Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
heathmarie
Webkinz :)

heathmarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Todays Activities.... Hourly Events?

When I log on to the site and go to today's activities... my hourly events starts at 4pm instead of 9am like it used to. Did I miss something??? Or is my account just messed up?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Gifted

goyoga will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Todays Activities.... Hourly Events?

I think the general consensus is that is what happens once school starts. Too bad for us that don't have school anymore
goyoga is offline Female
Old 09-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
critterannie

critterannie is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, they announced this in the newspaper that once school started up again, they would make the hourly activities start at 4pm.

it is a bit of a bummer, but I suppose it's fair to all those kiddos who have to go to school!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Gifted

ddominique is on a distinguished road

I am so glad I am not the only one to notice or comment. And um, excuse me, but didn't SOME kids have summer school? Or year-round school? What a dumb idea to lock down the activities because some parents somewhere whined that their kids needed to go to school without the temptation of Hourly Activities preoccupying them all day long.

Sheesh!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it has anything to do with parents whining! If that was the case Ganz would be a LOT different... just listen to all the whining in WI.

Ganz has always had the activities set for KinzTime, which unfortunately is Eastern Time and yes I understand that upsets some people... but all sites operate on their own local time.

Webkinz was and I think still is primarily set up as a children's site.. although I know many many many adults like myself are also addicted, things are targeted for the kids.

So Kinz Time... for kids means after school activities.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
Gifted

ddominique is on a distinguished road

Hi Katz,

What about Ganz's egocentric notion that the entire Webkinz Universe resides in upstate NY or one of its several time zone counterparts? It makes no sense to limit one coast and leave things wide open for another coast, such as in Hawaii, where Hourly Activities begin at about 11AM, and the site shuts down for them nightly at about 7PM or sooner! How must that stink for the little Hawaiian boys and girls who have to scarf down dinner at 6PM to get into the site before it shuts down for its nightly 3-5 hour nap?

As someone who works in web development, I'm finding it frustrating that they cannot just go ahead and run the site 24/7 like every other site out there. It CAN certainly be done...just look at eBay.

The fact remains that this site is NOT a money maker for them, since the money's already spent and in their pocket by the time you site down in front of your PC for the first time. So they keep the site up, keep it functional, but they are possibly unaware of a secret sect of adults who are huge fans. I think I will start a new thread about that...

I'm just happy to b able to recommend it to my computer-illiterate friends who were afraid to let their kids get on but didn't have the knowledge to look into it first.

I just wish it was more fair, maybe if they thought it through a little to see that only a fraction of Webkinz account holders are on Eastern time, that's all.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
heathmarie

heathmarie is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i must have missed that in the newspaper... oh well that definately does stink tho that they're making most of the things in webkinz world dependent on kids... hopefully they realize soon that there are a lot of adults out there who love the site just as much. im a college student and i like to check on my lil pets before i go to class in the morning but theres no more goodies for them when i go on early. its quite upsetting.
Closed