Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #151
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by brightfarie
thats not very nice to say. Ganz tries their very hardest, and u cant get mad at someone who tries there hardest can u? Its kind of like ur child getting a C on a test. They say they tried there hardest, so u dont get mad at them, but mayb a little upset.

Plus, if Ganz did put down the site for 1 or 2 weeks, people wouldnt know what was happening thinking its out forever, and theyd lose more sales than ever.

So again, Ganz is trying their hardest and id imangine its very complicated to fix all that. So be more considerate.
I do agree that Ganz tries very hard to fix a lot of things wrong with the website. Some things they fix very quickly (2 days for the charm forest glitch where some accounts were able to search the charm forest over and over and over again).

But, some things take longer. Over a week and a half to "fix" some accounts/servers that were not letting people do much of anything on their accounts because things weren't loading properly (or loading at all in some cases). This may also still be going on for some accounts (all of my accounts seem okay now; but it doesn't mean that everyone's accounts are okay).

But, there are also some areas that have been "broken" for about 6 months (maybe more). The charm forest has not been awarding all of the prizes for all accounts (some prizes not awarded when you enter charm codes in at the code shop, other prizes not awarded when you find virtual charms in the charm forest). Ganz has had to know about the problem for a long time now (they have received a lot of customer service calls and complaints); but since the "multiple search glitch" happened (for some accounts) where some accounts were given multiple searches in a row at the charm forest, Webkinz customer service has not been awarding the prizes that were not awarded automatically (like they should have been awarded). They have been blaming the "multiple search glitch" even though it is well known that all of the prizes weren't being awarded even before the "multiple search glitch", due to programming errors. I don't know of anyone who has actually been awarded their charm forest tiara within the past 6 months or more without having to call customer service; and now since the "multiple search glitch", customer service has held off on awarding the tiaras, even if you found your last virtual charm (that should have awarded you the tiara) before or after the "multiple search glitch". Customer service is/was under the misconception that the tiaras will actually be awarded automatically after they fix the "multiple search glitch". Well, they fixed the "multiple search glitch" and I found my last virtual charm on one of my accounts yesterday and I was not awarded the charm forest tiara. I was also not awarded one of my other prizes the day before the "multiple search glitch" started. Note that none of my accounts had the "multiple search glitch" and one of the accounts actually didn't let me search at all (it said I had to wait over a million hours to search again). I have yet to hear back from Webkinz/Ganz customer service about my prize that was not awarded before the "multiple search glitch" happened (I only received the automated reply that they received my message and will get back to me).


So even though Ganz/Webkinz does address some issues in a timely manner, there are other issues which they chose to either ignore or put on a low priority because they are spending more time on other features or new features. A lot of the members are upset because Ganz/Webkinz puts items on the back burner (like the charm forest not awarding prizes) and makes things like "my page" a higher priority. In my opinion, the charm forest should have been fixed a long time ago, way before they started adding new features to "my page" (or perhaps even before they added "my page" at all). There are other priorities that other members think they have mixed up also!

I think a lot of members want them to fix the "old" things that are not working before they add any more "new" things.

I do have to also say, that this Christmas WW was not bad like last Christmas. Even though I had to "wait in line" for my accounts to load at certain times during the day, once my account(s) loaded I didn't have much trouble getting areas within WW to load. I am not sure if other accounts had problems or not; mine seemed okay. So Ganz/Webkinz has improved in a lot of areas. I am happy for that.

I have to say, since we are all having a "spirited" discussion, I am not "mad" at anyone, or even at Ganz/Webkinz. I do get frustrated at times, especially since I wasn't awarded my charm forest tiara. I do not look forward to having to contact customer service again, since now they do not seem to be awarding the tiaras to anyone since the "multiple search glitch". I am sure that sometime in the future I will receive my tiara. I just don't like to have to wait until Webkinz/Ganz gets all their ducks in a row.






Last edited by SnowCrystal; 12-26-2008 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: typo - changed "now" to "not"
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #152
World's largest
Webkinz :)
 
Tj03's Avatar
Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

I think that it is possible to be sypmathetic to both parties. Yes I feel terribly for the people that are continuing to have problems. Ye I also feel for Ganz. NO ONE here (unless they work for Ganz) know what they are working on, how they are trying to fix it or how hard they are working. I think it is unfair to say that they are lazy, or are ignoring the problems, because the reality is no on e can see the inner workings of the company.
Tj03 is offline
Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #153
Webkinz :)
 
J Isabelle's Avatar
J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by WAMBO
Thanks Jeanette. I did this 2 or 3 yrs ago. It was a 3.4 GHz Prescott core on a mobo that was good then, but dated by today's standards. There's just no sense upgrading since everything runs very fast. The vid card, an ATI x800 Pro was an 8X AGP which was $400 back then. But I don't even game on it.
What speed of RAM are you using and what is the fastest RAM that your motherboard is able to support?

View Post Originally Posted by WAMBO
Besides, my Mac Pro Tower is even newer and pretty speedy with RAID 0. ALso, I'm actuallu an MD, and just do it as a hobby when bored.
I'm not all that knowledgeable on Apple computers. How many drives are in your RAID?

It's interesting that you mention that you are a MD. I play an EMT in role plays which require that I do research for accuracy. Being certified in American Heart Association CPR, first aid and AED helps.

Jeanette Isabelle
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #154
Webkinz :)
luvnmygirls is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

I don't know how many true techy peeps are on this site, but if there are, is it possible its simply a one server issue?

What I mean is we have 3 accounts...on the main (mine) we are forever having loading and please wait issues...its also our oldest account opened in May of 08. I have taken the advice of others and completely cleared my dock in Webkinz, cleared my cache on my comp and a number of other computer related clean ups.

After doing that, we started our other 2 accounts-- just this week-- and they run fantastic--on the same computer that my main account is on that I am still having loading issues.

So it stands to reason (to me which could be completely wrong ) there are 2 possibilities that would be causing this to happen....

1) the server that I happened to sign up to is going bad and my other accounts are on a different server which has no problems....hence the reason sooo many people are at odds here on this forum because some of us get it and some do not-- sorry guys, those of you who do not have this problem simply can not understand the frustration that goes along with this, but I know you are trying.

2) the account I am having problems has too many items with all its pets and such for the server to load with any amount of efficiency (my husbands idea)...but if this is the reason it is simply wrong-- the point of Ganz is to try to get us to buy as much as we can to continue this site and make a profit, it should be safe to say that this problem would have been thought of years ago by Ganz.

I am not a very technical person, so if anyone that actually knows what is involved with those huge servers, I would love any imput
luvnmygirls is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #155
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by Tj03
I think that it is possible to be sypmathetic to both parties. Yes I feel terribly for the people that are continuing to have problems. Ye I also feel for Ganz. NO ONE here (unless they work for Ganz) know what they are working on, how they are trying to fix it or how hard they are working. I think it is unfair to say that they are lazy, or are ignoring the problems, because the reality is no on e can see the inner workings of the company.
It is true that we can't see "inside" the company exactly (unless we are working for them). But, we can see the outcome of their decisions. We can see a lot of new things being added without the old things being fixed. Coming from a computer background, I can tell you that it would take a lot less effort to fix some of the things that don't work than it would take to launch a new area of WW. Also, the charm forest used to be awarding prizes accurately before; and when they found out that the tiara was being awarded when the 8th virtual charm row was complete (even if you hadn't found the rest of the virtual charms) then they changed the programming. My first account was affected by this. I received my tiara on that account "early" when the dining table and chairs were awarded. But, other than that little "glitch", I was awarded all of the other prizes. They don't even have to write "new" programming for the charm forest. They could revert to the old programming where the tiara is awarded with the table and chairs (even if it is awarded early). That wouldn't take long at all do to. Then at least everyone would have their prizes without having to contact customer service.



---------- SnowCrystal added 13 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by luvnmygirls
I don't know how many true techy peeps are on this site, but if there are, is it possible its simply a one server issue?

What I mean is we have 3 accounts...on the main (mine) we are forever having loading and please wait issues...its also our oldest account opened in May of 08. I have taken the advice of others and completely cleared my dock in Webkinz, cleared my cache on my comp and a number of other computer related clean ups.

After doing that, we started our other 2 accounts-- just this week-- and they run fantastic--on the same computer that my main account is on that I am still having loading issues.

So it stands to reason (to me which could be completely wrong ) there are 2 possibilities that would be causing this to happen....

1) the server that I happened to sign up to is going bad and my other accounts are on a different server which has no problems....hence the reason sooo many people are at odds here on this forum because some of us get it and some do not-- sorry guys, those of you who do not have this problem simply can not understand the frustration that goes along with this, but I know you are trying.

2) the account I am having problems has too many items with all its pets and such for the server to load with any amount of efficiency (my husbands idea)...but if this is the reason it is simply wrong-- the point of Ganz is to try to get us to buy as much as we can to continue this site and make a profit, it should be safe to say that this problem would have been thought of years ago by Ganz.

I am not a very technical person, so if anyone that actually knows what is involved with those huge servers, I would love any imput
Exactly! But it is more than a 1-server issue. These past 2 weeks it has been like a virus that has been leaping from one server to another. I have 11 WW accounts that I take care of for my family. All of them have been affected these past couple of weeks except for the 2 Asian time zone accounts. The accounts have not been affected all at the same time. Some days 1 account (most of the days), other days 5 accounts, other days 6 accounts, and even another few days 3 of the older accounts that weren't affected before. I have a very large account (over 125 pets, over 100 rooms, hundreds of items in my dock) and some days it was affected, and other days the smaller accounts were affected (but not my large account). Luckily, these past few days, all of my family's accounts seem okay when I try to access them.

The problem could be as simple as resetting some variables so that a database is accessed quicker. It could also be a hardware malfunction. There are may things that it might be. It is very hard to say what exactly is wrong when we don't know how they have their programming set up. It is very obvious that files/servers aren't being accessed in a timely manner when all you get is "Please Wait...".

Last edited by SnowCrystal; 12-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #156
Webkinz :)
 
J Isabelle's Avatar
J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by luvnmygirls
1) the server that I happened to sign up to is going bad and my other accounts are on a different server which has no problems....hence the reason sooo many people are at odds here on this forum because some of us get it and some do not-- sorry guys, those of you who do not have this problem simply can not understand the frustration that goes along with this, but I know you are trying.
It is very unlikely that any given account is assigned to one server only. Here is the reason why, if an account is assigned to a particular server then it would be possible for one server to be overloaded while servers will be sitting there doing nothing.

Say for example that all of the accounts that are currently being used belongs to one particular server. If that server is carrying the load of every single account assigned to that server at the same time, and no other account is being used at that time, then one server is given more work than it can handle while the other servers are sitting doing nothing.

Jeanette Isabelle
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #157
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
It is true that we can't see "inside" the company exactly (unless we are working for them). But, we can see the outcome of their decisions. We can see a lot of new things being added without the old things being fixed. Coming from a computer background, I can tell you that it would take a lot less effort to fix some of the things that don't work than it would take to launch a new area of WW. Also, the charm forest used to be awarding prizes accurately before; and when they found out that the tiara was being awarded when the 8th virtual charm row was complete (even if you hadn't found the rest of the virtual charms) then they changed the programming. My first account was affected by this. I received my tiara on that account "early" when the dining table and chairs were awarded. But, other than that little "glitch", I was awarded all of the other prizes. They don't even have to write "new" programming for the charm forest. They could revert to the old programming where the tiara is awarded with the table and chairs (even if it is awarded early). That wouldn't take long at all do to. Then at least everyone would have their prizes without having to contact customer service.



---------- SnowCrystal added 13 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------



Exactly! But it is more than a 1-server issue. These past 2 weeks it has been like a virus that has been leaping from one server to another. I have 11 WW accounts that I take care of for my family. All of them have been affected these past couple of weeks except for the 2 Asian time zone accounts. The accounts have not been affected all at the same time. Some days 1 account (most of the days), other days 5 accounts, other days 6 accounts, and even another few days 3 of the older accounts that weren't affected before. I have a very large account (over 125 pets, over 100 rooms, hundreds of items in my dock) and some days it was affected, and other days the smaller accounts were affected (but not my large account). Luckily, these past few days, all of my family's accounts seem okay when I try to access them.

The problem could be as simple as resetting some variables so that a database is accessed quicker. It could also be a hardware malfunction. There are may things that it might be. It is very hard to say what exactly is wrong when we don't know how they have their programming set up. It is very obvious that files/servers aren't being accessed in a timely manner when all you get is "Please Wait...".
I see that I am not the only administrator for a family. Of course, I rather enjoy helping the kids win the prizes. Also, we definitely must give Ganz two thumbs up for the content of the Webkinz site, especially when compared to the competition.. I must note, that without the web site, we only have 'Kinz' not Webkinz.
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #158
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
 
Ivie's Avatar
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by brightfarie
thats not very nice to say. Ganz tries their very hardest, and u cant get mad at someone who tries there hardest can u? Its kind of like ur child getting a C on a test. They say they tried there hardest, so u dont get mad at them, but mayb a little upset.

Plus, if Ganz did put down the site for 1 or 2 weeks, people wouldnt know what was happening thinking its out forever, and theyd lose more sales than ever.

So again, Ganz is trying their hardest and id imangine its very complicated to fix all that. So be more considerate.
Yes, they are trying their hardest but at WHAT? Making new things for the site so people buy more? Or actually giving people what they pay for?
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #159
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by J Isabelle
What speed of RAM are you using and what is the fastest RAM that your motherboard is able to support?


I'm not all that knowledgeable on Apple computers. How many drives are in your RAID?

It's interesting that you mention that you are a MD. I play an EMT in role plays which require that I do research for accuracy. Being certified in American Heart Association CPR, first aid and AED helps.

Jeanette Isabelle
The mobo is older, an ABIT ICG-7 I believe, which only supports up to PC3200 dual channel. BUt it 's speed is fine, especially for my needs, and because the Mac runs Vista Ultimate too! I have two identical 250GB WD SATA 3Gb in RAID 0, which was definitely faster than the single stock drive. But I have two more drives [500GB and 750GB] intalled and partitioned for backup, storage and Vista [using Bootcamp and VMware]. I'm a weight lifter a take a long time between sets, so I decided to work on computers during my 3 to 5 minute pause, which adds up over many sets obviously.

---------- WAMBO added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Cool, I got an avatar! How do I look?

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-26-2008 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #160
The hippie writer
Gift Guru
 
Ivie's Avatar
Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Nice avvie! BTW all this technical talk makes my head hurt!
Ivie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts