Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #121
puppytaker
Webkinz :)

puppytaker1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Wake up Ganz

they r way to full of their selves sience the kids stsrted buying more webkinz
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #122

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
i don't agree with you near the end,your allowed to buy items and virtual items if you havent bought it
yet,like me in my province its almost IMPOSSIBLE to find W cares,but that doesn't mean i cant buy one if i find them
Okay I am not exactly where the confusion began or what I misworded. Because again I am not sure what your are trying to say about the post you are disagreeing with.

The point I originally was trying to make was that Ganz is selling the public 2 things that go hand in hand. We buy a toy or product from Ganz that has a code that gives us access to their Website. Ganz product is equalivant to paying subscription to their website.

The difference between Ganz 'subscription' and other website's subscription is that the price varies. For example if you wanted to subscribe to the New York Times or the Hannah Montana Website's, it is a flat rate for a chosen period of time. But with Ganz a person can spend as little as 6.99 for a year long subscription or a person can spend hundreds and thoundsands of dollars per year for that same 1 year subcription. Now it really doesn't matter who spent what or how much each person spent for their subscription...but those that do have more money spent in ganz prducts are more incline to get very upset about Ganz not maintaining their site and not taking care of the problems. Regardless of how much individuals have spent, we all have a right to a website that runs more smoothly and has considerably less glitches.

And as far as my comment on Ganz codes being their way of luring us to their site, I still feel this way because if they were not trying to get us to their website they would not have the estore (being strictly virtual items) and they would not require an active Webkinz account for the codes that they put in all the other products. I am sure that there are people out there that buy a mouse pad or charms and could care less about the site if they don't have a Webkinz account. But if you notice, the figurines were not selling like hotcakes until they unlocked the new area in the Magical Forest and most people would not fork over the funds to dress or pay for their kids to dress a stuffed animal in multiple outfits if there was not a code...the clothes are not exactly cheap. I could go on but I think I have connected enough real world products to the Exclusive Areas that people can not access unless they have purchased that product.

And as far as the Wcares or any product by ganz, I reread my posts and it is unclear as to why you feel that I felt that you were not allowed to purchase a Ganz item. All I was simply trying to say was that Ganz doesn't really care who buys which product they are selling and all they care about is that people are buying their products. I don't have ornaments anywhere here, but Ganz sells plenty of other items...and people buy them....Ganz cares about the bottom line and the bottom line is 'how much did they sell?' and what do they have to do in order to increase sales. Every company is this way...if they weren't this way they would be out of business.
And I feel that their descision to sell charms in the estore after discontinuing them in the real world is a great example of how they keep their profits up. People can't buy the charms, but they want access so they buy at the Estore..problem solved.

Anyway back to point of the thread...I still maintain that for what alot of us are paying for our subscription/access to the site that we have the right to better service.

Not giving us quality service is like a person buying a great cell phone and the provider of that phone is the same company that runs and owns the towers but they only have 1 tower and people are barely get to use their phones/and or their calls are getting dropped daily.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-24-2008 at 08:23 PM..
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 03:12 AM   #123
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
and if the sweater was real then you could always return it! I do understand what they are upset about and it was only like 2 threads but a lot of people agreed with them! honestly i don't think you know what I'm upset about!
I might just not post on this thread anymore if almost everyone gonna get mad at me!
How would you feel if whenever you voiced your opinion someone got mad at you because they didn't agree?I almost made a vent thread but then people would get mad at me for voicing my opinion again so i didn't!
Its Christmas Eve! Why can't we all get along?
They are offering refunds to some if not all who are dissatisfied with the nose change. Again, even if they people get that {and probably get money minused out as well as adoption gift and whatever else, a total mess to separate at the best of times, which this isn't} that's not their point. They took the time to go to the estore and no matter how long it took at different times {there have been a LOT of issues with the estore lately when going to check out evidently} they took all that time {their personal, free time} to keep trying to buy that pet {reindeer} as they SAW IT THERE. I really don't see what you're upset about, because here you are saying just a couple of posts, so I really don't see what the big deal is. They had their say, sometimes several times even in those threads and where ever, and it's an ongoing {not resolved} problem but most feel better because they had their say about it all.

I also do not see where anyone is getting mad because 1}animals get 'mad', people get angry and 2} {most important one actually} is that no one has said or is acting like they are mad {at you or anyone}. On the internet it is very hard to judge a person's 'tone' because you can't see their face, their expression{s}, their body language in any way. What I see in this thread is people having a lively discussion.

As for if someone really got angry at me every time I said or did something I would do something like I did the one time that really happened. I divorced him. LOL {I would get them out of my life, avoid them, etcetera, in what ever way, basically.}

I saw at least a couple of jokes on here, actually -- one was saying that Ganz has woken up they're just not out of bed yet! LOL Then I quoted to say could I get that on a tshirt {in certain colors and size} LOL Just like on this thread where it was basically said outright that the person thought anyone on the site all day didn't have a life {maybe it was worded wrong or something but that is exactly how it came out} I answered with, someone would be on that site all day WAITING for IT to LOAD! LOL I really don't see where anyone is angry at you or anyone else. A LOT of people are upset and/or disappointed at how the site is being run, how it is running/not running, and the so called glitches which are actually problems {long term and ongoing, snowballing} and how all that is being handled. It's just another example {the nose thing} with the company being the hind end of something. That's what most are saying, and most of them have put a LOT of REAL money in to playing on that site, which they can't do, can't do without multiple/continuing problems with no help at all from the site itself. They are FRUSTRATED, and I can well see why even with the 'little' bit that I have spent myself.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #124
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I'm guessing that what we are experiencing is the fall out from a shift in focus on Ganz's part.

Webkinz was an early pioneer in the "virtual pet" area - they were the first to create a compelling virtural world that linked with real life plushes and for a while had a good business selling pets and accessories.

Every toy like this has a life cycle - from when it is new and few people are playing, then it catches on, then it becomes the hot new thing (that was last Christmas) and eventually it looses its newness as competitors jump on the band wagon and learning from the front runner - create new and innovative products.

Kind of like PacMan and Beanie babies combined

Ganz realizes that the time that they can make huge profits on webkinz is almost over and so they are focusing on a new market - the new Webkinz Jrs - and this time instead of just a website they are branching out into video games and all kinds of things.

We are likely to see more and more problems as more and more of Ganz's resources are shuffled to the new product areas - they won't let WK die - it's still a great source of income - but it's going to be a shrinking part of their profits rather than a growing one.

So - I think Ganz did wake up and decided that the money just isn't in WK and are hoping that it will be in WK jr.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #125
appleloverfreak

applegirl33 is on a distinguished road

I understand!!! But luckily for me, the glitches hve been happening less often. That makes me happy!
applegirl33 is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #126
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I like the way you think Jarrah. That is an all too real possibility. As Ganz begins to focus on other aspects they will probably LEARN as well, how to better manage this site as a primary investment that could fund the other long term goals. It could very well be that WW is a means to an end but not an end to itself.
I like the fact that they are branching out into a field for Junior users. I know, like all Beta projects people have to put up with 'tweaks and glitches' This is nothing new in the field of research and development. We are their 'Test Pilots' and I am happy to be a part of it. I have seen some great advancements here and I am not about to abandon this site for another that 'rides the wave' and creates a site that rode on the backs of Ganz Design team.
There is a wonderful future in store for Ganz if they remember 'people first' while they are reaching for that ultimate goal
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #127
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

yeah, weather we like it or not, webkinz is losing costumers.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #128

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
I'm guessing that what we are experiencing is the fall out from a shift in focus on Ganz's part.

Webkinz was an early pioneer in the "virtual pet" area - they were the first to create a compelling virtural world that linked with real life plushes and for a while had a good business selling pets and accessories.

Every toy like this has a life cycle - from when it is new and few people are playing, then it catches on, then it becomes the hot new thing (that was last Christmas) and eventually it looses its newness as competitors jump on the band wagon and learning from the front runner - create new and innovative products.

Kind of like PacMan and Beanie babies combined

Ganz realizes that the time that they can make huge profits on webkinz is almost over and so they are focusing on a new market - the new Webkinz Jrs - and this time instead of just a website they are branching out into video games and all kinds of things.

We are likely to see more and more problems as more and more of Ganz's resources are shuffled to the new product areas - they won't let WK die - it's still a great source of income - but it's going to be a shrinking part of their profits rather than a growing one.

So - I think Ganz did wake up and decided that the money just isn't in WK and are hoping that it will be in WK jr.

What you are saying makes a great deal of sense. I just hope that despite WW being a shrinking part of their profit that they don't let it go completely downhill.

For some reason I feel that adults will stick with it, even if younger ones drop out, because it is more of a hobby to us and we don't tend to loose interest as quickly and we tend to invest more in our 'hobby'. Having said that I sincerely hope Ganz keeps this in mind as they branch out.

Your post was great by the way!
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #129
megan306795 is an unknown quantity at this point

What really bothers me is that they make so many new ones, it makes it hard to get them all. I'd be okay if there was just 20-30, but they have about 100 of them by now! I'm really not sure if it is 100 yet, but still. You get my picture anyways!
megan306795 is offline Female
Old 12-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #130
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
What you are saying makes a great deal of sense. I just hope that despite WW being a shrinking part of their profit that they don't let it go completely downhill.

For some reason I feel that adults will stick with it, even if younger ones drop out, because it is more of a hobby to us and we don't tend to loose interest as quickly and we tend to invest more in our 'hobby'. Having said that I sincerely hope Ganz keeps this in mind as they branch out.

Your post was great by the way!
Actually Ganz might take a look at working on a few more "adult" things in WKW - I'm thinking of more sophisticated-looking furniture, wall paper, etc. There are probably a ton of us who would enjoy something like a black grand piano, more items to put on tables like lamps, etc. There are a ton of us who play on WKW in order to relax! Yes, that's a real hobby, all right!
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Closed

Tags
eat more apples!, ganz are you listening?, ganz d your job!, ganz get a life, get out of bed ganz!, spore! §, stop complaining!