Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Call me Mooney! =D
Webkinz :)

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Virus on my Computer?

Good afternoon, everyone.

Several times--recently, and a few weeks ago--my computer has gotten a virus when I was on WI. Sometimes I would be veiwing a friend's profile, other times I was just refreshing the page.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have a feeling it might just be the web browser I'm using (Internet Explorer), but I'm not sure.

Thanks for clicking,

~DL♥
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: WI Giving Me A Virus?

I am not sure.Maybe so,I think Justin gave a warning about something giving your computer Trojan Horse.I know it has happened to a few other people.Is there anyway you can check what site gave you the virus?My software allows me to do that.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
I ♥ iwi

twi-hard girl has disabled reputation

Default Re: Virus on my Computer?

I know that when my computer got a virus, my Firewall allowed me to see what caused it and delete it from my computers already ravaged memory...hope you will be able to do the same! Sorry about the virus!
twi-hard girl is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Yes, I got it from WI but from an "ad" but then I heard not to use IE for a while then, bc they were having problems so I switched to Firefox and hasnt have a problem since. My virus program caught it btw! be sure to have a virus program. avg is a great free one that I use and works (it caught that virus)
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
AtlantaBravesFan

AtlantaBraves has a spectacular aura about

My anti virus has actually stopped an attack twice while I was on WI. It happened when I would hit a link. I really should of noted the link and let the site know about it, but at the time, I was just happy my anti virus caught it & stopped it.

Never have a computer without anti virus protection!
AtlantaBraves is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru

kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

So sorry that happened to you. You should try to install anti-virus (make sure it’s from a trustable site). Also, I would really recommend firefox. They let you know if a site you’re visiting is a suspected virus site. Plus, there is currently hole in IE that can allow people to steal your information. I got spyware 4 times when I used IE. Now with firefox, much better and faster. Hope you get rid of that virus soon.
kinztown194 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
GrannySalty
Gift Guru

GrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all for the warnings.
My computer has been acting up lately.
So now I will go check my firewall and my anti virus programs to see if that is why!
Thanks again and IE is driving me nuts lately!!!
GrannySalty is offline Female
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Ces't la Vie!

bookworm313 is on a distinguished road

i use firefox and havent had any problems- maybe that would work with your computer
bookworm313 is offline Female
Closed