Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
mommakitty3
Webkinz :)

mommakitty has a spectacular aura about

Angry Unanswered: unable to open dock

I had Deluxe for 2 years, I have an Adventure Park pet, I do almost all of the stuff on the news site and play almost every day (including log-out games), plus I have a large garden. I also have 2 zumbuddies, 15 figures, 3 old charms, 3 new charms, and 3 hamsters. So ... I now have over 5000 items in my dock and I can't get it to open!
I have a large house, about 75 rooms, with 3 storage rooms. The other rooms have dressers and fridges all filled with stuff! I just bought 9 more rooms so I could put some of my stuff in them, but I can't open my DOCK!! I have almost 120,000 KC too. I want to open my dock so I can do the challenges also.
I have cleared my cache and deleted the webkinz cookie. This did not work. I tried 2 different browsers, neither worked. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: unable to open dock

I had this issue as well, however I did not have as many items as you do.
I was able to get my dock to 'open' by dragging a bunch of my items into my rooms.
You may want to contact Ganz, since you have a lot of items and that would take a while.
In case you need it, here is their contact information:
Contact Ganz - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I hope you're able to get at your items soon!
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

Like Cheesy said, contact GANZ. Are you just not getting your storage to open, or will the whole dock not load? If you can see the beginning items of your dock, like before you click Open Storage, try ridding your dock of as many items as you can that way.
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I would try not opening the dock, but emptying what you can, logging out, then emptying again, etc. to get the item numbers down.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

This happens to my friend's account as she has more than 3,000 items in her dock. It will try to open, but eventually Flash Player always crashes, no matter what browser she uses.
My advice also would be to call Ganz and have them open it for you while you are on the phone if they are able.
1 866 WEBKINZ
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

I have a very fast new laptop and I can't use FF to open my dock, which has over 4,000 things in it.
I have to use IE.
I get the pop up window saying a script has caused something............
I answer no and wait, don't press anything until you see the cursor turns to the little hand like when you hover it over the dock menu.
Make sure you don't have any other windows open causing the computer to go slow.
You may also want to try a disc cleanup on your computer.
If all else fails can you try a library computer?
I have heard if you contact Ganz and they clean out your dock then you don't have any control with what they remove
I hope you will be able to get it open.
Are you trying from the newspaper to open the dock.
I think the map location will slow the computer down.
Have you tried to go to the wshop from the newspaper and see if it will ever pop open your dock.
You could also try kinzpost and see if that will pop it open?
I really hope any of this helps.
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Here are a couple of tricks that have worked for me:

use safari
clear cache/cookies
then log into WW
try opening dock, should work

I have also tried the kinzpost way too.
use safari
clear cache/cookes
head on over to kinzpost, send click package
and it might work

the trick is to clear them cookies/cache PRIOR to logging in, good luck
~signed
a fellow large dock owner
Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #8

WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade
WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade

WI Subscriber

I had over 5400 items in my dock and yesterday started having trouble opening it using IE.

I followed aug's method and said NO when asked if I want to abort the script that is causing my program to run slow.

Before yesterday, it worked fine, but like I said before, starting yesterday, it wouldn't work at all. I also could not get my any room to load (I was going to try the empty my dock, log out, empty my dock, log out trick...but I couldn't even get in to ANY room!).

Anyway, after clearing cache and rebooting, it worked fine on IE (still had to say NO to the abort script question). And as soon as I got in...I bought four rooms and unloaded some stuff...now down to 4800...but still better than where I was.

Good luck!
WebkinzMomma2 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #9

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

In addition to the above suggestions, try unloading the dock at a non-busy time, rather than late afternoon/evening. I often have trouble at busy times, but am okay at quieter times. And once you do get it open, start selling and storing things like crazy. If it's a crop food, cheap w-shop item, duplicate or triplicate item, sell it! Be a bit ruthless with your cluttered dock. (By the way, I'm speaking from experience, but I thought 2000 items was a bit too much. I'm not sure how I would handle 5000!) I hope you manage to figure it out.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 02-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #10
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

We recently lowered one dock from 8,000 to 2000. 3,000 of it was crops that we never sold during the
recent activities. We also set up storage rooms with 80-85 units in each (blue bookcase for clothes, sale fridge for food, cooler for non-fridgeable items) or items on tables on rugs (items we still need to set up or
move to another acct). When dock didn't load we did what was visible. Did this over 3 days. Mostly used
ie and safari.

Good luck.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Closed