Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #171
my mom says im
Gifted

fuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the roughfuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

woah. everyone is typing loooooooong messages!
fuzzypenguin7 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #172
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

LOL I was thinking the same thing. For awhile I was thiking how it sounds like one of my local Star Trek meetings or the last sci fi con (convention) I was at. I think it's GREAT!!! :-) (Yes, I'm a card-carrying member of Starfleet, the International Fan association)

View Post Originally Posted by Angel Daisy
Wow! This thread has turned into the geek thread .... . I am not a computer whiz by any means, but I understand a lot of what is being discussed and it is interesting - I never really thought about the fact that if you had 2000 strawberries that should be less a of drain on the server than 2000 individual items, but it makes sense.

Somewhere along the line I read something that implied that each account is randomly assigned to a specific server....about 9 months ago someone remarked that the Ganz rep he'd spoken with said, oh yes, that server where your account is stored is wonky right now and we are working on it. That would make sense since the please wait seemed to pass through multiple accounts for me, then disappeared.

Perhaps the specifics for your account are stored on a particular server - your webbies, your kinzcash, your possesions, etc. Then the games, wheels, newspapers and general stuff are located on other servers which then generate information such as gems found, money won, etc. which is then loaded onto your account. Would that make sense? It doesn't explain why some folks had the charm forest play forever and some folks had the charm forest wait forever glitches.

Anyhow, not awarding the tiaras to those who have uncovered all the charms reminds me of a teacher who punishes the whole class for the actions of a few. Totally unfair. So what if a few people get a tiara they didn't "wait" to get? What harm is in that? Isn't it better to be fair to those who those who went through the correct proceedure and didn't get a tiara?

This is the sort of behavior that is making people upset with Ganz.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #173
Webkinz :)

WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep Cuffy, any product that one buys should work as advertised, or money should be refunded if the problem is not fixed promptly. You can't do that with Webkinz as once the tag is used, it cannot be returned. Many stores won't except returns when the tag is intact and unused. Again, while I do not expect WW to work perfectly every moment, I do expect problems to be fixed promptly, and I will never agree that 'doing their best' to fix them having their web resources working on new projects when others are broken. Since my child has ony recently developed this new problem, I will certainly give them a chance to fix it. My oldest tells me that the Clubhouse was not available for about a year, at least for her. Her sisters both had access to it months before she did, although she had an older account. And as always, I will side with the consumer with the problem, rather than the company with the money. It the only descent, humane and considerate thing to do.
God bless you all and thank you for your help. PS, the kids are really being good for daddy while mommy is sick, Maybe they deserve another Webkinz. The oldest has more than 3 dozen and the twins each have over two dozen. Does that qualify for receiving good service?

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-26-2008 at 07:05 PM..
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #174

China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!

I agree with everyone. I mean I have two accounts. My first account has NO problems at all. NO Please Wait.... nothing. But my second account is the one that drives me NUTS. Please wait all the time. I can do a daily activity in the 1st account first with NO problems *from loging in, to doing the activity and loging out it takes 5 min.* The 2nd account it could take me up to 55 min's or not able to do it all. That's taking 5 to 6 times just trying to log into Webkinz, to getting in, to being able to play the activity, to loging out. This whole time I using the same computer.

I am also haveing problems when I try to open the dock in the 2nd account *which only has 23 items in it* I also get the PLEASE WAIT.... or I just get the box where you see items just bounce into boxs. The only thing I am able to do at that point is Log Out. Then I back to square one trying to log back in......

As some people have said we are the ones paying for these. I agree they are not cheap.
China is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #175
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
They would take longer to load because Ganz recommends not to have more then 100 items in your dock or things will load slow
I am glad you mentioned about the dock limit recommendation. I hope I can make things a little clearer (maybe I didn't explain well enough):

The point of the strawberry example was that if the programming was efficient then WW should treat 2000 strawberries as 1 item, not 2000. If they did this then the dock would load really quickly, if you only have strawberries in your dock. It is like telling the programming to load one strawberry and the number 2000 (which would actually be loading 2 things) versus loading 2000 items (1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, 1 strawberry, ......................(2000 times).)

I hope my example was a little clearer this time. Have a wonderful day!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #176
hat's a
Gift Guru

Jthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonderJthegymnast wows us all with wonder

I honestly don't understand what everyone always complains about GANZ! But the only things that have happend to me are sometimes I have to log out and log in, or wait for a few seconds, or something!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #177

ilychristy is on a distinguished road

that's weird. i never really experienced any "big" glitches.
ilychristy is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #178
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Jthegymnast
I honestly don't understand what everyone always complains about GANZ! But the only things that have happend to me are sometimes I have to log out and log in, or wait for a few seconds, or something!
You are so lucky that your account hasn't been affected by the "Please Wait..." glitch that has been happening to a lot of accounts these past couple of weeks. I am happy my "Please Wait..." glitch is gone on my family's accounts (hopefully for good!). I am sorry that some accounts are still being affected.

I hope you never have the "Please Wait.." glitch. It is horrible!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #179
luvnmygirls is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Jthegymnast
Like I said in my earlier post, if you don't experience these problems then you really can not understand the frustration of it all....I know that for myself, spending $150 on webkinz stuff for the holidays and then for the last 2 weeks unable to play on my account has been extremely frustrating and I am sure you can understand that.

As far as the server issues, someone (sorry that I am being to lazy to go figure out who) said that even if you were placed on one server then you would have to access another to do all of the activities of the sites, I can't see why each server could not have the same randomly programmed games and such on each server....computer gamers that run servers simply upload their design into each server in different locations around the world to accommodate the players in their region..... again, I really do not know enough to say that this is whats going on, but a server box is just a big computer that has programs uploaded on it for players to access....at least that's what I think
luvnmygirls is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #180
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

I agree, there are tons of glitches on WW... and instead of fixing them, ganz seems to think that adding things are going to make people more happy. I'd be just as pleased if they fixed everything..

There are actually more people "complaining" about others "complaining" on this thread.. we have GOOD reason to vent about this kind of thing. If you go on clubpenguin, which probably has about the same amount if not more members there, you don't see glitches! The only time I have ever seen a glitch on there since 2007 was during this year's carnival.. and it was a good glitch. There are very few "good glitches" on webkinz world anymore..

Going into webkinz world...
You press login, you have to wait for about 2 minutes if not longer
About 45% of the time you get the "I am sorry we cannot connect to webkinz world" message
You immediatley get "please wait.." until everything loads, which takes about a minute or more
Then.. the glitches just keep piling up.

So, yes, ganz is not perfect, nobody is, but they could do a better job with their site.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!