Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #21
Froghop55
Webkinz :)
 
Froghop55's Avatar
Froghop55 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

Okay, my dad is pretty brainy when it comes to computers so I'll try my hand at it.

First, what web browser are you using?

Second, how old is your version of norton? Older versions have holes that allow new viruses to pass.

I don't think I can say much more untill I know the answer to both these.
Froghop55 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
Gifted
 
Webkinzgirly1's Avatar
Webkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

View Post Originally Posted by icebear
I my self have nortan, heres what you do. Go to quick scan and their is a button that says fix and it will fix it.
I sent you a profile message.
View Post Originally Posted by soccertrader
When you press Ctrl Alt Delete, it will open your task manager, I don't know it this will help you but maybe you can go to the processes section of the task manager and if you know the application's name then you can just end the process? It worked once for me when my antivirus was old and didn't catch it. I don't know if this will help you, but good luck getting rid of the virus!
I ended a program called b. That's what the program was called before when I heard the advertiseing after I clicked on the sound controls.
View Post Originally Posted by stbernard07
Normally when you use Norton after it scans it gives you an option to fix the problem, usually something like fix with a green check mark, click that.
There wasn't any fix it just had the name of the virus.
Webkinzgirly1 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
TTG
 
TTG's Avatar
TTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellence
TTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

The tracking cookie is not as harmful as a trojan virusl, you get that often when you go to a website, heck even AOL has tracking cookies, and they do not do much harm to your laptop - most of the time they can be removed with your anti-virus or anti-spyware programs, or by clearing your cookies.

What is the name of the virus that your anti-virus found? I went through something very similar with my laptop. It did the same thing - I heard sounds and music in the background. It is definitely a trojan (and it probably is not the tracking cookie you speak of)

Those pop-ups that say "You have XX viruses, click HERE to remove them" is actually a virus in itself. I learned that clicking the X to exit out, or even clicking "remove virus" actually ACTIVATES the trojan program to start infecting

How I fixed my computer was by downloading a free anti-virus removing program named Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org. You will need to download that in safe mode ("safe mode with networking") and then scan your computer in safe mode too.

When I did that it picked up about 28 viruses and automatically removed it.
Once that was done, I went back and updated the virus program (updated all virus definitions), and did a thorough scan (not the quick scan) - and that removed a few more. I repeated that several times - and it cleaned out and fixed everything...

I hope your computer is fixed soon!

Last edited by TTG; 07-10-2009 at 08:19 PM..
TTG is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #24
Gifted
 
Webkinzgirly1's Avatar
Webkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

View Post Originally Posted by TTGTTG
The tracking cookie is not as harmful as a trojan virusl, you get that often when you go to a website, heck even AOL has tracking cookies, and they do not do much harm to your laptop - most of the time they can be removed with your anti-virus or anti-spyware programs, or by clearing your cookies.

What is the name of the virus that your anti-virus found? I went through something very similar with my laptop. It did the same thing - I heard sounds and music in the background. It is definitely a trojan (and it probably is not the tracking cookie you speak of)

Those pop-ups that say "You have XX viruses, click HERE to remove them" is actually a virus in itself. I learned that clicking the X to exit out, or even clicking "remove virus" actually ACTIVATES the trojan program to start infecting

How I fixed my computer was by downloading a free anti-virus removing program named Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org. You will need to download that in safe mode ("safe mode with networking") and then scan your computer in safe mode too.

When I did that it picked up about 28 viruses and automatically removed it.
Once that was done, I went back and updated the virus program (updated all virus definitions), and did a thorough scan (not the quick scan) - and that removed a few more. I repeated that several times - and it cleaned out and fixed everything...

I hope your computer is fixed soon!
I really don't want to download something incase something else happens so for now I'm going to wait until I see my cousin because he is good with all that technical stuff and I want to get his opinion first. Thank you
Webkinzgirly1 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
TTG
 
TTG's Avatar
TTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellence
TTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellenceTTG is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

No problem. If your cousin is familiar with anti-virus programs, he may know malwarebytes as well. It is pretty popular. I hope everything goes well. Good luck!
TTG is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #26
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru
 
Polarity's Avatar
Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

View Post Originally Posted by TTGTTG
The tracking cookie is not as harmful as a trojan virusl, you get that often when you go to a website, heck even AOL has tracking cookies, and they do not do much harm to your laptop - most of the time they can be removed with your anti-virus or anti-spyware programs, or by clearing your cookies.

What is the name of the virus that your anti-virus found? I went through something very similar with my laptop. It did the same thing - I heard sounds and music in the background. It is definitely a trojan (and it probably is not the tracking cookie you speak of)

Those pop-ups that say "You have XX viruses, click HERE to remove them" is actually a virus in itself. I learned that clicking the X to exit out, or even clicking "remove virus" actually ACTIVATES the trojan program to start infecting

How I fixed my computer was by downloading a free anti-virus removing program named Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org. You will need to download that in safe mode ("safe mode with networking") and then scan your computer in safe mode too.

When I did that it picked up about 28 viruses and automatically removed it.
Once that was done, I went back and updated the virus program (updated all virus definitions), and did a thorough scan (not the quick scan) - and that removed a few more. I repeated that several times - and it cleaned out and fixed everything...

I hope your computer is fixed soon!
This happened to me recently. I was on my mom's computer and something popped up and said I had about 28 viruses, and I clicked on the thing and I learned it was a virus the hard way. I didn't know what she had on her computer, and thought it was her anti-virus popping up and warning me. I went on yahoo questions and answers, but the one that I could use without having to buy anything was that malware one, I do believe. The Spy Dr. just scanned and told me I had something (which I already knew) and then wanted me to buy a fixer for $30.

I was able to remove it, thank goodness! Hope your computer is fixed soon!
Polarity is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #27
Gifted
 
Webkinzgirly1's Avatar
Webkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledgeWebkinzgirly1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Virus Help--Please!

View Post Originally Posted by TTGTTG
No problem. If your cousin is familiar with anti-virus programs, he may know malwarebytes as well. It is pretty popular. I hope everything goes well. Good luck!
Thanks :]
View Post Originally Posted by Polarity
This happened to me recently. I was on my mom's computer and something popped up and said I had about 28 viruses, and I clicked on the thing and I learned it was a virus the hard way. I didn't know what she had on her computer, and thought it was her anti-virus popping up and warning me. I went on yahoo questions and answers, but the one that I could use without having to buy anything was that malware one, I do believe. The Spy Dr. just scanned and told me I had something (which I already knew) and then wanted me to buy a fixer for $30.

I was able to remove it, thank goodness! Hope your computer is fixed soon!
Thanks :]
Webkinzgirly1 is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts