Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
pumpkinkitty is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Trading Scam or Glitch??

I am not sure if this has been brought up before or not but I was trading in the trading room recently and I am not sure if this is a glitch or if it is somehting that only a few people kow how to do to rip you off. Anyways...I was trading and then when we both had item in the widows that we both liked we would click trade but when I looked in my dock the items had switched.

For example if I was offering a unicorn bed they had a lab bed. We both agreed it was a good trade so we hit the trade button. The other person got my bed and somehow the lab bed got switched for blueberries. Both of the correct items were in the window when the trade buttons were pushed and the items were still there when it asked to trade or cancel the second time. So somewhere from the time we both agree to the final trade and to where the items appear in my dock it gets switched. Instead of a fair trade of a bed for a bed. They get the bed and all I got is blueberries.

I am asking about this because it has happened more than onece and always when I have good items up for trade so I am thinking it is not so much a glitch as a cheat perhaps. Any ideas or info would be helpful. I know it can be risky in the trading room so I am not really complaining because I enjoy trading I just want to know if anyone is aware of how this is done and how it could be stopped if it is actually cheating.

Thanks everyone.
pumpkinkitty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Default Re: Trading Scam or Glitch??

This is a common thing in the clubhouse, unfortunately... scammers have "timing" down pack, and get that switch in RIGHT before you click your trade button.
Its one of the major reasons a lot of WI members don't use the clubhouse trading rooms and join the giftz exchange program here in WI. I'm sorry you have to experience this little scam first hand
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Sweet!!! Im a
Gift Trainee

tyler195 is a jewel in the roughtyler195 is a jewel in the rough

It has never happened to me sounds like a scam... You should stop trading there and get 50 good posts so you can be a Gift trainee (If you don'tunderstnd that stuff, PM me and ill send you a link ) I HAVE been told "Log out and log back in and the items will be in yur dock" and they were.

Also, so you know if something is a good trade, go to the GEV to see the values... That wasn't the best trade ever.

Last edited by tyler195; 02-20-2009 at 04:06 PM..
tyler195 is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru

kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

it's more of a scam. Sometimes, the person switch it so fast that when you both clicked trade, the server was slow and did not update the picture of the items switched. This happens sometimes when you don't click the trade button. The picture of the items is there but there is no smiley rating under it. Unfortunately, it is a common thing in the clubhouse
kinztown194 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

It's hopefully a glitch, but I'm afraid Mama Girl NH is right... it's probably a scam. The Gift Exchangeis the best way, and you can trust me on that.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #6

flowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to behold

it is a scam they hit a bunch of keys and switch out the items even though it says lab bed sorry that happened to you
p.s. wi doesn't know the key code but are trying to figure it out
flowerfan12 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Nick loves me AND my
nick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of light

Oh... I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope if it's a glitch it'll be fixed soon....
nick*is*so*cute is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #8

Immie is on a distinguished road

First let me say how sorry I am that this happened to you. I am glad though that you posted it here so now we all know that this can happen to anyone of us. I will make sure my kids also know that this can happen.
I have traded in the trading room before but I am always a bit scared. Now I know not to do it if this is what people are doing. Thank you for letting us know and again I am sorry that happened to you.

Warm Regards,
Immie
Immie is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #9

lnd1st is on a distinguished road

Yes it is a scam. I have been scammed twice this way.

I don't let my kids to trade at all.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I got scammed this way once and hesitate to trade anymore. I thought I was trading for donut seeds and ended up with a poster. When I feel I have the time to do a good job, I am going to apply to be gifted here. I think it's safer.

I have suggested to Ganz that they do something to prevent this from happening, but no luck. I am an adult and it was just disappointing, but I hate to think of children being cheated this way.
marnabear is offline Female
Closed