Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

Default Unanswered: Trade Room Computer Question

Now I have been trading long enough to know that someone can pull an item out at the last minute and if you are not paying attention you click again and end up with a bait and switch {losing that item or whatever} during that trade. I do pay attention. Tonight the site was running really slow {slower than usual even} but the trade was going on. It was just taking more time to get items up to window, talk back and forth, all that. When the trade was over, however, I had only 2 of the 3 items. Now, I KNOW I did NOT click the button that would start the trade over, just the usual way of doing things from A to C or whatever. Is there a way to pull an item out without it starting the trade over? {I did not think there was.} Could there have been a 'glitch' that allowed them, somehow, to pull an item out without restarting the trade process? I was a bit ticked because I do pay close attention when I'm in trade and it was a pet specific item {new} along with another {newer} pet specific item to get a POTM item and year 3 trophy, but I didn't get the trophy. These trophies ARE tradeable, right, because they were able to get it to/in the window to trade. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. As an ex-comp tech and all I am more curious about the site 'glitch' than even the trophy {as bad as I wanted it obviously LOL}.

UPDATED INFO: This person, for me to find them in slower room at time when I got back with the otter bed, actually had me on their list {and must not have remembered that at all because even today I turned on my walkie talkie thingie and there they were}. So anyway I went in to the clubhouse and pushed join friend; took a couple of tries because the room was slow but I finally got in and then {since plus room} I typed out the problem. This person is wearing plumpy glasses and all now so I doubt it's a kid with a lot to trade as they suggested before, but all they said was that they took it down and I still traded. However, they also said before they went out of trade the first time ! it's still here ! {with those exclamation marks} so it is obvious that whatever they tried worked at least that time for them to scam on a trade. Since I was in the room and it was definitely same person {on so called friends' list remember} I reported them under bullying because there isn't a place for scamming; maybe this will keep them from doing that sort of thing to others, but it was a yellow golden retriever {golden color dog} and the username and pet name were lexibelle with belle. Please don't trade with this person, they will not trade fair -- and that spoils the trade for everyone that is trading fair!

Last edited by KeyLargo; 01-06-2009 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: updated info
KeyLargo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Gift Guru

elefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond reputeelefancy has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Trade Room Computer Question

So sorry this happened to you- I have had people try to do this- perhaps if the site was running slowly they were able to take it out on their end before it showed up on your end-- I have seen that happen before--
elefancy is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
Now I have been trading long enough to know that someone can pull an item out at the last minute and if you are not paying attention you click again and end up with a bait and switch {losing that item or whatever} during that trade. I do pay attention. Tonight the site was running really slow {slower than usual even} but the trade was going on. It was just taking more time to get items up to window, talk back and forth, all that. When the trade was over, however, I had only 2 of the 3 items. Now, I KNOW I did NOT click the button that would start the trade over, just the usual way of doing things from A to C or whatever. Is there a way to pull an item out without it starting the trade over? {I did not think there was.} Could there have been a 'glitch' that allowed them, somehow, to pull an item out without restarting the trade process? I was a bit ticked because I do pay close attention when I'm in trade and it was a pet specific item {new} along with another {newer} pet specific item to get a POTM item and year 3 trophy, but I didn't get the trophy. These trophies ARE tradeable, right, because they were able to get it to/in the window to trade. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. As an ex-comp tech and all I am more curious about the site 'glitch' than even the trophy {as bad as I wanted it obviously LOL}.
Hi!

I have had that happen too, unfortunately...
The only thing I can think of is that if the site was sluggish, they had more time to do the "bait & switch"...I don't trade anymore when the site is that way, I wait till things are moving smoother.

Also, since being "burned" in the Clubhouse, I don't click "confirm" unitil THEY do FIRST.
I don't think they can pull items out at that point without the "member doesn't want to complete this trade" process.

Hope this helps!
I'll check back to see if anyone else can shed more light on this...I'd like answers too!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I believe you CAN pull an item out of a trade just by dragging the item back to your dock.
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #5
lupuny is finally
Gifted

queenofblosomes is just really nicequeenofblosomes is just really nice

Sorry this happened to oyu. I had an even worse problem. I offerd my super bed, and the other person offered a kid table, a wig, and a coupon, then webkinz broke down, then when I checked my dock, my super bed wan't there anymore. :'
queenofblosomes is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Gift Trainee

funkyfree will become famous soon enough

There has been much talk about a way to replace and even take out items without the other person being able to see or tell. I personally have never done this (obviously) so I really don't know how to do this. This has however happened to me so I can sympathize with you. I lost the most valuable item they offered. It also doesn't help that the site was running slow so it may have been one of Ganz's unfortunate glitches when things get slow. Sorry that this happened to you and I say in regret that you have to be careful because there is a bad person who will scam you for every good person who wants to trade fairly.
funkyfree is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #7

cheesecakie101 has disabled reputation

I am extremely sorry this happened to you! It has happened to me before. They scammed me! I was so mad! But as far as i know i got my items back by earning them with my pets and everything! I am really sorry this happened to you! I hope that you feel much better soon

~~cheesecakie101~~
cheesecakie101 is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I had that happen to me. There were donut seeds that I wanted and a poster I didn't and somehow that person pulled out the donut seeds and I ended up with just the poster. I don't see how the other person pulled that out so fast. This was some time ago and I don't think the system was running slow, either. It sort of soured me on trading because I don't think they should be able to pull things out after the trade has been agreed on.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #9
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by elefancy
So sorry this happened to you- I have had people try to do this- perhaps if the site was running slowly they were able to take it out on their end before it showed up on your end-- I have seen that happen before--
Well I've had people try it on me, but when they take an item out you have to click to start the trade again, and that wasn't the case this time. It was saying that it was waiting for the other person to click agree {again} so that was second step. If someone pulls it out after the trade button is pushed {before the agree/complete button is pushed} the both have to click the trade button{s} again before it goes forward. I'm a bit stumped, at least for now. It could have been one of those weird glitches, who knows, there are so many.

---------- KeyLargo added 6 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ldskinzkid
Hi!

I have had that happen too, unfortunately...
The only thing I can think of is that if the site was sluggish, they had more time to do the "bait & switch"...I don't trade anymore when the site is that way, I wait till things are moving smoother.

Also, since being "burned" in the Clubhouse, I don't click "confirm" unitil THEY do FIRST.
I don't think they can pull items out at that point without the "member doesn't want to complete this trade" process.

Hope this helps!
I'll check back to see if anyone else can shed more light on this...I'd like answers too!
I did wonder about the sluggish part but still once someone pulls an item out the trade button has to be clicked TWICE again, not just the once so it's giving me a slight boggle. Like you are talking about there is the trade button then there is confirm. There is no confirm but goes back to original trade button if they {or you} pull something out, even if switching items out for something else.

I'm beginning to think it was one of the {many} weird site glitches. What didn't make any sense {unless they are a very dim bulb} is that I had to go back to one of my rooms {leave trading room} after adding them to my friends' list so I could find them when I came back with the otter bed {the new pet item I was talking about they wanted} so they're still on my list which means I know their exact handle and their pet handle so, well, I'm sure you get the drift! LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 15 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by AlohaWebkinz
Yes, I believe you CAN pull an item out of a trade just by dragging the item back to your dock.
Oh I know they can do that but it starts the trade button sequence over -- instead of confirm you have to go back to trade then confirm so I would have had to push the button again then again for the confirm, and I know I didn't do it. Funny thing {not really ha ha funny but odd} my friend was actually watching me do the trade {in person, right next to me} because he was wondering about all the stuff I was putting up {keep a room sometimes full of stuff to trade for stuff I have that I don't particularly want or that will trade well enough for stuff I really do want, badly LOL} so basically he saw it all -- and confirmed I did NOT have to hit the trade button again, so I really am beginning to think it is one of their weird glitches.

Still, the one time that happened on my end where I had added the person, too {and not because of that, just because I believe in honest mistakes and such} they didn't pull an item out that was extra {that I wasn't expecting to be included in the trade} so when I noticed it in my dock a bit later {I was still trading and hadn't noticed it just the other item to make sure I did get it in dock} I actually sent it back to them via post. That was way back when I started and obviously I pay more attention now {and go in to the room where I can type what I need to like excuse me you need to pull the extra out or it will trade too sort of thing}.

Another time they wanted to trade for outfit {4 piece though} and not only did I tell them it was 4 piece but that it was curio and not that 'rare'. They asked if I would send the 4th piece through mail after trade. I said sure, and I actually left trade room right after to send it through the post to them {and sent them kinz style shorts in addition just for trusting and all}.

I figure if it was honest mistake or site glitch, with me on the friends' list, that they would have sent it to me by now, but they haven't. So now I'm wondering more and more about site glitches! Oh and how I need to apply to GE here and just cut out the middle man or whatever! LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 5 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by queenofblosomes
Sorry this happened to oyu. I had an even worse problem. I offerd my super bed, and the other person offered a kid table, a wig, and a coupon, then webkinz broke down, then when I checked my dock, my super bed wan't there anymore. :'
That is why I am beginning to lean a bit more toward the {supposed} 'glitch' theory, with that weird slow thing.

But when that happened to me {they left in item I had frowned at, so not sure if they realized it would send regardless leaving it in, and it wasn't part of trade I wanted} so when I noticed it I did send it to them {I had to add them temporarily to my list so I could leave trade, go back to my rooms, then come back and find them}. I didn't get a note back but I assume they got it, and was probably surprised, who knows! LOL

I am sorry to hear that in your case it was a very expensive glitch.

---------- KeyLargo added 6 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by funkyfree
There has been much talk about a way to replace and even take out items without the other person being able to see or tell. I personally have never done this (obviously) so I really don't know how to do this. This has however happened to me so I can sympathize with you. I lost the most valuable item they offered. It also doesn't help that the site was running slow so it may have been one of Ganz's unfortunate glitches when things get slow. Sorry that this happened to you and I say in regret that you have to be careful because there is a bad person who will scam you for every good person who wants to trade fairly.
I haven't seen those, and like you I wouldn't do any of them but knowing how someone does something can help someone else stop them {protect themselves from having it done to them}. And now I am seeing the slow issue again, so maybe that's it, the thing that is 'boggling' me about what happened {because I know I didn't have to push the first trade button again as I would have if they'd pulled it out -- unless that is different glitch LOL}.

Still when something like that happened on my end {where I got 'deal'} I sent it to them through the post, because they were on my friends' list {temporarily so I could find them after I left trading room to go to my rooms to get whatever item it was I'd forgotten}. Ah, well, takes all kinds eh? LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 3 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cheesecakie101
I am extremely sorry this happened to you! It has happened to me before. They scammed me! I was so mad! But as far as i know i got my items back by earning them with my pets and everything! I am really sorry this happened to you! I hope that you feel much better soon

~~cheesecakie101~~
Thanks but I'm okay, just a big wondering about the technical angle of it all. It's like when I managed a store; you have to know how someone would be able to steal something to be able to stop them. However that also means that you could steal something because you'd know how. Not that you would, but the general point is flip side of same coin type thing. I am more curious, most of all, about the technical stuff, still! LOL Thanks again for the sympathy, but it's just that I really wanted that trophy {and the other year ones, any that I wasn't on site to be able to get to begin with} but who knows maybe other chances, hey! LOL

---------- KeyLargo added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I had that happen to me. There were donut seeds that I wanted and a poster I didn't and somehow that person pulled out the donut seeds and I ended up with just the poster. I don't see how the other person pulled that out so fast. This was some time ago and I don't think the system was running slow, either. It sort of soured me on trading because I don't think they should be able to pull things out after the trade has been agreed on.
Well I don't know how it used to be too far back with the rooms, I think they'd changed them {at least some} by time I started on there {just this past/late July in fact} so with me in trading it has always been that sboth have to click trade then both have to click agree, but if someone {either or both} pull anything out after the original trade button is pushed it has to be pushed again. Then again like I said that may have been something they had to fix or update or correct or whatever from the original way the trade{s} were set up. I could see where someone decided that it just wasn't enough to trade for {say someone put up wshop stuff for a pet item or whatever} and they didn't want to complete the trade but the way you're talking about, no I don't think they should be able to do that at all. Still, not sure how they could work around that problem.

Last edited by KeyLargo; 12-31-2008 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #10
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Well, maybe this was answered above.. (little too early to read it all, lol)

But sometimes the servers pick up lag, and you might notice it outside the trading table too... your pet may not do their action or say their text right away. Might take a while to catch up. Same thing goes on the Trading table...
If the room is slow, which usually it is, lol... Then all it takes is someone changing things very fast. The picture of the item you THINK you are trading for hasn't had the chance to "catch up" after the fast switching someone did.
I've actually waited a bit, and seen the pictures start flashing! That is the time to leave the table. Who knows what is actually up there..
This happened to my sister once. She called my house and told me she just traded a pet item for a wshop fridge...

---------- kellyschrvr added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

So it isn't like they are taking the item out AFTER you both click ready to trade.... I've been assure by a rep that that can't be done... The pictures just haven't updated because of the lag in the server..

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 12-31-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Closed