Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
00steve is a jewel in the rough00steve is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: traded 1 item for 2 but only got one :(

yesterday in the trade room on webkinz I traded a really good item for 2 pretty good items but when I was finished the trade I noticed I only got one item

I wonder what happened?

I think they must have took the item down at the last second and for some reason I still saw the item as being there.

has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

Also, one day I trade for a wshop item because I thought it was a pet item, because someone put up a pet item and then they just put up a regular item over top of the pet item and it still showed as being a pet item. I noticed this happens for rare items or holiday or anything that tells you the item is valuable. If someone puts an item up and then another item over top of it, it will often glitch out and show the new item they put is rare or holiday etc...

ever have that happen?
00steve is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #2

Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence
Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: traded 1 item for 2 but only got one :(

Hmmmm....
I've never personally have this happen before, so I'm not exactly sure. But your computer seems to be running slowly to bring up new things. I've heard that how many items you have in your dock can effect the running speed of Webkinz, especially since your doing things with your "dock" and items. How many items do you have? I have around 700 and it still runs okay for me, but if you have allot you may want to try to clear some things into rooms or somewhere else and see if that helps.

Another thing you might want to try is switching internet browsers or clearing your cache.
Also, if you enjoy trading you may want to seek out becoming a gift trainee

Have a great day,
Fuzythekoala
Fuzythekoala is offline Male
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber

I did have that happen to me once in the TR.... 2 items were put up and showed, but I got only one. Afterward, I could kind of replay it in my mind how they deliberately misled me. It's sad there are those who are unhappy enough in themselves that they cheat others.
vanberk is offline Female
Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Laughs often

Naturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glitters
Naturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glittersNaturelover is all that glitters

I do not like to say it, however I believe you were cheated. I am so sorry It has happened to us, only once though . That is why it is such a joy to run across nice, honest people. Those are the ones that keep me coming back.

I also have notice items not stating the right discription when you switch them out. I have only noticed on my items, it usually goes away after a few seconds. I am not sure what is going on there.
Naturelover is offline Female
Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
!

meeshelyse is a forum hero
meeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum heromeeshelyse is a forum hero

Actually, I've had this happen to me in reverse before! So don't always assume you're being cheated!!

Just the other day I was trading some food, we both put up three items, but after the trade I realized one of my items I thought I traded was back in my dock. I frantically searched through it to make sure I didn't accidentally trade something else, but everything was there. I have no idea why it happened, but it just goes to show, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about the other person when it happens to you!
meeshelyse is offline Female
Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I had this happen the very first time I tried a trade in the trading room. The person took back the item I really wanted and all I got was a poster. It may have been just due to my experience but I think I was cheated and it left me with a bad feeling for the trading room.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 02-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

sometimes something like that happens to me, we finish a trade, but all the items i traded was still in my dock, and ive gotten nothing new, as if the trade never happened, but everything shows up when i logged out and back in, and the items i traded were gone, as they should be

here is something helpful to read, because there is a scam similar to that

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
You really need to check to see if there are Smiley/Frowny Faces under your items before you Trade! Sometimes if there aren't any Smiley Faces and/or Frowny Faces under your items... the item might not REALLY BE THERE! You need to be very careful before you click "Trade" and be sure that you are actually trading for REAL items!
from this thread
A Guide to Scammers in the Trading Room in Webkinz World - How to tell if someone is a Scammer and What to do if you find One

Last edited by wenjun; 02-13-2012 at 07:46 PM..
wenjun is offline Female
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
00steve is a jewel in the rough00steve is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Fuzythekoala
Hmmmm....
I've never personally have this happen before, so I'm not exactly sure. But your computer seems to be running slowly to bring up new things. I've heard that how many items you have in your dock can effect the running speed of Webkinz, especially since your doing things with your "dock" and items. How many items do you have? I have around 700 and it still runs okay for me, but if you have allot you may want to try to clear some things into rooms or somewhere else and see if that helps.

Another thing you might want to try is switching internet browsers or clearing your cache.
Also, if you enjoy trading you may want to seek out becoming a gift trainee

Have a great day,
Fuzythekoala
Thanks for the help. Maybe I have to many items in my dock. I think I have nearly 3000. It just seems to be too many to put them all in rooms. I also have another account with 1500 items that I have been trying to transfer over slowly but surely lol.

I do love to trade, that has always been what has attracted me to webkinz. I did the trades on here a couple years ago but now I nbeed to get back into it when I have posted a little more stuff. But eventually I hope I can get in on the great action here again

Thanks for your tips, I will try them out

View Post Originally Posted by vanberk
I did have that happen to me once in the TR.... 2 items were put up and showed, but I got only one. Afterward, I could kind of replay it in my mind how they deliberately misled me. It's sad there are those who are unhappy enough in themselves that they cheat others.
yeah that is sad when people feel the need to do stuff like that. I try to make good honest fair trades and I sure wish everyone would do the same. I see people do it a lot with switching items to make them seem like valued items. I even heard of someone talking about it today in the trade room calling it switched and bait. It seems there is people doing these tricks often, it just isnt fair!

View Post Originally Posted by Naturelover
I do not like to say it, however I believe you were cheated. I am so sorry It has happened to us, only once though . That is why it is such a joy to run across nice, honest people. Those are the ones that keep me coming back.

I also have notice items not stating the right discription when you switch them out. I have only noticed on my items, it usually goes away after a few seconds. I am not sure what is going on there.
yeah it seems I got cheated. I find when people switch an item it seems to keep the status of the previous item until you move your mouse off the photo and move it back on again.... does that make sense?

For me it hasd been a little hard lately because I have just returned from after about 2 years not playing, so there is so many items I keep getting tricked.

I think I am just going to wait and keep my good items unbtill I can become gifted on this site again

have a nice day!

View Post Originally Posted by meeshelyse
Actually, I've had this happen to me in reverse before! So don't always assume you're being cheated!!

Just the other day I was trading some food, we both put up three items, but after the trade I realized one of my items I thought I traded was back in my dock. I frantically searched through it to make sure I didn't accidentally trade something else, but everything was there. I have no idea why it happened, but it just goes to show, you shouldn't jump to conclusions about the other person when it happens to you!
wow, thanks for the comments, I didnt think of it being reversed and being an accident, I just thought it was people trying to cheat me.

I guess some time honest mistakes can happen, however it sure does seem like there is a lot of people trying to trick people in the trade room. You really need to know what you are doing or you might regret it.

thanks for the advice, have a nice day

View Post Originally Posted by wenjun
sometimes something like that happens to me, we finish a trade, but all the items i traded was still in my dock, and ive gotten nothing new, as if the trade never happened, but everything shows up when i logged out and back in, and the items i traded were gone, as they should be

here is something helpful to read, because there is a scam similar to that

from this thread
A Guide to Scammers in the Trading Room in Webkinz World - How to tell if someone is a Scammer and What to do if you find One
wow! thanks for the help, I am going to check that guide out for sure!!!!

I have traded so much in the trade room over the years, and I have seen a lot of scammers unfortunately. I guess it boils down to knowing what is going on most of the time so perhaps it is not always a scam, but in some cases there is definitely people trying to basically steal from people

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I had this happen the very first time I tried a trade in the trading room. The person took back the item I really wanted and all I got was a poster. It may have been just due to my experience but I think I was cheated and it left me with a bad feeling for the trading room.
it really does leave a bad feeling. I am an adult, but I still feel like someone is basically trying to take candy from a baby. for all they know I am a child and they are trying to give an unfair trade and take advantage of a kid. such a shame people would go so low to do things like that.

Last edited by 00steve; 02-13-2012 at 10:59 PM..
00steve is offline Male
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #9

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I haven't been to the trading room in a while, but one thing I remember is that you need to make sure that you can see the green smiley face on each item before you hit "ready to trade". If you think something may have been switched out, cancel the trade, then hit "ready to trade" again. If something was switched, you should be able to tell.

Some people probably have figured out how to cheat people this way, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of it happens quite unintended. I know that there have been times when I was switching items rapidly to find something the other person wanted, and suddenly the person hit "ready to trade" when there was only one item in it, or not that great of an item. I've always wondered if the other person saw items that I'd taken out again. So be willing to give the other person a break - it may have just been a slow computer connection.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed