Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Answered: URGENT ADS POPPING UP ON WI! (Mod and admins viewing, PLEASE READ!!)

You might want to check WI to see if any ads or viruses got in because I had a fake pop up security scan thing pop up and it almost or might have gave/give us a virus

I was on WI when this happened. Plus, i'm having a LOT of ads of opinion mart only pop up on WI. I think a couple of ads and viruses may have slipped into WI. Can you see if you can get rid of them mods/admins?? have you had it pop up members?
889wlry is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by FIA
Webkinz Insider does not have "pop up" or "pop under" advertisements. If you see an advertisement like this while you are viewing Webkinz Insider, please run a virus scan on your system ASAP as this is an indication that you probably have some sort of "malware" on your system.

If you ever see an advertisement on Webkinz Insider that concerns you, please contact a member of the staff so that we can verify whether or not it is coming from Webkinz Insider and, if necessary, take action to remove the ad from the site.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth

Default Re: URGENT ADS POPPING UP ON WI! (Mod and admins viewing, PLEASE READ!!)

I've had those a year ago, but then they fixed it. It was something about a ton of trojan viruses. I haven't got them recently, though
arnold995 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Default Re: URGENT ADS POPPING UP ON WI! (Mod and admins viewing, PLEASE READ!!)

some ads make my computer loading get stuck, and onetime i had a tab of WI open and my computer randomly made a beeping noise. O.o not sure if that was from WI or another tab though..
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Gifted

Midnightstars33 has disabled reputation

Sorry this is happening. I haven't had that pop-up.
Try running an anti-virus program, such as Ad-Aware to check if you have any viruses on your computer.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Thunderpaw! SkyClan!

kittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roostkittycaty rules the roost

I've also noticed a lot of sound adds... They're intrusive and rude.
kittycaty is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

I have no virus. This is WI.
889wlry is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

XP Antivirus is a terrible, terrible TERRIBLE thing, I should know, I lived with if for a week with a stupid security system.
Obviously, don't click on it. I heard that the particular one I faced is on the site (XP Antivirus) So if you get it, you'll know because it will have constant popups telling you your computer is 'infected'
This one is easy to get rid of if your Security was failing miserably. If you can find the file yourself (Firewall should've let you known if there was a file accessing your computer, it should end with .exe) You go on search, type it in, and check the files to see what date they came in from. If they came in the day you got the virus (or around that time) Make a note of the locations, and restart your computer. Usually there are two of the files, so when you delete one the other one copies itself to make sure you still have the virus. ()

On the starting screen press F8 and choose to go into Safe mode. Then you'll be able to delete the files permanently so they can't do anything.
Go back into regular mode. This should stop the popups for a bit, and while it's doing that open up your security software to scan the files they were in, the recycle bin and if they pop up again.
If should dissapear of it's own accord in a few days. when the security finds in. Meanwhile don't click on the popups or the fake security symbol.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #8

The Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glitters
The Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glitters

View Post Originally Posted by 889wlry
I have no virus. This is WI.
So? I got a virus that destroyed my family's desktop from one of WW's rogue ads a few years back. Viruses are everywhere. I'd run a anti-virus scan anyway.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
lol

warriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonder

Yesterday i was strolling through some threads, i clicked on the join the club! Thread and boom! All of a sudden there was pop ups everywere saying the trojin horse things of whatever, anr i didnt get a chance to read all of them because i was scared! I quickly closed the tab and when on wbkinz, well now i am on and everything seems fine! For now atleast,,
Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #10
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

If that anti-virus window comes up, I was told by a computer repair guy to hold down the power button on the computer until your computer shuts down completely. He said that just clicking on the control-alt-delete buttons and starting task manager to close the window won't get rid of it completely from your computer.
Don't click on anything on your screen if you see that pop-up.
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pvz rocks