Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
michmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: vista or webkinz

I purchased a new computer 1 week before Christmas. Webkinz worked great. Since Christmas. We (the children and I) get kicked off ALL the time. It will say "please wait..." or I get the green screen and nothing else. The odd thing about it is this...My friend has a minimac and she doesn't deal with this and the school where I work (they have XP) does not have this problem either. Soooo is this Webkinz not recognizing/compatiable with Vista or what. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Since there is no way for me to contact Ganz and ask them personally, this site is my next best thing. The kids and I are getting extremely frustrated. Thank you in advance for your help.:rbt::gor:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Insanely busy
Gift Guru
animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Default Re: vista or webkinz

What you may want to do is contact Microsoft and see if it is a Vista issue. It could also be your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Have you recently switched Internet companies? You may want to contact your ISP to see if there are any troublespots in your area. Are you on DSL, or dial up? Those are some possible reasons for it. From what I hear though, Vista is so different from XP that it considers some of the software made for XP a virus. Weird huh? I will try to help if you have more questions but I admit I know very little about Vista and I am sorry that you and your family are frustrated. BTW, I do not work for Ganz or anything but I do have a degree in Network Engineering.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Webkinz :)
PeytonPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got Vista too. And I get the please wait. But I got that on my old windows too.

Could be your ISP but I really think that it's just WW. Its getting HUGE. Don't think their site can handle all the traffic right now. Cause sometimes I get on just fine, no please wait.

---------- PeytonPenguin added 5 Minutes and 10 Seconds later ----------

It's not a vista problem. Do you have high speed internet? Maybe you could try to upgrade. I actually hated Vista, never wanted it, heard bad things. But actually, its not all that bad. Seems to be the same as the old, but "looks" better. Has more folder option, etc. The ONLY thing I havent been able to do with Vista is download some Yahoo games, they don't work with Vista yet. But oh well, I have WW.

Try getting on at different times. I believe alot has to do with the amount of people on at the same time.

Last edited by PeytonPenguin; 01-21-2008 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
rockinsince96 has a spectacular aura about

i hvae vista and there is no issue!
rockinsince96 is offline Male
Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #5

we have Vista and it works fine.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
JenBear will become famous soon enough

I have vista and I dont have any problems with webkinz at all... and like Peyton Penguin I only have issues with downloading other types of games. maybe send a note to webkinz technical suport and see if they can help you out on this
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
tybec is on a distinguished road

I have vista. I was having problems because vista has window defender (which is a firewall Protecter). I also have McAfee. Those two firewall protectors were having conflicts, so I uninstalled McAfee. Then installed McAfee again except for the McAfee firewall. That fixed my problem...