Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Default Answered: VM, Friend, Contact?

Help.

I’m confused. I tried to find answers to my questions in FAQ, but I”m afraid my knowledge of forums is so minimal that the explanations in FAQ are not basic enough.

What is a VM? I see mention of it in postings, but I couldn’t find it in FAQ.

I read the section on friend and contact, but it doesn’t say what a friend is beyond saying the relationship is two way. What does being a friend entail?

How is being a friend different from exchanging PMs or responding to another’s post or thread?

The FAQ say a contact is a one-way friendship. How can there be a one-way friendship? Isn’t friendship reciprocal?

The FAQ say you might want to list someone as a contact when you don’t want them as a friend. Under what circumstances would you do that and why?

How does one become a contact? What is the purpose of maintaining a list of people you don’t want to correspond with or vice versa? I”m obviously missing something.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by rockermom
HI and Welcome!!!!! to WI!

I am so glad you are here and asked your questions!!

I sent you a VM and a friend request. so you can see what they are like.

a VM is a Visiter Message to your Profile Page. You just click on your username.
anyone can send those to you and you can send one back by clicking on their name!

To send a private message click on their name and click "send a private message "PM". The public can not see those.

To "friend" someone you just click on their name....and over to the right it says "befriend them".

It is not contract made in stone. You just are friends now. You can look over to your friends list and click on them and maybe pop over to their VM and say "hi how are you today?" if you feel like it.

If you do not want to become friends.....you ignore the friend invite...say no.... or delete contact.

There are sooooo many people on WI to become friends with, do not worry about it. You will find someone or many people here that you will become friends with!!!!

Those faqs are confusing......just go with the flow...and enjoy yourself! =)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: VM, Friend, Contact?

HI and Welcome!!!!! to WI!

I am so glad you are here and asked your questions!!

I sent you a VM and a friend request. so you can see what they are like.

a VM is a Visiter Message to your Profile Page. You just click on your username.
anyone can send those to you and you can send one back by clicking on their name!

To send a private message click on their name and click "send a private message "PM". The public can not see those.

To "friend" someone you just click on their name....and over to the right it says "befriend them".

It is not contract made in stone. You just are friends now. You can look over to your friends list and click on them and maybe pop over to their VM and say "hi how are you today?" if you feel like it.

If you do not want to become friends.....you ignore the friend invite...say no.... or delete contact.

There are sooooo many people on WI to become friends with, do not worry about it. You will find someone or many people here that you will become friends with!!!!

Those faqs are confusing......just go with the flow...and enjoy yourself! =)

Last edited by rockermom; 10-19-2009 at 11:27 AM..
rockermom is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #3

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Thanks, Rockermom. I clicked on your name and got to your page. So I see that VMs are visible to everyone and PMs are not. To respond to your VM do I go to your site and do it there? I am still having trouble navigating my own site. I can't figure out how to close PMs or switch from one form to another. I happen on each type by accident and then don't remember what I did! A box did open that said new message, but it didn't say who the recipient would be, and I had other VMs, so I came back here for further instructions.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

You respond to everything from your profile.

you click on MY avatar or name to respond to my VM.

to go to PMs look over where YOUR name is on the right? and see where it says Welcome?

Welcome, rockermom.
PMs: 0 New., Total 20.
WI Bucks: [XXXXX
Subscribed Threads

Well where it says PMs click there and it will bring up your pms. all of them, new and old.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

Since I see that you have gotten your answer you may now close the thread by picking the best answer. To learn how to close threads in the "Somebody Help!" section click on this link------------------------>http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-help-511152/

Good luck
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Hi Bloo's Pal,
I sent you a test Private message so you can test it. Some of the reasons I have used a private message:

Report a problem with one of the features of Webkinz Insider to a moderator.
Make a suggestion to a specific person on some part of WW or WI.
Express sympathy to a member that has had a loss.
Ask for help from a specific person on some part of WW or WI.

I did not see an explanation of the "contact". What are these and where are they stored?

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by xxaeroxx
Since I see that you have gotten your answer you may now close the thread by picking the best answer. To learn how to close threads in the "Somebody Help!" section click on this link------------------------>http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-help-511152/

Good luck
Thanks, but I don't have a complete answer yet. I am still in the dark about contacts. However, your suggestion has brought up another general question. I have already asked a question on a different thread and closed it. On that thread I got several very good answers to different parts of my question, and it was hard to pick one as best. I finally picked one just to close the thread, and I hoped I didn't hurt the feelings of the other very helpful people. Am I correct that the purpose of picking the best is just to close the thread?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
Thanks, but I don't have a complete answer yet. I am still in the dark about contacts. However, your suggestion has brought up another general question. I have already asked a question on a different thread and closed it. On that thread I got several very good answers to different parts of my question, and it was hard to pick one as best. I finally picked one just to close the thread, and I hoped I didn't hurt the feelings of the other very helpful people. Am I correct that the purpose of picking the best is just to close the thread?
Yes and sometimes when you do feel that ONE person didnt answer it themselves and other people answered it piece by piece then you can ask a Mod or Admin to close the thread without picking the best answer.

Good luck

~xxaeroxx
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
You respond to everything from your profile.

you click on MY avatar or name to respond to my VM.

to go to PMs look over where YOUR name is on the right? and see where it says Welcome?

Welcome, rockermom.
PMs: 0 New., Total 20.
WI Bucks: [XXXXX
Subscribed Threads

Well where it says PMs click there and it will bring up your pms. all of them, new and old.
I'm afraid I'm hopeless. When I clicked on your name I didn't get a respond box, I landed on your profile. What did I do wrong?

My welcome is in the left column. It doesn't say PMs, but it does say "Your Notifications" in blue. Is that the right place? Should it say PMs there?

Last edited by Bloo's Pal; 10-19-2009 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 10-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

yes...then on my profile you can VM me. you just type it right there!

How about when you click on MY user name?

does it say View Public Profile?
Send Private Message?
Find More Posts?
Add to Contacts?
Donation Stats?

I'm afraid I'm hopeless. When I clicked on your name I didn't get a respond box, I landed on your profile. What did I do wrong?

This is correct for writing a VM! or you can go up and find "send message" and send a PM.

Last edited by rockermom; 10-19-2009 at 01:58 PM..
Closed