Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #221
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
But a company is made of PEOPLE, not robots or supercomputers. Ganz does hire programmers to fix things, and it's not easy to fix every single thing that goes wrong. You can't just click a button or flip a switch to fix something. They are not "too greedy" either. Why do you think they close down WW every night? To fix things. (I hope this didn't sound rude )

---------- King Hoopla added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

If that were true, webkinz would not exist.
Again, bugs CAN be fixed, I've seen them fixed faster on other websites.
Ivie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #222
King Hoopla

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
Again, bugs CAN be fixed, I've seen them fixed faster on other websites.
What websites, then?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #223
I am sooooo...
Gifted

taymeg will become famous soon enough

Maybe there is something wrong with your computer.
I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one who WW is running a little slow for.
Is it not slow for you? (And yes, I was over-exaggerating when I said it takes "FOREVER".)
taymeg is offline Male
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #224
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

It is not slow for me-
elefancy is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #225
King Hoopla

View Post Originally Posted by elefancy
It is not slow for me-
Yeah, the website is pretty fast for me.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #226
Webkinz :)

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

thatz exactley what happens to me. When it does bother me, i log out and retry. usually, aftyer the [fifth] try, it eventually works for me.
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #227

WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

If two of my daughters have an account that works fine, but one, started at the same time does not, then Ganz has some problems. If a 'glitch' caused a small problem for a couple days or a week, we can handle it. However, if an account is not working for a week or more, it is unacceptable. We paid for a service and it should be somewhat reliable, although nnot infallible. ALso, if no one complains to Ganz about a problem, then how would Ganz know that it's needs to be fixed? The answer is the wouldn't. The more people that complain, the more Ganz would be motivated to respond. One other thing, I personally would be sympathetic to another human being with a problem, rather than a wealthy company sitting on problems [actually creating more].
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #228
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

WAMBO when you contact costumer service have they offered any help? I have only had good experiences with them and have found them to be very helpful-
elefancy is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #229

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

I agree w/ the point the Ganz is just cheap & lazy to not fix such an obvious issue as all the problems w/ their site.

We have 5 computers in our house that access WW. We have 4 WW accounts. Some PCs are BRAND new (got for Yule). All have up to date operating systems, drivers, Web browsers, newest Adobe Flash version, anti virus software etc.. but WW is slow.. it WAS very slow for a few weeks in a very consistant way.. sometimes we can't even get some of our accounts to "open" on any pc.. like now.. Any most now show that there is a file script error coming from WW & we have to click NO to do we don't want to end script.. and sometimes if we do this enough it some of our accounts might open.. but other times it is like hit & miss incosistant vodoo.

And I can't believe the pettiness & chid like "show me" in the statement "what sites"... My husband & many of my friends are programers. I used to run computer networks for companies & military departments.. but since having the last 2 kids lost all those functioning brain cells that stored all that info. note how I am now into WW. But it is true.. NO other site that is PAY or even those simple fun FREE sites would & have ever had problems for such a long time.. you just go through the code script & break it down & fix it.. this can be done w/ out taking the current system down.. you just run the program through the programers system & a mock server etc... then hit & miss correct things. Then at the next scheduled daily down time you just switch out the good file for the bad one currently missing w/ things... done..

This is one of the reasons that several Federal Agencies are looking into WW & Ganz. Ganz has on its E-store done the old bait & switch w/things like the egyptian costume.. they have never fixed or resolved my problem w/ that. And what about the advertised things that come w/ a "POTM" that NEVER come.. yet were considered part of the purchase price etc. I know for a fact people from some agencies that are reviewing these things.. it was even a talk in the pharmacy line one day.. w/ people bringing up the complaints they have filed etc..

The "Please Wait...." totally locks up accounts.. you lose KC etc.. I have had full garden rooms that are totally full of plants I have bought rot & have to be "dug out" w/ the shovel because I can't get into my rooms, or pets get sick & have to pay DR quack if I can get to him sometimes.. and even Flooring Assistant is acting wierd still & that is the only high paying level 3 job that I can completer successfully EVERYtime & get the KC.. but lately it has been a bust as it is jerky, & freezes & then speeds up.

My little son still have not gotten his POTM stuff for his last 2 POTM pets. And yes I HAVE contacted GANZ & they have NOT resolved this. And he just got a Elephant for Yule & he did NOT get the PSI. And he is my very sensitive little guy who even takes baths (like tonight) w/ his Webkins & sleeps & plays w/ his pets & takes them places & makes up adventures for them.. & he is in 2nd grade 7 1/2..

If they wanted the site to run well, IT WOULD!! simple fact. And it EASILY could work, they just decent programers, pay them for hours, & have them fix the code, they would also upgrade the servers to make sure they can ALWAYS handle the amount of customer & accounts from paying customers they have.

Try going to Iwon games or Pogo etc.. where it is FREE and there are some many different kinds of games & activities, or Bella Sara, or Millsberry.. and notice that a glitch doesn't last more than a few hrs or no more than 1 day. And there are tons of very detailed adult gamer sites that are even more interactive w/ out filters etc. that have an many members/accounts & games, virtual world etc.. and THEY DON"T have these problems... they fix them & constantly review, manage & rewrite & tighten up or edit code..

And those who wrote "but THEY are doing THEIR best" that is so sad that you see it this way. "THEY" are NOT the personalities that you have attributed to your online virtual WW pets.. "THEY" are a company getting VERY rich off selling & providing cheap plush dolls & virtual items that only cost them code to make once & nothing to duplicate in purpetum. "THEY" are quite pathetic if they think that the name GANZ now stands for quality. And even the plushing fall apart. My daughters Polar bear she just got already came apart all down the tummy seam, & she mostly uses her plushies for show in her bed or the pet nets along the wall. The new elephants ear had an open seam & other pets have issues too.
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #230
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

But a company is made of PEOPLE, not robots or supercomputers. Ganz does hire programmers to fix things, and it's not easy to fix every single thing that goes wrong. You can't just click a button or flip a switch to fix something. They are not "too greedy" either. Why do you think they close down WW every night? To fix things. (I hope this didn't sound rude )

---------- King Hoopla added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

If that were true, webkinz would not exist.
I have worked with software and the mere fact that they close down WW every night is not enough to say they are fixing anything. They may just be doing "housekeeping", i.e. updating search indexes (you can look this up on google if you want). With as many customers and with as much that goes on every day with the data in WW, it may take that long to do an update. Did you ever wonder why WW didn't use to be down that long in the middle of the night, and then now it seems like it is down longer and longer, especially after they add new features? The more data....the longer it takes.

Maybe there is something wrong with your computer.
Please go back and read some of the other posts, especially mine. It is definitely not our computers. I am not going to explain any more than that, because I have already done so in other posts on this thread. Please don't come into the middle of a "conversation" not knowing what has already been said; the information is there in previous posts, please go back and read it.

I am glad that your account has not been affected by the "Please Wait..." glitch. It is a WW problem.

---------- SnowCrystal added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by taymeg
I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one who WW is running a little slow for.
Is it not slow for you? (And yes, I was over-exaggerating when I said it takes "FOREVER".)
When the "Please Wait...." glitch happens, some things don't load on most accounts that are affected (e.g. the stadium). When things don't load...that is analogous to taking forever... and it is not an over-exaggeration.

---------- SnowCrystal added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by elefancy
I think I agree about there being some glitches but not too many to deal with- yes there are some and I think they are trying to correct them as they happen. I have found as well that sometimes it is the computer you are using. I have had difficulty with the please wait on one computer with an account and then would switch computers and get in without a problem--
I went back and read the original post on this and I do believe shutting down for an extended period of time would not be the answer- just think how upsetting it is when they shut down for a couple of hours for maintenance--LOL
It is frustrating to get the please wait but other than Christmas day when they were overloaded I have not had difficulty with any activities since.
You are so lucky you haven't experienced the "Please Wait..." glitch. Please read the other posts on this thread and you will see that switching computers hasn't helped. It is a problem with some of the accounts/servers in WW.

Last edited by SnowCrystal; 12-30-2008 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!