Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #241
World's largest
Webkinz :)

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by Woofy03
Glitches get annoying, and I know you are upset, but do we really need to complain?
Complaining does not help.
Action does.
I say e-mail Ganz, or call, and state your problems.
Maybe they will acutally answer someone by saying, "Sorry about the......."
and so forth.
I am not here to fight, I am here trying to put PEACE on WebkinzInsider.
Because fighting and complaining gets really annoying after a while.
Trying to get people to not say how they feel isn't going to help make peace. In fact it just makes it worse for when whatever people hold in comes out. It is possible to express strong opinions without arguing. We do not all have to agree, but we should all respect each other and each other's right to express how we feel.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #242
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
Maybe there is something wrong with your computer.
But probably and very most likely there is nothing at all wrong with their computer but instead {as usual} it is the site as it is {the site biting} with the other HUNDREDS of users using appropriately modern up to brand new computers on different connections including high speed fiber optics which are almost as fast as a T1 connection which is what many companies use to RUN a SERVER. So again, just because you have supposedly never experienced any problems that are not glitches because they occur repeatedly and for hours/days/months does NOT mean it is someone's computer.

According to you, but not to the hundreds that ARE affected by all these problems, they have tried every solution that should have worked at some point IF it were their computers...so obviously it is NOT the computers but instead it is GANZ' computers, or lack thereof, including people who are paid quite well to know how to program things, reprogram things when glitches and problems happen, and at least try to make sure that those problems do not happen in the first place.

---------- KeyLargo added 3 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

But a company is made of PEOPLE, not robots or supercomputers. Ganz does hire programmers to fix things, and it's not easy to fix every single thing that goes wrong. You can't just click a button or flip a switch to fix something. They are not "too greedy" either. Why do you think they close down WW every night? To fix things. (I hope this didn't sound rude )

---------- King Hoopla added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

If that were true, webkinz would not exist.
Then how come they do NOT shut down the Asian OR European site access AT ALL except for the once or twice so called monthly maintenance, if they have to shut down to repair things? Because they don't, it's that simple. As for the button, switch, flip etcetera, sometimes it is that easy, but the site wouldn't knowbecause they are intent on ignoring the problem and/or being rude about it when someone does voice a LEGITIMATE complaint.

---------- KeyLargo added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

What websites, then?
Google, for one -- they had basically a computer geek hacker go at them once and they had everything fixed and double secured within less than an HOUR! And they are a FREE site AND they get MILLIONS of more users at any given time than the Ganz site.

---------- KeyLargo added 14 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by elefancy
WAMBO when you contact costumer service have they offered any help? I have only had good experiences with them and have found them to be very helpful-
Congrats! You are among the one in a million that have NOT had problems {major ones at that} with the site! Lucky you! {seriously}

However HUNDREDS have written on this site {probably up in to the thousands with the different problems} of not being able to log in, being logged out for no reason, logging in only to be told please wait 'forever', logging in only to get repeated long periods of please wait, being logged out in middle of game and not being awarded kc earned, buying items from wshop and not being given them {and being told by so called customer service that they don't replace 'missing' items -- they are not missing, they were never gotten}, not being awarded correct kc or prizes if awarded at all, having items frozen for weeks at a time, having items go missing with NO ONE has access to account except that one user, getting 'service' from the A{buse} Team working for them that know next to nothing about any of these issues and/or lip service to trite form letters that are snotty {and have NOTHING to actually do with THAT problem}, and so on and on and on.

For example, over Halloween I bought the two highest priced items with coupons. Due to the ONGOING PROBLEM of coupons {multiple items bought same time} not working correctly I bought one then the other with their coupon. It took my coupon, it took my kc and never gave me the item{s}. Then I bought the items separate, again, with just kc; again it took my kc and never gave me the item. Now their databases can TELL this all. What did I get from them when I wrote to them? Silence. I wrote THIRTEEN times before I got the FIRST {and only} 'answer' -- a snotty form letter telling me they were not responsible for 'missing' items, even though I never got them for them to go missing, and that someone must know my password {they don't but since I never got the item it can't be missing/stolen now can it}, that my rooms are overfull {they are most certainly NOT}, that my dock is overfull {uh, yeah, I'm sure those 20 or so items are really clogging things up -- and if they'd give me a place to put my rare paper and flooring they wouldn't be there, either}, and so on ad nauseum. I tried to call; one of these times I might even get through to a real person.

Did you read about the POTM problems? They were not being awarded their pet items, their kc, and in most cases not getting their POTM prize -- and they were mostly told oh well, too bad. The cares tags 'big' prize {when selecting box at beginning} is now giving out wonderful things like...a balloon and 23kc -- which even a rep {who probably got in trouble for saying/admitting it} says that is NOT supposed to happen -- supposed to be a couple or 3 bigger prizes, decent kc, some decent food etcetera. I even sent them attachment SHOWING them I did not get my kc OR my item with my most recent adoption. What happened? OMG I got wrote back! It said they are not responsible for 'missing' items, to check my password and my dock and my rooms and that their legal disclaimer says as is etcetera. Bull, as usual.

A casual glance through the threads will give you more than an eyeful, if you're willing to read them with open eyes and mind. It is NOT their computers; it IS the site. AND their so called customer service, the A{buse} Team, bites the big one either due to bad training, bad communication, and/or bad company policy. The main argument for the 'other' side here is that these things are 'virutal' -- but the MONEY that PAID for the items to ACCESS the SITE was/is REAL, and if the prizes are no big deal because they are virtual then why doesn't the site go ahead and give them what they should have gotten in the first place -- their POTM prize, their extra adoption gift, their kc, their bought items, their.... Getting the point here?

---------- KeyLargo added 5 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I know you were just sharing your experiences. That is all I was doing as well. Sharing my experiences.

You said "
I have found as well that sometimes it is the computer you are using"; you didn't say "the computer I have been using". That would imply that you are suggesting that others switch their computers and maybe it would work. That is how I interpreted what you wrote because of your wording. I am sorry if I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I said "
You are so lucky you haven't experienced the "Please Wait..." glitch. Please read the other posts on this thread and you will see that switching computers hasn't helped. It is a problem with some of the accounts/servers in WW."

The reason I said this is because it is obvious that some users are unaware of the extent of the "Please Wait..." glitch that has been rendering some accounts useless for over a week. It is not a problem that switching computers will help. I believe that if you really read all of the other posts, then you could sympathize with other users. But since your account hasn't been affected, maybe you don't fully understand. Rereading the posts should help you to understand.
BRAVA!! Also, a 'glitch' {according to the SITE ITSEL*** is 'rare' -- these are PROBLEMS NOT 'glitches' because they happen all the time on a consistent basis for hours, days and even months! Rep to you, you go! LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 5 Minutes and 54 Seconds later ----------

Glitches get annoying, and I know you are upset, but do we really need to complain?
Complaining does not help.
Action does.
I say e-mail Ganz, or call, and state your problems.
Maybe they will acutally answer someone by saying, "Sorry about the......."
and so forth.
I am not here to fight, I am here trying to put PEACE on WebkinzInsider.
Because fighting and complaining gets really annoying after a while.
That's funny, me and seemingly most of the others on this thread aren't seeing this as complaining -- we are comparing experiences and realizing that it is NOT our computers, it IS the site, and going about in a constructive manner trying to figure out what to do about it. As for me and others I have personally talked to at length about the so called customer service...it is USELESS. I have written at least 3 dozen emails about serious problems not 'glitches' and not little annoyances but about things like not getting my additional pet adoption gift {which their server can tell and which I also attached screen shot of with my pet, date time etc} -- they basically told me in snotty way with first part form letter {NOTHING to do with the PROBLEM} and second part oh, well, tough. As for the calling, one of these days I might actually get through to someone or get them to call me back; I'm not holding my breath though. That goes double for them apologizing or anything else -- they could simply FIX the PROBLEMS. Other sites do it all the time, FOR FREE.

As for the peace thing, no one on this thread is fighting that I could tell except a couple who don't agree and seem to think everyone else is mad at them or fighting -- and we aren't.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-30-2008 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM   #243
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe there is something wrong with your computer.
it might not be I've tried on 8 different computers all fast and new on other sites ww slow and it freezes computers
Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 AM   #244
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

It does not seem fair to jump on anyone who post that they have not had the same problems as you- I did not get my POTM loot bag and I contacted Ganz and they did in fact replace what I did not get-- I am sorry if you did not get the same customer service that I received and since I was told that my original post on this thread was taken in the wrong way since I used the word YOU instead of I- perhaps I am reading post incorrectly but it seems people are jumping on anyone who has not had the same problems--or the glitches they have had--
elefancy is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 AM   #245
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

It does not seem fair to jump on anyone who post that they have not had the same problems as you- I did not get my POTM loot bag and I contacted Ganz and they did in fact replace what I did not get-- I am sorry if you did not get the same customer service that I received and since I was told that my original post on this thread was taken in the wrong way since I used the word YOU instead of I- perhaps I am reading post incorrectly but it seems people are jumping on anyone who has not had the same problems--or the glitches they have had--
Please don't take things personally. We all appreciate your input. We are also glad that you haven't had any major bad experiences with Ganz lately. Your opinion does matter because we need to see both sides.

Ganz is not all bad and I have had both very bad experiences with their customer service and also good experiences.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 AM   #246

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Maeffy
I agree w/ the point the Ganz is just cheap & lazy to not fix such an obvious issue as all the problems w/ their site.

We have 5 computers in our house that access WW. We have 4 WW accounts. Some PCs are BRAND new (got for Yule). All have up to date operating systems, drivers, Web browsers, newest Adobe Flash version, anti virus software etc.. but WW is slow.. it WAS very slow for a few weeks in a very consistant way.. sometimes we can't even get some of our accounts to "open" on any pc.. like now.. Any most now show that there is a file script error coming from WW & we have to click NO to do we don't want to end script.. and sometimes if we do this enough it some of our accounts might open.. but other times it is like hit & miss incosistant vodoo.

And I can't believe the pettiness & chid like "show me" in the statement "what sites"... My husband & many of my friends are programers. I used to run computer networks for companies & military departments.. but since having the last 2 kids lost all those functioning brain cells that stored all that info. note how I am now into WW. But it is true.. NO other site that is PAY or even those simple fun FREE sites would & have ever had problems for such a long time.. you just go through the code script & break it down & fix it.. this can be done w/ out taking the current system down.. you just run the program through the programers system & a mock server etc... then hit & miss correct things. Then at the next scheduled daily down time you just switch out the good file for the bad one currently missing w/ things... done..

This is one of the reasons that several Federal Agencies are looking into WW & Ganz. Ganz has on its E-store done the old bait & switch w/things like the egyptian costume.. they have never fixed or resolved my problem w/ that. And what about the advertised things that come w/ a "POTM" that NEVER come.. yet were considered part of the purchase price etc. I know for a fact people from some agencies that are reviewing these things.. it was even a talk in the pharmacy line one day.. w/ people bringing up the complaints they have filed etc..

The "Please Wait...." totally locks up accounts.. you lose KC etc.. I have had full garden rooms that are totally full of plants I have bought rot & have to be "dug out" w/ the shovel because I can't get into my rooms, or pets get sick & have to pay DR quack if I can get to him sometimes.. and even Flooring Assistant is acting wierd still & that is the only high paying level 3 job that I can completer successfully EVERYtime & get the KC.. but lately it has been a bust as it is jerky, & freezes & then speeds up.

My little son still have not gotten his POTM stuff for his last 2 POTM pets. And yes I HAVE contacted GANZ & they have NOT resolved this. And he just got a Elephant for Yule & he did NOT get the PSI. And he is my very sensitive little guy who even takes baths (like tonight) w/ his Webkins & sleeps & plays w/ his pets & takes them places & makes up adventures for them.. & he is in 2nd grade 7 1/2..

If they wanted the site to run well, IT WOULD!! simple fact. And it EASILY could work, they just decent programers, pay them for hours, & have them fix the code, they would also upgrade the servers to make sure they can ALWAYS handle the amount of customer & accounts from paying customers they have.

Try going to Iwon games or Pogo etc.. where it is FREE and there are some many different kinds of games & activities, or Bella Sara, or Millsberry.. and notice that a glitch doesn't last more than a few hrs or no more than 1 day. And there are tons of very detailed adult gamer sites that are even more interactive w/ out filters etc. that have an many members/accounts & games, virtual world etc.. and THEY DON"T have these problems... they fix them & constantly review, manage & rewrite & tighten up or edit code..

And those who wrote "but THEY are doing THEIR best" that is so sad that you see it this way. "THEY" are NOT the personalities that you have attributed to your online virtual WW pets.. "THEY" are a company getting VERY rich off selling & providing cheap plush dolls & virtual items that only cost them code to make once & nothing to duplicate in purpetum. "THEY" are quite pathetic if they think that the name GANZ now stands for quality. And even the plushing fall apart. My daughters Polar bear she just got already came apart all down the tummy seam, & she mostly uses her plushies for show in her bed or the pet nets along the wall. The new elephants ear had an open seam & other pets have issues too.

I agree with you on so many levels.

And I really need to point out the part of your sentence that I underlined and colored differently only because I come across these type of statements in so many threads.

I have grown extremly tired of seeing all these comments where people are claiming Ganz tries there hardest and they are only human and cut them some slack and there are plenty of other sentences used that are the jist of these...

And I think you have summed it up nicely by saying that these people have a false impression of Ganz. It is a bit like the Wizard of Oz and the Man behind the Curtain...Ganz employees, all those people behind the scenes are not the personalities that some may be attributing to their online pets.

Ganz is a company filled with adults that are either not doing their jobs or are not hiring the right people to do the jobs that need to be done.

And TOO much is going wrong. And when a person or group of individuals are running a company, they have to be held accountable for all their action. And as for the Owners,CEO's,CFO's, and ETC in most companies, that are successfully ran smoothly... there are no breaks no real vacations...I know that alot of people feel that these top dogs don't deserve the salary they make..but they make huge sacrifics in life to do their job well.

But Ganz Owners, CEO's, CFO's,and etc don't appear to be sacrificing much of anything.

And the people that are running the quality companies are ran by individuals that live and breathe the company and their work, they believe in it so much that they turn their backs on alot of life, they don't ever really have a chance to celebrate any holidays and take any real family time (at least not without multiple business interuptions).

Having said this, Ganz top employees seem to be on the golf course, taking a few to many vacations, or whatever they do in their leisure time...and the certainly do not appear to be spending very much time in the office. Something is awfully wrong at their headquarters and it all always starts at the top and works it way down.

Most people have a fairly good idea of what they are getting themselves into when they start up and are becoming successful...it feels as those Ganz went up and up and then has had no clue what to do at the peek.

And for whatever reaon they don't appear to be making the same choices and sacrifics that truly successful companies do in order to stay on top...Ganz is on a crash and burn path.

And if Ganz is smart, this company will grow up and take care of the problems by hireing the right people to do the jobs needed/or get those people working more efficiently. And Ganz seriously needs to start listening to their customers and stop chalking everything up to a small glitches.

When this many people are complaining, it generally is not a group of whining voices, it is a group of people with a list of very valid complaints...Ganz really needs to get into the office and get moving on the big issues.

And they definitely need to stop wasting time making all these small changes which are only upsetting us futher...why they keep adding instead of fixing, I don't know?...

Is it a smoke and mirrors trick? Is it Ganz way to distract us from all the other things they can't/aren't fixing? I honestly can't understand why on earth, for months now, hoow POM loots are not working..this is only 1 among a long list of Activities that people live for that still aren't working/fixed (ex Token Balloon Dartz), and the server issues. and all that various problems we are all facing.

It really is time for Ganz to wake up, get dressed, and drive to the office and actually work!
I have invested to much $, time, and energy into their company to watch them crash and burn.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-31-2008 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: typos
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 AM   #247
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Where did you get jumped on? In my case I said if you did not have any problems with the site {in any way especially} that I SERIOUSLY congratulated you on your luck! However hundreds and even thousands have not been so lucky {which I backed up that statement with facts, a lot of facts}. We feel bad for those that are having any sort of problems and congratulate those who are lucky enough not to be experiencing those problems {all the ones we are}. Again, however, at the same time I personally don't think you are getting the point here -- WE ARE having PROBLEMS, LOTS of them, and we are all comparing them and trying to sort out possible reasons {and even more so possible solutions}. Since according to you yourself you aren't having these problems I would think it would be somewhat to very hard for you to understand the outright frustration {or worse} that many are feeling over these NOT glitches but PROBLEMS {ongoing, major, seeming to never cease}. Especially when we are NOT getting any help what so ever from the site {so called} management in any way.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #248
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

How do you know if they are greedy?
They might be hiring all the programmers they can!
Right now my lap top is at a Windows fixer company(I am on the desk top) and it has probably been there for 2 weeks now and they haven't been able to fix it.
Not all computer glitches are a piece of cake.
Some take a long time to fix.
I am not trying to be mean, but give Ganz a break.
Everyone used to love Ganz, SO much.
But now because of a few minor glitches, you people are turning on them.
Maybe if you guys sat back and relaxed you would see results.
And the glitch with me not being able to get into Webkinz World has hppened but you don't see me on here saying Ganz is Stupid.
Ganz is a very Smart, productive company.
So justy have some patience is all I ask.

---------- Woofy03 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

^What I have above is replies to two people on here.
trust me there not minor glitches how would you like it if ww took at a minimum of 15 minuets to load most days you get please waits every 5 minuets you cant open your dock this is what happens to most members its frustrating

---------- dark_heart added 3 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

Well, just like that tag says, stop complaining. Can we just not complain for at least one day? Or is this too much to ask?
trust me we won't

Last edited by dark_heart; 12-31-2008 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #249

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Well, just like that tag says, stop complaining. Can we just not complain for at least one day? Or is this too much to ask?

I understand why you want everyone to stop, but no one is going to this until Ganz gets their act together. Perhaps instead of asking for us to stop, maybe everyone that is tired of reading posts in regards to Ganz problems should take a small break. And we are discussiong the issues not complaining...there is a difference....and we are discussing it so much because we all love Ganz and don't want to see them go up in flames. We all love Webkinzworld.

And Ganz really does not need anyone to stick up for them....they are a company and most likely anyone that has any power in the company is not reading these boards.
And if they were, which I can only dream that they are...well than they are getting educated on any issues they aren't aware of...but I feel they do know about all these problems and just aren't taking care of them.

Anyway their feet must be held to the fire and Ganz needs to know how badly these problems are effecting their customers and then they need to take care of the problems.

I am not suggesting that you shouldn't post by any means, but if it upsets you this much than maybe a break from threads like these would be a good idea...only because people are going to post as long as Ganz continues to ignore the big issues.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #250
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Where did you get jumped on? In my case I said if you did not have any problems with the site {in any way especially} that I SERIOUSLY congratulated you on your luck! However hundreds and even thousands have not been so lucky {which I backed up that statement with facts, a lot of facts}. We feel bad for those that are having any sort of problems and congratulate those who are lucky enough not to be experiencing those problems {all the ones we are}. Again, however, at the same time I personally don't think you are getting the point here -- WE ARE having PROBLEMS, LOTS of them, and we are all comparing them and trying to sort out possible reasons {and even more so possible solutions}. Since according to you yourself you aren't having these problems I would think it would be somewhat to very hard for you to understand the outright frustration {or worse} that many are feeling over these NOT glitches but PROBLEMS {ongoing, major, seeming to never cease}. Especially when we are NOT getting any help what so ever from the site {so called} management in any way.
Perhaps you should go back and read the tone in your original post- I really do not think my asking someone if they contacted customer service warranted such a reply-
elefancy is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!