Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
nannypuppy
Webkinz :)

Starmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond repute

Default Unanswered: Trading on Webkinz Insider...

Can someone please explain this to me?

The trading forums on Webkinz News won't load, there are barely any people in the Kinz Chat plus trading room and there are no other active Webkinz with trading...

I just want to find people with the items I'm looking for and work out a trade before meeting them in the trading room, the trading room is to laggy to spend lots of time looking for people with the items you need and most of the people there aren't even there to trade.
Starmytes is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Trading on Webkinz Insider...

Our search function is on the fritz, but did you look around for existing threads before you posted? This sticky in WI Rules & Suggestions has all the official info on WI's GE.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/

As you can see from the 2nd and 3rd posts, the program is no longer accepting new applications and hasn't been for over a year. If you're interested in reading previous discussions about the closing, see the following threads:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ifting-797362/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ainees-792745/

If you have any further questions, just ask.
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Starmytes
Can someone please explain this to me?

The trading forums on Webkinz News won't load, there are barely any people in the Kinz Chat plus trading room and there are no other active Webkinz with trading...

I just want to find people with the items I'm looking for and work out a trade before meeting them in the trading room, the trading room is to laggy to spend lots of time looking for people with the items you need and most of the people there aren't even there to trade.
It's unfortunate but the program is closed.
The gift exchange required you to go through a training program where you learn how to do use the gift exchange properly, due to lack of member interest and the gift coaches were busy too. And unfortunately it is permanently closed. This is sad because it was a huge part of WI in the past. The people in the GE and gift coaches were truly amazing people. It took a lot of work for them to run that training program.
And personality I can tell you that the GE is almost completely dead and people almost never trade in it anymore, of course if we could get new traders in there than maybe it could become active again.
And I would hope this would be considered in the future. If they could come up with a new process to enter the GE that would be great.
But unfortunately as this time applications are closed. I was one of the last trainees to get through and the GE community is wonderful, but like I said it is pretty inactive now.

I am sorry we cannot help you but hopefully you will understand this.
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

As others have said above, the GE is permanently closed and it won't be opened probably ever again. Definitely sad but things like this happen. Like Mattyboo1 said hopefully they'll reconsider things in the future and hopefully reopen it and accept people again . Right now, the trading room in the clubhouse is your best bet and only option at the moment. I know it is upsetting but not much we can do. Good luck!
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 08-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

Try the trading forum on WKN and see if you can find someone to trade there. I wouldn't do it outside of the trading room, though. Relying on someone to KP you something is risky.
marnabear is online now Female
Old 08-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
nannypuppy

Starmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond reputeStarmytes has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm that's strange I don't really see the reason for having training to trade and give people gifts... especially on a site like this where everyone seems really nice and "Webkinzy".

I'm an administrator on a website that deals with trades and sales all the time and we rarely get any scamming issues (thankfully). The risk of having your account ban for stealing and making someone sad really isn't worth it to a lot of people.

On a busy Webkinz site like this it feels necessary to some sort of trading discussion, especially when there is a trading value guide! There just needs to be a specific thread where trading discussion occurs and some rules set to keep everyone safe.

Example:
1. Only conduct trades in the Webkinz trading room, trades through the Kinzpost are not allowed here for safely reasons.
2. Trading for codes, Webkinz plushies and selling Webkinz items is not allowed here, virtual trading items only.
3. Do not scam people, if you're found scamming you'll be ban from these forums and your username will be added to the blacklist.
4. Be nice to one another!

Something like this? If there is an easy way to contact the mods / admins on the site this could work perfectly. There are plenty of good members here to look after each other as well!
Starmytes is offline Female
Old 08-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #7
gifted9
Gifted

gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!
gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!gifted9 is a def. WINNER!

I'm glad you're showing interest & initiative, but your proposal comes from a limited point of view. The GE has been officially closed since mid-2014 and has been in decline for far longer -- suggestions to revive the GE or modify the rules have been suggested over and over again, some of them many years before you joined the website. There are a plethora of suggestions even in the two threads I linked.

You can contact staff at any time by red flagging a post or PMing any one of them, as detailed in the sticky at the top of this forum. Your idea would probably be more suitable as a new thread in WI Rules & Suggestions, though.
gifted9 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2015, 02:47 AM   #8

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

Yes, you've got some very good points. Unfortunately this place has pretty much been deserted by the owners or anyone else that could make such changes. The GE I always felt was unfair, very elitist, and really not necessary. The rules you suggested I think would be just fine also.

But no one is left here besides some moderating of the very old outdated rules.
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #9
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!
robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!robertcleveland is the best-est!

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
Yes, you've got some very good points. Unfortunately this place has pretty much been deserted by the owners or anyone else that could make such changes. The GE I always felt was unfair, very elitist, and really not necessary. The rules you suggested I think would be just fine also.

But no one is left here besides some moderating of the very old outdated rules.
I must disagree, The GE was not elitist, nor unfair, you would not know that having never being gifted, I agree it's unfair the GTE has been closed, but as far as Elitist goes you are totally wrong, every gifted member I ever dealt with was nice and,polite.

I know I had to study hard, and test to pass , every gifted member earned their status, and worked hard to keep it, some worked hard enough to attain Guru status .

I agree something needs to be done.

All of the Hard work by all of the Gift coaches, Gurus and Gifted , should not go to waste.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 08-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #10

Lettykinz defies all odds
Lettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all oddsLettykinz defies all odds

I do like your ideas Starmytes, maybe things will change. Discussing a deal here, then going to the formal trading area in WW sounds safe enough. I never went through the training here, but as an admin on another site years ago I was able to trade. The problem was that in our group we all had just about the same stuff since we had been playing for about the same length of time and we didn't end up doing a great deal of trading. I also started going to school and got way to busy to be an admin or do any trading. When I had the time and went back the site had been taken down, sadly. The person who started it was amazing and had some great people on his staff (other than me - because of my schedule I ended up letting Pat down and have always felt bad about that). Maybe someone can make it so we can at least converse on here as long as the trading is done correctly through the WW trading room.
Closed