Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #11
lorib64
Gift Guru

lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds
lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds

Default Re: Trade Room Computer Question

I'm sorry that happened. I had someone try to switch items on me once. They replaced it with something similar looking, but I noticed the difference. I know that's different then what happened to you. I don't know how they were able to remove the trophy. (The trophies are tradeable).
lorib64 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru

kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

so sorry that happened to you. The server was probably lagging and probably, you didn't catch that the person switched it really fast and the server didn't load that he/she took it out. This happened to me once when i traded my POTM for sea otter bed, eagle couch, holiday sweater. server was lagging and the otter bed wasn't there in my dock
kinztown194 is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #13
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
Well, maybe this was answered above.. (little too early to read it all, lol)

But sometimes the servers pick up lag, and you might notice it outside the trading table too... your pet may not do their action or say their text right away. Might take a while to catch up. Same thing goes on the Trading table...
If the room is slow, which usually it is, lol... Then all it takes is someone changing things very fast. The picture of the item you THINK you are trading for hasn't had the chance to "catch up" after the fast switching someone did.
I've actually waited a bit, and seen the pictures start flashing! That is the time to leave the table. Who knows what is actually up there..
This happened to my sister once. She called my house and told me she just traded a pet item for a wshop fridge...

---------- kellyschrvr added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

So it isn't like they are taking the item out AFTER you both click ready to trade.... I've been assure by a rep that that can't be done... The pictures just haven't updated because of the lag in the server..
They were talking about that and I would have considered it due to the slowness of the site {but not me, at that time, because I was paying very close attention} but I know I didn't have to push the trade button to start it to trade where I would have if they'd switched {because it would have put it back that step}. My friend was literally at my side looking over my shoulder because he'd been asking about different things in my dock so he saw it and I asked him what all he did see during that few minutes at the end. He saw what I did so now I'm really curious as to what newest 'glitch' is going on if they didn't find a way to switch item and not restart that button and all.

The rep sounds confused as to the issue because the item was up for at least 5 minutes and I was looking at it of course and it was showing just fine right up until the trade ended so I don't see how even a lag could keep a picture up AND not have to restart the trade where it shows someone has to accept or whatever {the beginning part}. I think I'm more confused and more curious after all the feedback. LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 17 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lorib64
I'm sorry that happened. I had someone try to switch items on me once. They replaced it with something similar looking, but I noticed the difference. I know that's different then what happened to you. I don't know how they were able to remove the trophy. (The trophies are tradeable).
My main boggle or whatever is just what did happen. If they switched it, how -- because I am used to it enough by now that I would have noticed {and my friend was literally at my side watching the trade, too}, but def thanks for the confirmation that the trophies like that HAVE been traded!

---------- KeyLargo added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by kinztown194
so sorry that happened to you. The server was probably lagging and probably, you didn't catch that the person switched it really fast and the server didn't load that he/she took it out. This happened to me once when i traded my POTM for sea otter bed, eagle couch, holiday sweater. server was lagging and the otter bed wasn't there in my dock
Well I did have me and someone else watching and I and he both did NOT see where the trade had to be restarted, so mainly trying to figure out what DID happen; I was told the trophies ARE definitely tradeable so that wasn't the issue. Well, as goober says LOL back to the drawing {thinking} board! LOL

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-31-2008 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KeyLargo is offline Female
Closed