Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #11
Call me master monke
Webkinz :)

pinkice is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Trading?

Can someone answer my question please?
pinkice is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
hee! I'm a
Gift Guru

Bananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Unicornz
Is there a place where I can trade items with other members?? ???
~Unicornz
Hi there Unicornz!

Gingerly has created a great thread for suggesting what type of thread posts might count as your "50 non-fluff" posts on your journey to become a Gift Trainee, which you can apply for after you've met the minimum requirements. Here is a link to her post:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t327735.html

---------- Bananagoil added 9 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2MsKitty
How long does it take the average person to become a gift trainee? And how long after you are a Gift Trainee does it take to move futher up? I have been a member here for a while, and I still have not reached the first level yet.
Mom2MsKitty,

It really varies as to how long. Some people join WI and right away start welcoming new people, learning their way around and sharing what they've learned with folks that have questions or sharing "how to's" that they already know which make everyone's experience a little more fun on here. Others (like me) keep poking around, taking their time & learning the in's and outs of what makes up WI and what's available (hang outs, chatting, tutorials, game hints, rare alerts and much more). I didn't get brave enough to apply for Gift Trainee status for quite awhile. And then I didn't get my act together for another while until my ultra-cool coach prodded me and asked if I were going to do this or not? (Not in those words - she's much MUCH nicer than that, LOL!).
Once you are a Gift Trainee there is a minimum of 2-4 weeks usually that you spend in the Gift Trainee trading section (no one can see it except the coaches and the trainees). Some folks spend longer if their coach feels that the trainee just doesn't quite have the polish and could use a bit more training/trading experience before moving on. Some move through pretty fast - they obviously know the rules, check with their coaches on any situations that might skirt the "line" and just exhibit nice, lovely manners toward other traders. (Love those kind!).
As for you - it looks as if you might just need to build up your posts by taking a look around, offering advice and helping out when someone has a question Good luck - I'm sure I'll see you around the GE soon!

Last edited by Bananagoil; 08-31-2008 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Don't mess with us
Webkinz :)

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

Smile Re: Trading?

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2MsKitty
How long does it take the average person to become a gift trainee? And how long after you are a Gift Trainee does it take to move futher up? I have been a member here for a while, and I still have not reached the first level yet.
They acccept you if you meet the requiremets or they have a opening.
It takes about 2-6 weeks to move up.
View Post Originally Posted by pinkice
When they accept you as a gift trainee do you have to meet your coach online at certain times or what? How does that work? How are you "trained"?
They train you through PMs.Then you make your TGE.Your GC does your first Trade with you.
[quote=pinkice;10247442]Does that anser your Questions?LOLquote]
oon23 is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #14
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

The Gift Exchange. You haven't read the rules..?
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 08-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #15
hee! I'm a
Gift Guru

Bananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by pinkice
When they accept you as a gift trainee do you have to meet your coach online at certain times or what? How does that work? How are you "trained"?
You know Pinkice - I wondered EXACTLY some of the same things before I became a trainee!
When you are accepted as a Trainee you'll receive an email from your Coach with their directions on what to do next & how to build your trading thread. There are a couple of tests, also, that you'll take through your time in the Training GE - mainly to show that you know your stuff or you know how to find the information you'll need.
Your coach will guide you through the process and through your first trade and monitor your trades as you begin trading with the other trainees. You'll spend a minimum of 2-4 weeks (this is a minimum - some do stay longer. If your coach isn't available there is a coaches forum you can ask a question at which seems to be manned around the clock by "coaches who never sleep" (go to BED! You know who you are!). Or, just grab a coach in passing - all of them are very, very helpful and were always willing to help me anytime. Keep in mind that they do all this on top of very full personal lives, too, which is why you'll rarely find a coach with more than a little bitty trading thread or trade activity - they do NOT have the time on top of everything else!
As for certain times - you communicate mostly via PM with your coach or on your trading thread if they pop up there so your coach will answer you back when they get a chance. My coach almost always answered in a timespan of minutes to the next morning. It was never a problem I'm hoping I answered most of your questions?

---------- Bananagoil added 5 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

To become a Gift Trainee and/or to read the requirements (and also OTHER helpful facts about WI), see the FAQs at the top of this page to the left. It has the Trading FAQs and also information about the differing symbols you see on peoples profiles, etc. Here is a link, also:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

Last edited by Bananagoil; 08-31-2008 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
FireClan

It is called the Gift Exchange (GE). You need to have 50 good non-fluff posts, and you have to be a member for over 2 weeks. You can apply in the WI Rules and Suggestions Forum, there is a thread that says 'WI Gift Exchange Application' or something like that, and it's up at the top. Read through that, and post saying you agree to the rules, and saying you have 50 good posts and have been a member for 2 weeks. If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me.
Closed