Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Live,Love,Laugh
Webkinz :)

gamesareks is an unparalleled talent
gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

Default Answered: Troubles with WI recipe cookbook

So I usually use the WI recipe cookbook for cooking in WW and lately I have been really frustrated with it. The ingredients button is half buried under the ad box next to it. When I click on a button like stovetop recipes or blender recipes I get one or two recipes pop up but there is no scroll bar to move the page up or down. Is it just me or is anyone else having troubles with the WI cookbook? If it is not just me does anyone know when it will be fixed? Thank you.
gamesareks is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by FIA
Internet Explorer is a VERY picky browser. It is quite common for people using IE to have problems when people using other browsers don't notice anything unusual.

If you take a picture of what you're seeing, Justin might be able to go back into the programming to make things "IE-friendly", but there's no guarantee. IE is very difficult to work with.

OR, you could just use another browser. I removed IE from my computer last year because I have no use for it. I prefer to use Google Chrome, which is a free download. Fire Fox, another free download, works great too.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Troubles with WI recipe cookbook

It looks fine to me. What browser are you using? Internet Explorer?
FIA is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Live,Love,Laugh

gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

Yes I am using IE 7 does that make a difference?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Fever32

CardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond reputeCardnlFanCarly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, I know nothing about that.
CardnlFanCarly is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Internet Explorer is a VERY picky browser. It is quite common for people using IE to have problems when people using other browsers don't notice anything unusual.

If you take a picture of what you're seeing, Justin might be able to go back into the programming to make things "IE-friendly", but there's no guarantee. IE is very difficult to work with.

OR, you could just use another browser. I removed IE from my computer last year because I have no use for it. I prefer to use Google Chrome, which is a free download. Fire Fox, another free download, works great too.
FIA is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
Live,Love,Laugh

Okay I was told by a Ganz CS rep that WW works best with IE 7 because I had IE 8 and was having troubles so they recommended that I downgrade to 7. I guess no one is compatiable with just one. Who knows which one is the best one to use for all thing? I am not that computer smart. I will go get pics of what I see. BRB.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

i am having no problems.............that is frustrating

I am interested in what you are seeing. I use Firefox
rockermom is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Yes, I have the same layout to the page. Luckily, the printable versions still work perfectly.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/infoce...rint.php?app=0
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/infoce...rint.php?app=1
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/infoce...rint.php?app=2
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/infoce...rint.php?app=3
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/infoce...rint.php?app=4

It is only an issue with Internet Explorer. I think that all versions have the same problems, but I don't know for sure. I also use IE 7 instead of IE 8 because I had issues with the latter a while ago.
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
Live,Love,Laugh

Okay here is the first image. Take notice that the ingredient button is hiden halfway under the ad box on the other side (circled in black)

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is the image I get when I click on the all stovetop recipes button. Take notice that there is no scrollbar on the right handside of the box.

Click the image to open in full size.

I get the same thing when I click on the blender and sandwich maker buttons as well.

Last edited by gamesareks; 06-28-2010 at 11:08 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #10
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

Yeah, like Dixiecup said. Thats why I use Google Chrome. Internet Explorer crashed on me almost EVERY day until I decided it was worth it to just use Firefox. Then I discovered Google Chrome....it works magic! If you can, try using another browser. Also, clear your cache, cookies, search history, anything that might be slowing it down. Good Luck!
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Closed