Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #141
pinkywinky32
Webkinz :)
 
pinkywinky32's Avatar
pinkywinky32 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

I lost my christmas (virtual) present! No more adorible Plush for me!
pinkywinky32 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #142
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

It's not our computer, it's Ganz. We have 3 accounts and 5 computers, two of which I built. Two accounts work fine [on any computer] in fact one account has much more 'stuff'/'items' than the one that keeps getting 'please wait...' hangs up. The computers are Macs, XP and Vista boxes, and use different browsers. So please, stop telling people the wrong advise about their hardware, especially since numerous poeple are affected. If you are not affected, then good for you, but don't criticize those who are experiencing serious problems with thier account. I do have faith in Ganz to fix it, but when this happened to my oldest daughter's account, it took months to fix. This time it's with my youngest daughter's account and she's crying. Please show some respect and sympathy, or at least have the courtrsy to give accurate information. If you state that it's not Ganz's problem, you are quite wrong.
Merry Christmas, and peace to others.
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #143
Gifted
 
cuffy's Avatar
cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Whoah. Did you say GREEN???? I didn't know anything about the reindeer other than the fact that it's nose wasn't red, I just assumed it was brown or black. That in itself would be bad enough since people paid for red, but GREEN??? Who ever heard of a GREEN nosed reindeer. I think that Ganz should DEFINATLEY make up for that mistake, in the "real" world that would be call for "triple damages."
I wonder if enough people got together if they could take it to "The People's Court" or something like that? It seems like a clear case of "Breach of Contract" to me.

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I've only read bits of this thread, but I made the same analogy as KeyLargo about the reindeer's nose....it was sold and advertised red, then changed...you wouldnt put up with that in any other product whether it's tangible or not. If you paid to see a movie and they showed a different one would you not be upset? Not tangible. Still paid for one thing and got another after the fact.
We put alot of money into being able to enjoy webkinz and we should get what we pay for. I dont complain much about the website but changing a product and saying oh well that's not how it was supposed to be is unacceptable. I dont want a refund and will keep my green nosed reindeer, but I'm not happy with the way it's being handled.
cuffy is offline
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #144
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Cuffy, the same applies to web serivces. Ganz advertises that you can play with your Webkinz on line, which is part of your purchase. When it does not work, they are in breech of contract. Customer service is not very good as well, since they are slow to fix these problems. For example, one of my 3 daughters could not log in to the club house while the others could. There was no notice of a beta. In fact, she was able to log in before the clubhouse change, but not for months afterward, although her sisters' newer accounts could. When you advertise that you can do something with a product, and charge for it, then it should work. In fact, you can't even return it when this happens, unlike most any other product. On the otherhand, if someone purchased a green nosed reindeer at the store, they obviously knew what color they were getting. Many stuffed toys have colors that are not true to life or have nonstandard colors, but if you see it, then buy it, it's hard for me to understand why you are mad that you bought a product that you had full disclosure. Now if you logged it in and the on-line service did not work, then you can complain as it was part of the purchase....green nose and all.

---------- WAMBO added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Oh Brownie the green nosed reindeer, had a really gree-een nose.
And if you ever saw it, you know it was green before you bought it.
Ganz then changed all the noses, back to red and made us mad.
But you could not log in Brownie, and it made my daughters sad.
We all went out and got lawyers.
But all of them just laughed.
They didn't care about Brownie.
The courts said it was just our gaff.
Then one foggy Christmas eve.....

---------- WAMBO added 15 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

On attempt #3, it's been 35 minutes on 'please wait...' but the other two accounts [one with more items] log on fine. Feel free to wrongly post that it's the fault of my 3GHz 8 core ac Pro Tower with 4 GB of RAM, or my custom built P4 overclocked to 3.5 GHz, which also has 4 GB of RAM, and both load two other accounts, one with more items, fine. Go ahead, make my day. [I'm just posting more to get to 10 posts as suggested by another member, so just ignore this. The only thing that's not loading on the account is "Get Items From Strage', although the activies load slowly, they are still playable, but we haven't checked the Cubhouse..I'm too afraid my daughter will explode with tears.

---------- WAMBO added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

What's this 'Automerged Doublepost' stuff? I definitely hitpost reply once.

---------- WAMBO added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

There it is again!

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-26-2008 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #145
delusional lover
Webkinz :)
 
camochikk's Avatar
camochikk is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

whoa whoa whoa.............GREEN?!!
camochikk is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #146
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

Bummer, it automerged because the posts were so close together, so I still have two more posts to go...if this one works.

---------- WAMBO added 7 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

I just looked and see that the 3 reindeer Webkinz that we bought each kid for Xmas all have a black nose. The kids love them any way.

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-26-2008 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Old 12-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #147
Webkinz :)
 
brightfarie's Avatar
brightfarie will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

thats not very nice to say. Ganz tries their very hardest, and u cant get mad at someone who tries there hardest can u? Its kind of like ur child getting a C on a test. They say they tried there hardest, so u dont get mad at them, but mayb a little upset.

Plus, if Ganz did put down the site for 1 or 2 weeks, people wouldnt know what was happening thinking its out forever, and theyd lose more sales than ever.

So again, Ganz is trying their hardest and id imangine its very complicated to fix all that. So be more considerate.
brightfarie is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #148
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by WAMBO
Bummer, it automerged because the posts were so close together, so I still have two more posts to go...if this one works.

---------- WAMBO added 7 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

I just looked and see that the 3 reindeer Webkinz that we bought each kid for Xmas all have a black nose. The kids love them any way.
Everyone is talking about the estore minty reindeer (there is an article about it on the front page of Webkinz Insider). When I bought mine at the estore, his nose was red. I wanted to call him Sweet Rudolph. Now I am glad that I didn't adopt him yet because I would have been pretty upset to have a "Rudolph the green-nosed reindeer"! LOL!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #149
Webkinz :)
 
J Isabelle's Avatar
J Isabelle will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by WAMBO
Feel free to wrongly post that it's the fault of my 3GHz 8 core ac Pro Tower with 4 GB of RAM, or my custom built P4 overclocked to 3.5 GHz, which also has 4 GB of RAM, and both load two other accounts, one with more items, fine.
I don't understand. Why would you over clock your Pentium 4 to 3.5 GHz? Once you get past 2 GHz, the cycle to performance ratio drops as the clock cycles reach the speed in which electricity travels through the processor.

For this reason, when I built my computer, I bought the slowest Athlon 64 X2 the store had which was 2.7 GHz. Furthermore, an X4 would not improve the performance for a Windows workstation. It would if I were running Linux. The only way to speed up a computer if the processor is running above 2 GHz is to use faster RAM.

My motherboard supports DDR2 RAM up to 1066 MHz. Currently I'm using 667 MHz DDR2 RAM and if I ever need to increase the speed of my computer, all I have to do is replace the RAM.

One of the cool things about building your own computer is using a custom builder's version of Windows. It's a much leaner system than what you find in an off-the-shelf computer. Off-the-shelf systems are loaded with so much junk it slows down the machine. Another advantage is that is the only way you can still get Windows XP since it is not as much of a resource hog as Vista.

Jeanette Isabelle
J Isabelle is offline Female
Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #150
Webkinz :)
 
WAMBO's Avatar
WAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

View Post Originally Posted by J Isabelle
I don't understand. Why would you over clock your Pentium 4 to 3.5 GHz? Once you get past 2 GHz, the cycle to performance ratio drops as the clock cycles reach the speed in which electricity travels through the processor.

For this reason, when I built my computer, I bought the slowest Athlon 64 X2 the store had which was 2.7 GHz. Furthermore, an X4 would not improve the performance for a Windows workstation. It would if I were running Linux. The only way to speed up a computer if the processor is running above 2 GHz is to use faster RAM.

My motherboard supports DDR2 RAM up to 1066 MHz. Currently I'm using 667 MHz DDR2 RAM and if I ever need to increase the speed of my computer, all I have to do is replace the RAM.

One of the cool things about building your own computer is using a custom builder's version of Windows. It's a much leaner system than what you find in an off-the-shelf computer. Off-the-shelf systems are loaded with so much junk it slows down the machine. Another advantage is that is the only way you can still get Windows XP since it is not as much of a resource hog as Vista.

Jeanette Isabelle
Thanks Jeanette. I did this 2 or 3 yrs ago. It was a 3.4 GHz Prescott core on a mobo that was good then, but dated by today's standards. There's just no sense upgrading since everything runs very fast. The vid card, an ATI x800 Pro was an 8X AGP which was $400 back then. But I don't even game on it. Besides, my Mac Pro Tower is even newer and pretty speedy with RAID 0. ALso, I'm actuallu an MD, and just do it as a hobby when bored.

Cheers.

---------- WAMBO added 12 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by brightfarie
thats not very nice to say. Ganz tries their very hardest, and u cant get mad at someone who tries there hardest can u? Its kind of like ur child getting a C on a test. They say they tried there hardest, so u dont get mad at them, but mayb a little upset.

Plus, if Ganz did put down the site for 1 or 2 weeks, people wouldnt know what was happening thinking its out forever, and theyd lose more sales than ever.

So again, Ganz is trying their hardest and id imangine its very complicated to fix all that. So be more considerate.
I have to disagree. Ganz is making a fortune from these products and I just don't believe that taking months to fix a problem is 'trying their hardest'. I seems that trying their hardest is just a line used to explain why they have not fixed the problems. I'm definitely not angry, but unhappy that one daughter has problems while the other two do not. Also, many of us feel that Ganz should be fixing problems, rather than adding more features, especially when they don't work as advertized. I agree that closing down the site would cause even more unhappiness. I am thankful that the problem account can still access most features. Unfortunately, it's a problem awith a feature that my daughter uses. One other thing. I would be more sympathetic to PEOPLE with problems, rather than a wealthy company seemingly ignoring them. Ganz should be spending more of that gazillion dollar prfit on tech help. Although I will give them that this week is going yield very busy servers, so we need to consider that too. [The other side of the coibn is that if they sold a zillion Webkinz, then they should have the resources to adopt on the web site and play. Remember what happened to the iPhone, then the iPhone 3G? Oh boy were people mad and Apple was highly criticized, appropriately so.]

Last edited by WAMBO; 12-26-2008 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WAMBO is offline Male
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts