Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
I love being
Gifted

Angel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to all

Default Unanswered: Trouble with WI GEV link--SOLVED

I am having trouble accessing the WI GEV link. Every time I click on the link above (Webkinz information center), it times out or I get an error message saying Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have dial up. Anyone else having the same trouble?

I tried the link from my husband's work office this evening with a broadband connection and there was no problem.

Any other suggestions for how I can make it work for dial up? I live in the country, my connection speed is normally 21000bps or 26400bps. Every once and a while if I'm lucky, it may be 36000bps.

Somebody help!

Editing to mark as solved. Here is what I learned. I switched my options to view threads as 'Threaded display mode'. I also turned of signatures and avatars to cut down on the amount of graphic display.

Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot.

.......now...if only I could get high speed internet out in the middle of the boonies

Last edited by Angel Mom; 12-05-2008 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: SOLVED
Angel Mom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Trouble with WI GEV link

Will it work if you click here?
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t141017.html
And I'm not experiencing it .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 12-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Gifted
Irish Blues will become famous soon enough

I use Firefox and have the thread bookmarked. Do you have other apps running - maybe multiple tabs? IE handles it better than it used to, but at times it can still get buggy if you try to load a couple of graphic-intensive or really long pages on different tabs.
Irish Blues is offline Male
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
I love being
Gifted

Angel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to allAngel Mom is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
Will it work if you click here?
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-t141017.html
And I'm not experiencing it .
That is the link I've been trying to access all day. I get a blue page, the WI banner across the top, then it freezes on me

I've never had this problem before today.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
Toph is a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Angel Mom
That is the link I've been trying to access all day. I get a blue page, the WI banner across the top, then it freezes on me

I've never had this problem before today.
Odd! I think I can link you to the posts individually, that should help you for awhile until it updates . Will that help?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
I love being
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
I use Firefox and have the thread bookmarked. Do you have other apps running - maybe multiple tabs? IE handles it better than it used to, but at times it can still get buggy if you try to load a couple of graphic-intensive or really long pages on different tabs.
I tried Firefox earlier today and it also timed out on me. It actually gave me an error message stating the website I was trying to access timed out.

I usually have two tabs going on IE. One for Webkinz World and one for WI. When I started having trouble pulling up that link, I closed out WW and just ran the WI link. I even edited my preference settings to remove sigs and avatars. Still timed out.

I wonder if it will work better if I try viewing my threads in a different mode other than linear.......hmmmmmm
Old 12-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #7
Gifted
Irish Blues will become famous soon enough

Try a hard refresh [CTRL+F5], see if that does it. If that doesn't work, it might be something in your temporary saved files; a reboot should take care of it.

If you're on a network and someone else is hooked in to the Internet and running something that eats up a lot of bandwidth [downloading/watching/listening to video/music], it'll cause your computer to drag as well.
Irish Blues is offline Male
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
Toph is a
Gift Guru

Hmm... Can you get to here? Its a link to only the first post
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...01&postcount=1
Old 12-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
I love being
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
Odd! I think I can link you to the posts individually, that should help you for awhile until it updates . Will that help?
Yey! Ok....I got it to work. I switched to Threaded display mode and have sigs and avatars turned off. That seems to be less to load and it did not time out on me. I just need to figure out how to use threaded mode now.

Thanks for your help trouble-shooting this with me.

---------- Angel Mom added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Try a hard refresh [CTRL+F5], see if that does it. If that doesn't work, it might be something in your temporary saved files; a reboot should take care of it.

If you're on a network and someone else is hooked in to the Internet and running something that eats up a lot of bandwidth [downloading/watching/listening to video/music], it'll cause your computer to drag as well.
I got it to pull up finally. I had to turn off sigs and avatars and switch to 'Threaded display mode'. I have painfullly slow dial up. I think it helped to minimize what the page had to display.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by Angel Mom; 12-03-2008 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed