Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

*Krys* is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Trading help?

I'm brand new to the forum and I'm interested in trading some of my adoption exclusive items.

There seem to be a lot of different areas on this forum and I'm not sure where to go to make a trade offer. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
*Krys* is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
weatherkari~~karik95
Gifted

karik is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Trading help?

You need to apply to be gifted to trade. You first need to have 50 good helpful posts, and have been a member for 2 weeks. Then you submit your application here -http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/webkinzinsider-official-gift-t219641.html
A mod will review your posts, and if you qualify, will become a gift trainee. You will learn how to trade and then will progress to being gifted and can trade.

---------- karik added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

Oops, link didn't work - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

Last edited by karik; 06-24-2008 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
karik is offline Female
Old 06-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #3

iSmile will become famous soon enough

Firstly, welcome to Webkinz Insider! This is a great community and I'm sure you'll love it here!
Secondly, to trade on this forum, you must be gifted. Go to this link: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html, read all the rules and post your agreement. But before you do so, you have to have atleast 50 non-fluff posts and be a member on here for a minimum of two weeks. Once a mod has gone over your posts, they will decide whether or not you can become gifted.
I hope this helped :]
iSmile is offline Female
Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

What is the Gift Exchange?
The Gift Exchange is WI's safe trading area. We have a number of rules in place to keep this area safe for trading and to prevent scamming. Trading outside of the Gift Exchange is not allowed on WI!!

Where is the Gift Exchange?
As a protected area, the Gift Exchange must be unlocked, so people who don't have the required number of posts and haven't agreed to the rules cannot see the Gift Exchange.

How do I get in to the Gift Exchange?
Please read the rules and post your agreement as a response once you are done reading them. All members that are new to the Gifting process will be named Gift Trainees and placed in the Gifted Training Section before proceeding to the regular Gift Exchange.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #5

*Krys* is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for the help!

That seems like a very long process to trade items. And I don't have an especially large amount of free time to post and reply on the forum. 50 posts in two weeks might be out of my league. There's no way I could simply post which items I have and which items I'm looking for, then trade through a moderator of some type or meet in the clubhouse to make the swap? ??? I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. All I know is that my cousin has items she thinks are "ugly" that she wants to trade for things that are "pretty". lol And that selling them in the shop will only get 500cash, but trading them would possibly get her more (which is important, since we limit playing time).

I've read the link you suggested and understand that it is important for trades to be controlled to avoid scamming (I do participate in a forum/application similar to webkinz and know how bothersome unfair trades can be) but it seems like much more work than I can handle. I intended to use this forum to have fun and trade items, but this seems too complicated and drawn out for my purposes.

If I decide to stick around (at this point, I think I might just sell the items lol), where do I go to provide helpful posts to others? Since I'm new, I don't believe I'd be very helpful.
*Krys* is offline Female
Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #6

cjb1996 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to WI! You have to be gifted so go to rules on the WI forum and click on it. When you get there click on WI Gift Exchange then read the rules and apply to the gift exchange
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

I know it sounds a bit overwhelming and time consuming to go through the process to become gifted here on WI. But it is worth it. I am a Mom to 4 kids who are all very busy with travel sports and school. I didn't think I would be able to finish the gifted training. But it happens easier and faster than you may think. You trade at your own pace, just post in your training thread something like, " I check my posts at 8 am and at 8 pm." Then keep a notebook of the posts, offers, time, date, username, whether they sent, and whether you sent/recieved feedback. Since I was so busy, it helped me see quickly what was going on with my ge thread. I keep a room with all of the items I am willing to trade so they are easy to find. The trading here on WI is as secure as you can come by, trades are reviewed by a moderator, and you can easily see who has done a lot of trades. And 50 helpful posts are not that hard, just look over the "help!" section every time you log in to WI, and help people with their webkinz questions. Good luck!
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #8

cjb1996 is on a distinguished road

you don't have to do fifty posts in two weeks you have to be a member for two weeks before you can apply
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

Agh! I just went back and saw you might sell the items, DON"T DO IT! The w shop hardly gives you anything for your items. Some things trade really well on WI. Especially the adoption items. And I am sure you know something that would help out another WI member. Handy on the computer? Answer how to post a pic of a screen shot. Have the collie ossily plant and realized how to make it grow? (It has a glitch, has to be dug up to make it grow) Then answer that question. Even if someone has posted before you how to do something, try to answer in a more simplified way, so youngsters, and computer challanged people like me, can understand.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 06-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
ntaspnkasu

ntaspnkasu is on a distinguished road

Technically, you can go to the trade rooms on the kinz chat and try your luck there. I've used it and it's hit and miss (if you can even get in). The way it's set up here seems very safe and you'll know what the values are and such ahead of time.
ntaspnkasu is offline Female
Closed