Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
i am a wee
Webkinz :)
pawsitivelycute is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Venting about Stuck Items

I wrote this last week....does this help?
Frustrated with Stuck Objects (SOS)
It's not the end of the world
Sometimes you can "fix" them on your own if you are patient...

Prevention is good
Re-DOT Remove to Dock before On Top
If you want to place an item on top of something (vehicles included), it's best to take it directly from your dock and put it on top of the table, counter, or desk (AKA TCD). IF you have your puzzle sitting on the floor and want to play with it on the table, remove it from your room FIRST. An item is more likely to become a SO if you don't.

Jump up, Jump down, Let’s jump around
If you enter a room and find a SO or stuck object, JUMP to another room via MAP and JUMP back to the room and sometimes the item becomes unstuck. Don't touch the stuck item before you jump in an attempt to fix it.

When you return and find the SO back to normal, I suggest removing it to your dock. You can take the chance and put it back or change location.

The jumping method is similar to log out method. Simply substitute the words LOG OUT instead of JUMP)

If you still have SOS...

Touch and Go--TAG
Remember the TCD still THINKS the items remains on top of it.

If you have ever had difficulty with your garden, trying to attend to the correct patch, especially near corn stalks (totally annoying) it is comparable to this task. It is delicate and not for the inpatient. Sometimes you may want to give up and try again later and that is certainly a great idea. Go play Cash Cow.

If you point your cursor on the TCD while you are in EDIT mode, you carefully touch around the area on top of the TCD taking note if a HIGHLIGHTED SQUARE appears around the SO as you attempt to remove SO. If you see the square on the SO remove! Most times it will be the TCD, but I have been able to remove SOS with this method. Tedious, but it works.

Next we have Hide and Seek or “HAS”
Use bigger items to hide the SO. A hippo tub, room divider, or couch makes great covers/blocks for the SO. Be Creative!

Or you could Put on Top or POT
When an item is stuck, it is virtually imaginary--(hehehe) yes, I know that Webkinz World isn’t “real”, but these items really aren’t there as you can walk through them and even place objects on top of them! And they poof, disappear. Well, not really.

EMAIL GANZ aGain or EGG—really only one email is necessary. I needed the G to finalize with a great word play.
Ganz will respond. They are busy. They left two messages at my home in response to my request and followed up with an email. After I finally was able to talk to them directly, they fixed my SOS. Without GANZ we wouldn’t have Webkinz World, so….sometimes we have to deal with a little frustration.

Avoid multiple items on top of multiple TCD’s in a small area. You are asking for a problem. Jump around. Or work around your SOS.

I wanted to provide a place for members to problem solve SOS. I do not claim to provide the answer to your most difficult SOS, but hopefully, if you recall and Re-DOT it will reduce your SOS. I myself find it to be 99.9 % effective and I can’t even take credit for the method, except for the acronym of course. That would be my idea. Suggestions are welcome.

One last word. Well words. This is the second time I typed this tonight. I lost my first and in my opinion BETTER version due to a time out. Thus I am tired. I learned my lesson. Type on word and pasteJ Regardless, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Sponsored Links