Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #61
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Nobody is complaing "to everybody" or "to the rest of us." The title of the thread is "Wake up Ganz,' which clearly means that the poster is currently not happy with Ganz, and most likely the posters aren't happy either. If somoene doesn't want to listen to people complaining they dont need to come here.
I don't care for Molly Cyrus or High School Musical. So it would be silly of me to hang out in those forums. People who lilke those things have a right to talk about them and it would be rude of me to hang out there and say "I'm tired of everybody saying how good High School Musical is, please talk about something else."
So although people with differnt opinion have a right to come here and post, if you are the type that doesn't want to hear people complain or vent, then save yourself the time and frustration by going to a different thread.

View Post Originally Posted by swisscheese101
And besides the simple rule is: If you don't like it, don't play. Just don't go complaing about it to the rest of us who actually have patience and understand GANZ.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 02:27 AM   #62
Lil Kinz

Yuuki is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lost faith in Ganz, I completely stopped all purchases from their company. They have been very uncaring to my issues as well as people I know. I believe that they should do some cleaning up or possibly they'll lose their business.
Yuuki is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 AM   #63
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by jessicabarnhart
Just curious, how much have you all spent on webkinz in the last month? For CHRISTmas, I have spent over $200. If every WW member out there at least receives a pack of cards for the holiday, can you imagine the amount of money Ganz will have made? There is no doubt in my mind that they have plenty of money to run and repair this website. And, as someone else has already mentioned, instead of fixing stuff they add more items ( that don't seem to work half the time). All these new items, virtual and real, had to have been designed by someone. Then someone would have had to do the computer work on these new things. Just those two things right there are ALOT of money. Stop with the new, and fix the old.

A quick side note: My favorite webkinz retailer has informed me that she will no longer be caring them because they will soon be sold at Walmart. Not sure if this is completely true or not. But, can you imagine the effects it will have on webkinz world if it is?

I've spent over $400.00 on Webkinz and Accessories for Christmas..I've decided that, that's it, I'm not spending a lot of money anymore..Once in a while I might buy a new Webkinz, but no more accessories..
I'm so frustrated with Ganz..It really seems like they don't care about their customers and their concerns..If they did, they would fix the glitches
Trouble is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #64
Can you C mE?

ainbowraycanape is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
You know what? Websites aren't perfect, and never will be. Ganz does try to get rid of glitches, and all of those "please wait" glitches could easily be caused by your computer, or because your grandkids have too much stuff on their account. And how could they possibly know if the glitches are still there if they don't go on anymore? But wait, I'm not done! Even if Ganz did close webkinz down for a week, people would complain over that anyway! Ganz will lose either way because people complain over EVERYTHING!
King Hoopla, you are like my best friend on WI here! We agree on EVERYTHING! It seems like every thread i look at that you have posted on, I am lost for words because you take them right out of my mouth! Weeird....
Anyway, ya, we complain about EVERYTHING they do just to keep from getting bored! e patient once in a while! And Hoopla is right because most glitches are gone now. Your grandkids will probably be happy playing some more. i wish you the best!
-ainbow
ainbowraycanape is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 04:37 AM   #65
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by dusmopz
I haven't posted in awhile ... been sick. I just wanted to say all these glitches is going to cost Ganz in the end. My two grandsons no longer play on Webkinz because of all the glitches. They could either not do the activities or had to wait forever for things to load. We have the holiday season and all the children are home from school. Ganz is going to disappoint a lot of children who look forward to playing in WW. I usually buy a new Webkinz for my grandchildren as soon as they come out. I always bought them the Pet of the Month too but haven't bought one in two months now. Ganz knows about all the problems in WW. What they should have done was close it down for a week or two until they got it right. Sure many would be upset over the down time but if they were finally able to fix the glitches they might not lose members and sales. I just find it sad. My grandkids loved WW and played it constantly. Now they have moved on to other things (that actually work).

Oh and not to mention all the adults who are upset over this too. We are the ones spending all the money. Wake up Ganz before it is too late. JMHO
EXACTLY {and then some}! BTW, I usually say IMNHO {In My Never Humble Opinion} -- but then I have a lot of them and sooner or later {probably sooner LOL} everyone hears them! Rep for such a good post and discussion!

---------- KeyLargo added 4 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Angel Daisy
I understand entirely where you are coming from, Dusmop! I know that I've slowed up on Webkinz purchases and this "please wait" is really making me re-think things. I am hoping that the issue will be addressed quickly - it was only affecting one account, then that one started to run smoothly while two other accounts are down for all intents and purposes. So hopefully it's a flaw that can be corrected across all the servers!

Ganz might do well with a planned shut-down to address the problems. They could announce it, close for a week, then announce a grand re-opening with really fun prizes, gifts, activities, etc. to make up for the down time. A wheel of retireds? A wish token give away every hour? Clickable floaty wish tokens.....?
I wrote and told them that on the Asian and British account, that everyone that logged in {they CAN tell} to TRY to do the Wheel of Wishes should be sent a 'free' token {at least one}. Then I went on to 'remind' them that at the first of the month with the last Wheel of Wishes NO ONE got to do it then, either so that's another token that should be given to all those people. Also, I said while I was on the subject, what was up with having such lowball prizes on that wheel?

---------- KeyLargo added 19 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

You know what? Websites aren't perfect, and never will be. Ganz does try to get rid of glitches, and all of those "please wait" glitches could easily be caused by your computer, or because your grandkids have too much stuff on their account. And how could they possibly know if the glitches are still there if they don't go on anymore? But wait, I'm not done! Even if Ganz did close webkinz down for a week, people would complain over that anyway! Ganz will lose either way because people complain over EVERYTHING!
I read the {up until now} entire thread, all 6 pages, while waiting for one account to load. {AFTER 20 MINUTES IT STILL HAD NOT LOADED!!} This is a relatively new computer, recently completely reset to base {out of factory, except for upgrades to flash etcetera that are needed to visit such sites}. I also have access to an even newer computer which has all the needed programs. I also have access to a sorta older Mac as well as another laptop that is slightly older than the newer one {one is about 4 months old the other about a month or so}. I used to be a computer tech, shift leader, and so on so it is NOT my computer, it is NOT my browsers {which are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, Flock, Avant, K-Meleon, and at least one more that I can never remember}. I have worked on Windows and Mac machines and again -- IT IS THE SITE!

BTW, NO ONE said we expected the site to be 'perfect' -- USABLE would be...'nice', though! Too much stuff on my account? Which one? Let's see, the Asian account has 2 rooms, one thing in dock {the book they give you about the site} and about 20 items in all of two rooms. The British account has one room with a bed, 2 screens, the pet tub and...well, that's it. The other room is a garden with about 50 plants laid out in decorative pattern. The American account has about 20 rooms, 10 of which are gardens. NO ROOMS are 'over full' and my dock stays with less than 10 items at any time unless I am in trade or harvesting plants/selling off produce.

'People' do NOT "complain over EVERYTHING" -- they are venting, and they every RIGHT to do so! Some of these people have literally spents THOUSANDS of REAL dollars on plushes and all sorts of accessories. These plushes explicitly state that they are to be bought to get the CODE to PLAY ONLINE. The accessories, especially the cards and ornaments and such, are explicitly sold by Ganz retailers to access {READ GET IN AND BE ABLE TO USE} the SITE. Just as the POTM animal that is chosen is also explicitly marketed to be bought to ACCESS the SITE AND get EXTRA for buying the plush. These people are paying REAL money to access the SITE, so yes the site should {gawd forbid someone expecting this} BE ACCESSIBLE!

Now let's go on to touch base a moment on the VIRTUAL items for sale, such as in the estore -- they make sure the servers for that keep running now don't they? They made another site, supposedly for information, so they have server{s} for that. With all this money they're making where are all the serverS NEEDED to actually RUN the SITE itself? Who knows, but what we all do know is that it isn't being put in to that site and/or the running of that site. As for you NEVER getting ANY glitches or slowdowns, the only way that could ever happen is if you WORK for them, on a T1 {maybe} AND are right in the same room or down the hall from their servers. Also, do remember that all virtual items bought don't even get a real item of any sort, so again what are the purchasers/buyers expecting for real money? ACCESS TO THE SITE!

Later you said you proved your point because someone said a week shut down or whatever to fix the glitches and someone said not during Christmas. That was not complaiining, and in fact they should have shut it down BEFORE so as to not mess with all this, like the day the site constantly cycled down and kept telling people server{s} full, please wait in line, green screen, etcetera all day long. They were already down, but again oh forbid the thought even that their PROGRAMMERS and TECHS would have to work more than 6 hours a WEEK day -- minus lunch, coffee/tea breaks, bathroom breaks, weekends off, no nights, ad nauseum. When I was a tech we WORKED, and we did it 24/7/365, because that's when we were NEEDED to keep things RUNNING. Then again, we could have gotten 'away' with less hours -- when we did something it didn't bite the big one like this site is right now.

---------- KeyLargo added 24 Minutes and 2 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker
Here's my two cents' worth: If you are having problems, there are a few things you can do.

First of all, try switching browsers. This has worked for may people, including myself. I no longer use Internet Explorer,as I get lots of glitches, log-outs, an "please waits". I use Mozilla Firefox, which runs much better for me. Other people have had success with other browsers. Try out a few.

Secondly, clear your cache regularly - that means clearing cookies, browsing history, etc. This is found under "tools" or "internet tools" somewhere at the top of your page.

Third of all, try to avoid high usage times - from about 4 to 8 or 9 pm Kinztime, and on weekends try to get on early (if you're an east coaster) or late (west coast). I know that's when the hourly activities are on, but choose ahead of time which ones you really want to get, and just log on quickly to get them, and do the rest of the activities another time.

Fourth of all, I think there is hope. The last three days WW has been running better for me than it has in months. Last weekend was the first in a month when WW hasn't been really touchy, so they may have had some server upgrades. Perhaps they have been getting ready for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone, and may everything load for you!
It's 3 in the morning in the U.S. -- 6 in Asian {p.m. kt}. It took 7 tries {over an hour now} to finally get that account to load. Obviously the U.S. is on different server{s} -- it still has not loaded and it's been half an hour -- I am getting the we are full crud, at 3 in the morning! The British account is 9 in the morning kt and I'm getting constant please waits. I am NOT trying all these at once, just the one window going back and forth between accounts when I get tired of the please wait or green screen or it's full. So, tell me, what's a good time {in your opinion} to access the site? I should say TRY to access it, but the main point would still be I PAY/PAID to access the site when *I* want to, not when it's the middle of the night and there is nothing going on! You can look for the other comment I made where I listed no fewer than 11 browsers and two different operating systems and 4 plus computers -- so again it is NOT my browser{s}, it is NOT my computer{S}, it is NOT the time of day or the color of my eyes {which is just as silly as saying that everyone having problems with the site has a bad computer or browser problem or whatever}. I also stated that I used to be a computer tech AND a shift leader so trust me on this...IT IS THE SITE! My computer is hunky dory, totally.

I can imagine the break down/crash of servers come Christmas morning, with the site up to its usual dismal performance {or lack thereo*** lately -- and with all those people trying to log on, and problems at 3 in the middle of the morning not even day already...I might as well give it up, it ain't going to happen that anyone is going to get to use the site worth anything. Oh, but I bet they make sure the estore is up!

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-23-2008 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #66
King Hoopla

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
EXACTLY {and then some}! BTW, I usually say IMNHO {In My Never Humble Opinion} -- but then I have a lot of them and sooner or later {probably sooner LOL} everyone hears them! Rep for such a good post and discussion!

---------- KeyLargo added 4 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

I wrote and told them that on the Asian and British account, that everyone that logged in {they CAN tell} to TRY to do the Wheel of Wishes should be sent a 'free' token {at least one}. Then I went on to 'remind' them that at the first of the month with the last Wheel of Wishes NO ONE got to do it then, either so that's another token that should be given to all those people. Also, I said while I was on the subject, what was up with having such lowball prizes on that wheel?

---------- KeyLargo added 19 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

I read the {up until now} entire thread, all 6 pages, while waiting for one account to load. {AFTER 20 MINUTES IT STILL HAD NOT LOADED!!} This is a relatively new computer, recently completely reset to base {out of factory, except for upgrades to flash etcetera that are needed to visit such sites}. I also have access to an even newer computer which has all the needed programs. I also have access to a sorta older Mac as well as another laptop that is slightly older than the newer one {one is about 4 months old the other about a month or so}. I used to be a computer tech, shift leader, and so on so it is NOT my computer, it is NOT my browsers {which are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, Flock, Avant, K-Meleon, and at least one more that I can never remember}. I have worked on Windows and Mac machines and again -- IT IS THE SITE!

BTW, NO ONE said we expected the site to be 'perfect' -- USABLE would be...'nice', though! Too much stuff on my account? Which one? Let's see, the Asian account has 2 rooms, one thing in dock {the book they give you about the site} and about 20 items in all of two rooms. The British account has one room with a bed, 2 screens, the pet tub and...well, that's it. The other room is a garden with about 50 plants laid out in decorative pattern. The American account has about 20 rooms, 10 of which are gardens. NO ROOMS are 'over full' and my dock stays with less than 10 items at any time unless I am in trade or harvesting plants/selling off produce.

'People' do NOT "complain over EVERYTHING" -- they are venting, and they every RIGHT to do so! Some of these people have literally spents THOUSANDS of REAL dollars on plushes and all sorts of accessories. These plushes explicitly state that they are to be bought to get the CODE to PLAY ONLINE. The accessories, especially the cards and ornaments and such, are explicitly sold by Ganz retailers to access {READ GET IN AND BE ABLE TO USE} the SITE. Just as the POTM animal that is chosen is also explicitly marketed to be bought to ACCESS the SITE AND get EXTRA for buying the plush. These people are paying REAL money to access the SITE, so yes the site should {gawd forbid someone expecting this} BE ACCESSIBLE!

Now let's go on to touch base a moment on the VIRTUAL items for sale, such as in the estore -- they make sure the servers for that keep running now don't they? They made another site, supposedly for information, so they have server{s} for that. With all this money they're making where are all the serverS NEEDED to actually RUN the SITE itself? Who knows, but what we all do know is that it isn't being put in to that site and/or the running of that site. As for you NEVER getting ANY glitches or slowdowns, the only way that could ever happen is if you WORK for them, on a T1 {maybe} AND are right in the same room or down the hall from their servers. Also, do remember that all virtual items bought don't even get a real item of any sort, so again what are the purchasers/buyers expecting for real money? ACCESS TO THE SITE!

Later you said you proved your point because someone said a week shut down or whatever to fix the glitches and someone said not during Christmas. That was not complaiining, and in fact they should have shut it down BEFORE so as to not mess with all this, like the day the site constantly cycled down and kept telling people server{s} full, please wait in line, green screen, etcetera all day long. They were already down, but again oh forbid the thought even that their PROGRAMMERS and TECHS would have to work more than 6 hours a WEEK day -- minus lunch, coffee/tea breaks, bathroom breaks, weekends off, no nights, ad nauseum. When I was a tech we WORKED, and we did it 24/7/365, because that's when we were NEEDED to keep things RUNNING. Then again, we could have gotten 'away' with less hours -- when we did something it didn't bite the big one like this site is right now.

---------- KeyLargo added 24 Minutes and 2 Seconds later ----------

It's 3 in the morning in the U.S. -- 6 in Asian {p.m. kt}. It took 7 tries {over an hour now} to finally get that account to load. Obviously the U.S. is on different server{s} -- it still has not loaded and it's been half an hour -- I am getting the we are full crud, at 3 in the morning! The British account is 9 in the morning kt and I'm getting constant please waits. I am NOT trying all these at once, just the one window going back and forth between accounts when I get tired of the please wait or green screen or it's full. So, tell me, what's a good time {in your opinion} to access the site? I should say TRY to access it, but the main point would still be I PAY/PAID to access the site when *I* want to, not when it's the middle of the night and there is nothing going on! You can look for the other comment I made where I listed no fewer than 11 browsers and two different operating systems and 4 plus computers -- so again it is NOT my browser{s}, it is NOT my computer{S}, it is NOT the time of day or the color of my eyes {which is just as silly as saying that everyone having problems with the site has a bad computer or browser problem or whatever}. I also stated that I used to be a computer tech AND a shift leader so trust me on this...IT IS THE SITE! My computer is hunky dory, totally.

I can imagine the break down/crash of servers come Christmas morning, with the site up to its usual dismal performance {or lack thereo*** lately -- and with all those people trying to log on, and problems at 3 in the middle of the morning not even day already...I might as well give it up, it ain't going to happen that anyone is going to get to use the site worth anything. Oh, but I bet they make sure the estore is up!
My computer always works fine........and so does the website. In fact, it's very fast!

edited. no need to be inflmmatory either.
sn0wwhite

Last edited by sn0wwhite; 12-23-2008 at 09:44 AM..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #67
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

For people saying things about differnt browsers....I have tried I.E., firefox and google crome I believe and they are all having the same result, slow and please waits. ANd look, King Hoopla, she should have the right to say her own peice. You can't be ther only one to complain.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #68
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

My computer always works fine........and so does the website. In fact, it's very fast!

edited. no need to be inflmmatory either.
sn0wwhite
Sorry but I have an amazing and high end computer and I am on highest speed of interent servers there is. Also I have an automatic cache cleaner and when things slow down 'I do cleaned up to see if it makes a difference'.....and guess what, is does not...why? Because the problem is not on my end it is with WW. They are still slow.

And Every other site I go to I have Zero problems with. So that tells me that it is WW and NOT my computer.

If it was my computer than everywhere I went would be slow and I would have issues with other sites too...but this is not the case.

Also in regards to shutting down WW and people 'complaining', really venting about not easily being able to use a site we paid to use....and alot of us don't just have 1 webbie on our account. (not that that should matter anyway, a webkinz is = to paying a subscription to a site)...but if they should shut it down, not during the holiday, but right after school vacation ends for my/the kids. Then the only people primarily effected by it would be the adults. (and the kids for a short period of time after school). Personally I think they should be working on the problems, at night when the site is shut down from 2-4am.

Actually they should be working around the clock like other websites...but at the very least they have a 2 hour window in which alot could be done every single night. And plenty of people have graveyard shifts..so please don't claim that this is unreasonable to expect from a company.

And yes no site is perfect, but it should be functional/usable. It is what we are paying for after all...it is not an unreasonable request for the site and it's games/prizes/etc to actually work.

They manage to keep adding to the site, but they can't manage to fix the existing problems???

I haven't ever heard of a company that adds extras before fixing....at least I haven't heard of any that overcame it and haven't bottomed out when all was said and done. If they don't fix stuff, they will go up in flames. Kids will drop out and eventually, us adults, will give up too.

When any product continues to manufacter and not listen or pay attention to the consumers they are on a fast track to their own end...it almost feels as though a tabacco company is running this site...motto being: get them addicted and we can do what we want and ignore all the problems/ or be force to put a warning about the problems...
What is next for WW??, a Ganz tag with a warning that says, 'lPlease adopt this pet, but remeber, we are not responsible for wether or not you will be able too actually access our website.'

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-23-2008 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: typo
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #69
Wiggles1231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Webkinz is a great website. I think that they really shouldn't be coming out with new activities and webkinz so much. I started webkinz a year ago and didn't notice glitches until this month. I think Ganz needs to slow down.
Wiggles1231 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #70
Webkinz :)

rainbow88 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Wiggles1231
Webkinz is a great website. I think that they really shouldn't be coming out with new activities and webkinz so much. I started webkinz a year ago and didn't notice glitches until this month. I think Ganz needs to slow down.
I totally agree, if they would stop coming out with so many new things each month, fix the things they have now so things work better. I had the please wait 3 times in less then 20 mins this morning and of course one time was in the middle of the academy. My kids don't play on here as much as they used to and I think it's because of all the loading and please waits they come up. They seem to have more fun on Build a Bear's website now.
I think GAnz needs to think ahead before they start to loose more people. With all the money they make and I am sure it's lots, I can't see why the problems can not be fixed.

:clyde: and more.
rainbow88 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!