Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #191
Webkinz :)

WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

It's sorta like Apple's launch of the original iPhone, then the 3G model, them MobileMe. But at least two were initial launches and they blew it with the 3G, since they new the year before that they need bandwith, servers and tech support to prevent delays. Ganz should be tallying stats of WW visits and be prepared based upon sales. Spend more money on tech support than Webkinz design..Oh, and my kids want a Webkinz butterfly.

OK, the problem account has troubles again. It's again stuck on getting items from storage, while the other two accounts are fine. It was working fine at 8:30 AM EST, so it's probably a good assumption that this problem [as well as many other problems] are volume related, as it's almost 4PM and people are awake and on line. Again, more servers, bandwith and tech support are needed. The system can't get clogged during primetime kid web time. It's still trying to load, and I'm a slow typer (I played football instead of typing class It stalled/tried to load for 10 minutes and would do nothing else, but the other two accounts are fine. Attempt # 2 has the same result, but I successfully loaded items from another account in between attempts [so it's not my computer or ISP, ahem!]. Well, hopefully Ganz will buy some more servers [or reboot any that are problematic] with all the money that they made this holiday season... and make a Webkinz butterfly too!

Dusty, did you try in the AM...early?

---------- WAMBO added 186 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

Ok, it 7 PM and she can get things from storage again. Actually, I was just testing, since Katy's watching TV
It must be high volume web traffic. Everything works, but takes a little bit longer to load stuff, when compared to her sisters. On a lighter side, I tried the solutions for finding gems and it worked 50% of the time, so maybe I can help them get a second crown..fast this time

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-27-2008 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #192
tigerlily81

nimnims will become famous soon enough

you people need to give her a break,sure,websites aren't always perfect,but ganz really needs to take time working on some of those glitches before adding tons of new stuff.
nimnims is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #193

Well said, nimnims.
It's just before 9AM EST and all accounts work fine again. I'll check around 3 to 4 PM and report back. And the kids still want that Webkinz butterfly...besides every other Webkinz, as well!

Doc
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #194
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by nimnims
you people need to give her a break,sure,websites aren't always perfect,but ganz really needs to take time working on some of those glitches before adding tons of new stuff.
Yeah, and this isn't, "a few glitches" this is a system FULL of bugs. I've seen sites in beta better run. Gazn needs to set their priorities stright.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #195
You wish you were
Gifted

KittyKat913 is a jewel in the roughKittyKat913 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
Yeah, and this isn't, "a few glitches" this is a system FULL of bugs. I've seen sites in beta better run. Gazn needs to set their priorities stright.
Exactly. Right now, it's "Let's put out new products and get more money!" instead of "Let's fix the site so it will actually work." and so they get all these happy little kids (and adults) buying all these new Webkinz, but when those people figure out the site is bugged, then it's "Bye Bye Webkinz." which means no more cash for Ganz. Sooo, really this is hurting them too, in addition to millions of discouraged users.

Once again, this is only my opinion, and you are entitled to have your own.
KittyKat913 is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #196

Yep, it's 3:07 and sloooow WW time, or should we rename WW as 'please wait...' World? Unfortunatley, this is the prime time that my kids would log on after school, so hopefully this will improve after XMAS break. Getting items from storage form the problem account just goes on and on and on...requiring a log out, then abandoning getting items from storage. Let's hope for a better year for 2009 at Please Wait... World. Oops, I mean Webkinz World.

PS, the other accounts are working fine, but a tad slower, and this problem account has the same problem on 2 other computers, but had no problem early this morning. [So please don't post that the problem is my computer, my browser or cache]. Just posting thhis fact to try to help others understand thier problem, rather than wasting time on futile attemps to solve at the home level.

---------- WAMBO added 38 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

I just found a possible solution to a problem like mine [please wait when getting items from storage]. Here's the link:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...tml?p=12190296

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-28-2008 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #197
lupuny is finally
Gifted

queenofblosomes is just really nicequeenofblosomes is just really nice

Yes. I find it very sad too. GANZ WAKE UP!! I'm not addicted to webkinz anymore becuase all the glitches but I still have to play on webkinz because I spent tons of money on them. And I don't like it when your acount expires. Think about how much money you spent on webkinz.... ssorry, i'm getting carried away.............................
queenofblosomes is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #198

Gosh I love this smiley
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #199

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Angel Daisy
Wow! This thread has turned into the geek thread .... . I am not a computer whiz by any means, but I understand a lot of what is being discussed and it is interesting - I never really thought about the fact that if you had 2000 strawberries that should be less a of drain on the server than 2000 individual items, but it makes sense.

Somewhere along the line I read something that implied that each account is randomly assigned to a specific server....about 9 months ago someone remarked that the Ganz rep he'd spoken with said, oh yes, that server where your account is stored is wonky right now and we are working on it. That would make sense since the please wait seemed to pass through multiple accounts for me, then disappeared.

Perhaps the specifics for your account are stored on a particular server - your webbies, your kinzcash, your possesions, etc. Then the games, wheels, newspapers and general stuff are located on other servers which then generate information such as gems found, money won, etc. which is then loaded onto your account. Would that make sense? It doesn't explain why some folks had the charm forest play forever and some folks had the charm forest wait forever glitches.

Anyhow, not awarding the tiaras to those who have uncovered all the charms reminds me of a teacher who punishes the whole class for the actions of a few. Totally unfair. So what if a few people get a tiara they didn't "wait" to get? What harm is in that? Isn't it better to be fair to those who those who went through the correct proceedure and didn't get a tiara?

This is the sort of behavior that is making people upset with Ganz.
I was in this thread for awhlie andgot side tracked with Christmas and another thread, but I am back and ready to roll.

Anyway, I had no idea that they stopped rewarding the charm forest Tiaria...that is really awful. So some call fast and get theirs and others in line didn't?....so it was Ganz glitch and some used it, but when Ganz cheats us out of POM bags/balloon dartz/token ballon dartz/ wheel of wishes/etc. than that is Okay??? Sorry but something is VERY wrong with this picture.

At this point, three cheers to the those that did use the glitch. I know it sounds awful, but hasn't Ganz cheated us out of enough with glitches that 'side with their company'.

Yet anytime it a glitch sides with the customer 1) it is fixed FAST 2) they are being unequal in the manner in which they deal with it.

Again their glitches take FOREVER to fix...if they even get fixed.

And back to theTiara, EVERYONE legally or 'illegally(used glitsch) SHOULD ABSOLUTEY GET THE TIARA. Can't Ganz give a little something?

---------- bromsisa added 24 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lollipop8927
I agree, there are tons of glitches on WW... and instead of fixing them, ganz seems to think that adding things are going to make people more happy. I'd be just as pleased if they fixed everything..

There are actually more people "complaining" about others "complaining" on this thread.. we have GOOD reason to vent about this kind of thing. If you go on clubpenguin, which probably has about the same amount if not more members there, you don't see glitches! The only time I have ever seen a glitch on there since 2007 was during this year's carnival.. and it was a good glitch. There are very few "good glitches" on webkinz world anymore..

Going into webkinz world...
You press login, you have to wait for about 2 minutes if not longer
About 45% of the time you get the "I am sorry we cannot connect to webkinz world" message
You immediatley get "please wait.." until everything loads, which takes about a minute or more
Then.. the glitches just keep piling up.

So, yes, ganz is not perfect, nobody is, but they could do a better job with their site.

Great post and I couldn't have said it better.
And I can assume Club Penguin did not revoke the good glitch from their costmers...

maybe Ganz needs to get a How to Run your Website Handbook from Clubpenguin and others like it that do not have the issues Ganz does.

---------- bromsisa added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by WAMBO
On a lighter side, I tried the solutions for finding gems and it worked 50% of the time, so maybe I can help them get a second crown..fast this time
Is this different from the Gem Hunt guide on WI...I mean are there other tricks beyond this guide?

I only have about 5 more to go before I get my 2nd crown and I can't find those last Gems..it has been months now and I am becoming very frustrated.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-29-2008 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #200
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa

Great post and I couldn't have said it better.
And I can assume Club Penguin did not revoke the good glitch from their costmers...

maybe Ganz needs to get a How to Run your Website Handbook from Clubpenguin and others like it that do not have the issues Ganz does.
Yes, I think that CP could teach Ganz a few things!
Ivie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!