Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

Exclamation Answered: Viruses. Very Important

*Mods, if you need to move this because it isn't the right section, please move it, I was unsure where to post this, sorry!*

I need to let everyone here know something about viruses. I just encountered a virus scam here on WI.

Have you ever had a small window pop up telling you your computer is infected and needs to be scanned? These are scams, obviously, unless you are absolutely positive that it is YOUR computer telling you that.
Now this is the important part.

The whole time you leave the little virus scam window up, they are looking through your computer and copying data from it. This is why you need to close the window IMMEDIATELY. Do not leave it open and go ask for help, close it.

This was kind of hard to explain, so hopefully I was clear.

Thanks everybody. (:

-Madeleine
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Justin
Not this again!

I'll see what I can do!

ETA: I've gone through and played with the settings, disabling a few campaigns. Hope I hit the right one. Please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Viruses. Very Important

Perfectly clear, thanks for the heads up. I know a few members who have had this happen. Justin works his (__) off to try to keep those things off this site, and he does a great job. One or two slip every now and then.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #3

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

Thank you, CanesFan, I'm glad what I said easy to understand. (:
Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
Fairy589

fairy589 is a jewel in the roughfairy589 is a jewel in the rough

I got that virus today and it wouldn't let me get out of it. I had to shut down my computer. Then I used my own antivirus to scan it.
fairy589 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

thank you pegasusluvr, I didn't know this.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #6

No problem. Glad I could help.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Thanks a bunch Pegasusluvr!!

I wrote a guide on how to avoid and get rid of the virus.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...us-how-603109/

Thanks for posting! Word of this virus should spread as wide as possible
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
luv14webkinz

thank you! actually this happened to me, so i called my dad (he is a computer whiz, his job is actually to fix computers) and he told me to scan the computer. i forgot how, and i left it up for him to come and fix it. when he scanned the computer the weekend before, there was no viruses, and when i did it again, there were, like, 500. i wish i would've known that, because that would've saved my computer. but, i still saved it (thanks to my dad, hahaha) so thanks for helping other members! rep!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #9

Thanks everyone! Glad nobody has been hurt by these viruses.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
barbe is on a distinguished road

I am VERY careful about the places I visit but yesterday while I was on this site, my AVG popped up and said I was being attacked by a virus. I have always trusted this site so just clicked it off. Thanks for letting me know that a virus can even be on this site. SOOOO SAD!!!! I don't understand why some people think it is great fun to destroy/infect our computers. SOOOO SAD!!!!
barbe is offline Female
Closed