Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
meresis is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Trouble seeing entire screen on my new netbook!

I am hoping one of you kind folks can save me hours on hold with tech support! I have a new netbook computer and when I access my account on its tiny little screen I can only see the top half window due to the fixed window size. If I change my screen resolution I can see the whole page if I scroll around some, but a)it is strange to use b) it makes everyting else REALLY small and c) it reverts to the standard size everytime I turn the computer off. Is there some other setting I can change? Am I missing something? HELP! Thanks!
meresis is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #2

Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!Doggyfan is not just visiting!

Default Re: Trouble seeing entire screen on my new netbook!

I just got a 7" computer and don't like it because I bought it mainly to play webkinz when I take the kids to the pool this summer. There was another post awhile back but they said to view webkinz you hit the tab key and it will move up or down the page as the arrows won't move it. They also said about the screen resolution like you did. So no help in a permanent solution but I found the tab suggestion really helpful. I'll keep looking at this post to see if someone else can help us, smile.
Doggyfan is offline Female
Old 03-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #3

Thanks Doggyfan...thats helps a lot! If there were only a 1/2 tab I would be in business! Please let me know if you find any other tricks!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I believe that you have to go to "control panel" and then change the screen's resolution
Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
The Emperor
Banned
treknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clown

the other thing to try to see more of the screen would be to put your web brouser into full screen mode when playing Webkinz, to do this just press "F11" and it will switch to full screen and press "F11" again to exit full screen, I have found Fire Fox works best with this but IE or any other Web Brouser will work as well.

I hope this helps.
treknx01 is offline Male
Old 03-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #6

Thanks for another good tip treknx01 - Have you tried Chrome or Safari? I wonder if that would give any other options...

I knew you guys could help!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
The Emperor
Banned
treknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clowntreknx01 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by meresis
Thanks for another good tip treknx01 - Have you tried Chrome or Safari? I wonder if that would give any other options...

I knew you guys could help!
Sorry I haven't tried safari as yet (happy with Firefox) and as for Chrome I am boycotting that one as Google installed it without permission on my computer (with another program I wanted) and in my opinion that puts it in the same basket as a virus, But I am sure both of these options would have a simalar option even if the command to use it isant the same.

Also if full screen dosn't fix the problem you may be able to zoom out most programs have an option for this but I haven't tested it with WW.

Last edited by treknx01; 03-23-2009 at 11:58 PM..
treknx01 is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

i would suggets trying your resolution. i cant play webkinz on my laptop because its only 1000 to 600 when webkinz neede 1000 to 724 :p
good luck!
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #9

Twilightly is on a distinguished road

Don't know what you are running (Vista?) If you go to the control panel and find the keyboard setup you may be able to make shortcut keys yourself to move things around. Not for sure but I think you can make hot keys to do something about moving around the screen, you make certain keys act like your mouse.
Twilightly is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
House Of Night :)

2pixi has a spectacular aura about

When your on your main screen with all your icons, right click somewhere where the icons are not. Then at the bottom of the list that pops up, you should see Persoalize. Clickon it, and there should be something called Display settings. Click that, and select 1024 by 768. That should solve your problem!

Hope this helps!

2pixi
2pixi is offline Female
Closed