Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Trouble w/WI emoticons (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/trouble-w-webkinz-insider-emoticons-732660/)

nicki1202-14-2012 03:30 PM

Trouble w/WI emoticons

I am unable to use emoticons when I post a "quick reply" or a visitor message here on WI.
This has been happening for a few days now. I checked and I have not disabled them either.

Is it only me or is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions anyone? I miss my smiley faces!

jasonaldeanmg02-14-2012 03:31 PM

Re: Trouble w/WI emoticons

:o

I am not having that problem. Try logging out and logging back in.

nicki1202-14-2012 03:37 PM

Thanks. I tried that.

It says "HTTP 404 NOT FOUND" - when I click on the smiley face that usually brings up the emoticon choices.

Desty02-14-2012 03:42 PM

I've been having that problem too for a few days. I have to go to the 'Go Advanced' option to get the smilies.

nicki1202-14-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desty (Post 26043590)
I've been having that problem too for a few days. I have to go to the 'Go Advanced' option to get the smilies.

Yep, me too. And for visitor messages I can't access any. :(

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one w/this problem. Now I don't feel so alone. :nod::bye:

Quack Quack02-14-2012 06:59 PM

no, but i don't doubt it since wi has been having issues lately
try using this link until it gets fixed... like keep it in your signature or something? X
i usually don't even need to go to the list because i memorized them; maybe you could try to keep note of what codes = smileys? [like : ) = :) or : (= :( : bee : = :bee: etc]

Ritzcracker02-15-2012 02:33 AM

I think I've had that problem for several weeks; when I try to put in a smiley, it just gives a code, not the actual smiley.

Desty02-15-2012 09:51 AM

I'm also having problems this morning with slowness here on WI and with the Go Advanced response on profile pages. I keep getting error messages and have to X out and come back. Frustrating! :/

SunnyLove22202-15-2012 06:52 PM

I'm no having these troubles (though I must ay, I've been seeing a lot of glitches here on WI lately!)
I'm sure it's a glitch and everything will be fixed soon. For now, try to keep an idea of the smiley codes. Some people tend to use smilies that aren't graphics, like xD ;~; and =)
You could try using those until it's fixed.
Have you tried disabling the smilies, and then enabling them again?

Hope I helped a little!

donpiplup02-15-2012 07:50 PM

This is happening to me too! I think WI is having a few issues. My suggestion would be to use the typing for the smilies. Like... If you want a ;D do ; then D/ If you want a :2funny: do :2funny then :
That was a abd explanation but that's what I do because of this issue. I hope it starts working for you or they fix it soon!