Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
Insanely busy
Gift Guru

animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Default Re: "Used" Code

View Post Originally Posted by mollymonkey2006
I had some kids that I carpool tell me that some a girl in their class was going to stores and copying the codes and going home and has a ton of virtual pets but no plush pets..... So dishonest. I could not believe it!!! The store that I buy my webkinz at had to finally put them behind glass because so many people were stealing the codes to the pets....
I would find out this person's username and tell Ganz about her. One reason why stores have to sell items at a higher cost is to make up for lost profits from people stealing them. It's called shrink.
animegrl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
Mom2KnB is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by believer
i have a spotted frog and the code is coming up as used

tell me what works so i can try
I sent an email to Webkinz and they replied asking me several questions, including a few different numbers off the tag besides the secret code, like the UPC code and one other. I haven't heard back from them as of yet but I think I will call them tomorrow. If I do, I will post my results on this thread later on tomorrow. Good luck with your code too!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #13
Gift Guru

pandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clownpandyma618 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Was the tag secured with 2 whitish plastic pieces? I don't think you can actually get to the code if those are in place. (There should be two, though, not 1). Also, did you double/triple check the code? I misenter codes often, typically by mixing 2 around or putting a B instead of an 8 or vice versa. I hope it all works out for you. I imagine Ganz can look up the code if someone randomly entered it and guessed right, then they can deactivate that account and maybe, crossing my fingers for you here, just maybe they'll do the decent thing and give you a code to enter that will work. Again, best of luck!
pandyma618 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #14
I ♥ Pink
Gifted

kelbel75 has a spectacular aura about

To prevent the "used" code thing from happening to me and my family I only shop for Webkinz at the stores where they keep them behind the counter. I'm sorry to anyone that has purchased a Webkinz or anything that came up as the code already being used. It's just so not fair, but in this world I guess it's a reality that people do in fact steal from our hard working business owners.
kelbel75 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
hat's up?
Banned
Mushroom will become famous soon enough

i have heard some stories about people who like entering random codes. Some one could have eneterd yours!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #16

animallover067 is an unknown quantity at this point

my cousin had the frog and it said it was used to
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #17
Mom2KnB is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by pandyma618
Was the tag secured with 2 whitish plastic pieces? I don't think you can actually get to the code if those are in place. (There should be two, though, not 1). Also, did you double/triple check the code? I misenter codes often, typically by mixing 2 around or putting a B instead of an 8 or vice versa. I hope it all works out for you. I imagine Ganz can look up the code if someone randomly entered it and guessed right, then they can deactivate that account and maybe, crossing my fingers for you here, just maybe they'll do the decent thing and give you a code to enter that will work. Again, best of luck!
Pandyma - yes it was well secured. And it didn't look like it had been tampered with either. I did try the code several times to double check that I was entering it correctly. I'm hoping it will get resolved too. Thanks so much for your help!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
ho knew? I'm a
Gift Guru

rossikinz is on a distinguished road

Post Re: "Used" Code

This happened to us, with the cheeky dog - we bought it at a Hallmark store - when we got it home, I noticed that the side of the plastic tag holder was ripped (the tag with the code was still inside it), so we entered the code and it said it was already used.
I contacted them via email - they sent me an email back (within a week) and asked for a whole list of things - I provided that information to them - a week later, they sent me another email asking for the same thing again - sent it again - 2 weeks later someone called me from customer support - I gave her the information - she actually found the person who stole the code from the tag and suspended their account - and gave us a new code to enter for the dog. The whole process took about a month. The customer support person also told me that this occurs quite a bit with people stealing codes....

Now, I always check the clear plastic tag holders prior to purchasing any webkinz.

Sorry this has happened to you - it is very time consuming and frustrating. Hopefully you can get it resolved soon!
rossikinz is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #19

Carlaz is just really niceCarlaz is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by mollymonkey2006
I had some kids that I carpool tell me that some a girl in their class was going to stores and copying the codes and going home and has a ton of virtual pets but no plush pets..... So dishonest. I could not believe it!!! The store that I buy my webkinz at had to finally put them behind glass because so many people were stealing the codes to the pets....
I can't imagine how she could copy codes down if they were sealed in the plastic case attached to the pet's leg with the blue ribbon?

I wonder if she wasn't fibbing about this to try to impress someone at school?

Mom2knb ~ I'm very sorry this happened to you.

I hope you can get the issue resolved quickly. I would telephone someone at support to speak with a live person rather than depend on email. I'm sure they're over-whelmed with email each day @ Ganz.
Carlaz is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
DAC14

dac14 is on a distinguished road

That happened with my frog. They will replace it, don't worry! They will email you a new code.
dac14 is offline Female
Closed