already paid for it. The unicorn tapestry that they said could ONLY be received through the contest they held. The are lying to us . I haven't dealt with the customer service yet but I hear they blame everything on everything else other than the site.

And besides the simple rule is: If you don't like it, don't play. - What about the service we are all paying for ?

For example : You purchase a car. Over the next couple days you notice that the car only runs on some days. You call the company and they tell you ...not our problem you shouldn't have purchased the car. If you don't like it then don't drive it. Are you just going to let your car sit there and only use it on the days it starts up? Are you personally going to be ok with that ? You already purchased the car what does the company care after the fact ? They already have your money.

In tiny print they have that they can shut down the site at any time . What happens if after the holidays they do just that . They are not fixing the accounts that don't work yet they keep adding things to the site to lure people into buying more. we already know they have a new project. It's possible that it could happen.

Webkinz is a fun site and when my account works I get on and play. I am aware of the problems I have and that other people are having. Other people should know that it's possible the product may not work the way it should.
Sinaminika is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #76
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Sinaminika
If they would just say -hey we know whats going on and we plan to fix it after the holidays .That would be fantastic.

The people that are upset are the ones who's accounts don't work and they have spent hundreds of dollars. Webkinz is not a free site run by donations.

It's not just the glitches. It's now a bunch of things . Changing the reindeer after people already paid for it. The unicorn tapestry that they said could ONLY be received through the contest they held. The are lying to us . I haven't dealt with the customer service yet but I hear they blame everything on everything else other than the site.

And besides the simple rule is: If you don't like it, don't play. - What about the service we are all paying for ?

For example : You purchase a car. Over the next couple days you notice that the car only runs on some days. You call the company and they tell you ...not our problem you shouldn't have purchased the car. If you don't like it then don't drive it. Are you just going to let your car sit there and only use it on the days it starts up? Are you personally going to be ok with that ? You already purchased the car what does the company care after the fact ? They already have your money.

In tiny print they have that they can shut down the site at any time . What happens if after the holidays they do just that . They are not fixing the accounts that don't work yet they keep adding things to the site to lure people into buying more. we already know they have a new project. It's possible that it could happen.

Webkinz is a fun site and when my account works I get on and play. I am aware of the problems I have and that other people are having. Other people should know that it's possible the product may not work the way it should.
but with the reindeer nose:Atleast 40 people got SO upset over the color of a nose on a virtual pet,and the color of something on a website (or in real life) shouldent up set people so much they have atleast 40 people join them,it would be ok if only 1 or 2 people where complaining about the minty reindeers nose,but there was like 10 threads about it to begin with,and so many people joined them and General Disscusion chat had many threads about the color of a reindeers nose.But with the unicorn tapestry:Now people are getting mad that you could get it through trading cards.So i think those people who dont like the unicorn tapestry being available
through trading cards dont like people getting things if they already got it and there upset about people getting something?Ganz could've suprised us saying that it was just availible through kinzville newz and felt like giving us a suprise.Also when kinzville news first came out a large amount of people on WI were saying it copied WI,and they hate it,if you dont like kinzville news dont go on it!Simple as that! I'm not angry that ganz took there time to inform us on new things happening in WW.

View Post Originally Posted by swisscheese101
And besides the simple rule is: If you don't like it, don't play. Just don't go complaing about it to the rest of us who actually have patience and understand GANZ.
i agree!If you dont like it dont play it!

Not trying to be offensive:
I saw somewhere on this thread were someone said:We have lives so why would we be on WW all day? Now my opinion: If people have lives they wouldent be complaining about the color of a virual pets nose all day.

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 12-23-2008 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #77
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Now let's go on to touch base a moment on the VIRTUAL items for sale, such as in the estore -- they make sure the servers for that keep running now don't they?
Actually this is not the case. The past few weekends, there have been major problems with the estore, even during the week, it has been closed a few times.

I am one of the people who has spent quite a bit of money on Webkinz and Webkinz-related items, but this is why I'm willing to be patient. I would rather deal with limited access than deal with the colossal waste of money that it would be if they decide that the site is more trouble than it is worth and they just pull the plug entirely. I have not experienced the please wait for about a week now, so I know that they are trying. The amount of money I spend is also the reason that I call as soon as there is an issue with my account. Someone used a car as an example. If you have a problem with the car you don't expect the mechanic to know there is a problem and fix it, you call right away to get it fixed.

I believe that they work on ithe issues that they believe are the most wide-spread first. This is why people need to call customer service and report issues when they come up. If you want to vent you absolutely have that right, but it is more productive if you call also. They can't fix what they don't know about. If you have a problem, call, don't email, because as far as I know the return emails tell you to call customer service anyway.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out on Christmas day.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #78
(:

prettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond reputeprettybelle05 has a reputation beyond repute

I know! My friend got a Cheeky Monkey in July, and didn't get money, OR it's PSF.

Last edited by prettybelle05; 12-23-2008 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Used wrong word
prettybelle05 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #79
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Not trying to be offensive:
I saw somewhere on this thread were someone said:We have lives so why would we be on WW all day? Now my opinion: If people have lives they wouldent be complaining about the color of a virual pets nose all day.
But saying it like that is offensive, people bought something that was a certain way and then all of a sudden it changed, they have every right to be upset about it. I don't have one, but I can understand why it would be upsetting.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #80
Anti Twilight.

View Post Originally Posted by Tj03
But saying it like that is offensive, people bought something that was a certain way and then all of a sudden it changed, they have every right to be upset about it. I don't have one, but I can understand why it would be upsetting.
i understand it would be upsetting but there was so much threads about it it was impossible to avoid it.
But i dont understand how some people could just love it less just because a color of a nose
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!