Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
Gifted

Myrmaid73 will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Trouble with new account

I don't think this is neccessarily anything anyone here can help with, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else:

I gave my nephew his first Webkinz over the weekend. He was at my house, so we went on my computer to set up his account. We weren't able to print out the initial page with name and password because I don't have that computer hooked up to a printer, but we double-checked the info and wrote everything down. He got in and was playing on WW just fine, but I send him a friend request and he never got it, so I told him to log out and log back in to see if he would get it then.

When he tried to log back in, WW said it didn't recognize his account information!

I gave my SIL the phone number for Ganz so she can call today and get everything straightened out (hopefully), but I'm still not sure why it couldn't find his info after he was able to log in the first time.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Myrmaid73 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Default Re: Trouble with new account

It hasn't happened to me but if you call Ganz and you still have the tag you'll get it back. Good luck!
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

When I first opened accounts for my two girls we did not print out the infos because our printer was out of ink, so we just wrote the infos down just like you did. They were working fine in the beginning but when they tried to logg back in later one of their accounts did not let her log on. We got the same message as your nephew did. We tried to contact Ganz by email but never heard back from them. My daughter was getting so jelous because my other daughter's account was working fine so I ended up buying another Webkinz and opened another account for her. Now I regret that, though. I should have pushed GANZ more to work on it. I mean, I think we waisted our money on this. If you still have the original tag code, I would recommend you to call GANZ and have them reactivate the account for you. Good luck!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Did it say that it didn't recognize him or that the password was incorrect? If you try it again, write down the exact message that pops up. It will make it easier for Ganz customer service to help you.

If you got a password error, you can check that you are using capitalization correctly. The password is "case sensitive" (i.e. uppercase or lowercase letters). It doesn't matter if you use the CAPS LOCK key or the SHIFT key to make them uppercase, as long as you capitalize exactly as you originally set up the password. If your password has numbers in it, it doesn't matter if you type them using the number pad or the regular keyboard numerals.

The User Name field is not case sensitive. Here you can scramble upper- and lower-case letters regardless of how you originally registered. Spelling, however, is very important. I have seen a few situations where a user misspelled the user name while setting up the account. If that happens, you must continue to use that same misspelling for the duration of that account. I don't know if Ganz can change that for you. Unfortunately, you were not able to print your certificates. If there was a misspelling, you might not have noticed it when writing it down.

These are a few hints to troubleshoot the problem on your own while you are waiting for Ganz to fix it. Maybe you'll figure it out before then. Good luck!

Last edited by Arbee; 11-17-2008 at 10:16 AM..
Arbee is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Gifted

Myrmaid73 will become famous soon enough

Arbee, it said it did not recognize the account or something similar. I will tell my SIL to try to log in again though and write down what it says so she knows exactly what to tell Ganz when she calls them (if she has not already done so). We do still have the tag with the code, so hopefully whatever happened, they will be able to fix it.

Tokyo Rose, I'm sorry that happened to your daughter! My nephew was upset that they couldn't get back in, but they had to leave to go home anyway, so that made it a little better. After they got home, since they couldn't play online, they made a real life house for the plush Golden Retriever (the one I got him) and that kept him happy.

Thanks to you both for your help and hopefully Ganz will help us resolve this.
Myrmaid73 is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I just wanted to add that I have only had to contact Ganz twice, but both of those times they have been more than helpful and resolved my problem promptly. I think if you call with your tag number, they will be able to help you get the account sorted out.

Please post an update, and good luck!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

You could try to see if it was a password error. If you go to the LOG ON screen, and down to FORGOT MY PASSWORD you can type in your pet's code again and reset the password.

Next time you don't have a printer try print screen. It's usually at the top of your keyboard and it's a button called PrtScn

You computer will copy everything visible on your computer screen. Then open up Paint (under Start > Programs >Accessories

Hit control and v at the same time. Control looks like Ctrl and is usually under the Shift key. V, well, it's the letter V (the combo means to paste)

Now Paint should have your screen on it. Just save the Paint file and then you can reference it whenever you need to.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

since you set up the account on YOUR computer, there will be "cookies" on your computer for Ganz already.

I'd have your SIL check to see if they have cookies blocked, and/or to add the WW site to their allowed list. It is possible that they have their system set up differently than yours, and without the cookies, cannot recognize the account information properly.

Just a thought...
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Closed