Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
bunnygirl56
Gift Guru

bunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of lightbunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of lightbunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Toco Tucan????

Hey i know that the toco tucan just came out!!!

But i was thinking about how they retired him!!!

does anybody knwow if he is instantly being taken off shelves???

please let me know!!!

<3 <3 <3
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
soccerboy7
Webkinz :)

Raccoon999 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Toco Tucan????

i dk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
bunnygirl56
Gift Guru

bunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of lightbunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of lightbunnygirl56 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah! i am really upset they keep retiring the critters before they even come out! it is really getting out of hand!! i mean i love the tucan but idk if i will be able to get it intime!! lol
Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #4

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

View Post Originally Posted by bunnygirl56
yeah! i am really upset they keep retiring the critters before they even come out! it is really getting out of hand!! i mean i love the tucan but idk if i will be able to get it intime!! lol
he's right, idk but on youtube people are saying its on shelves selling fast
buy them
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #5

DrLolly is on a distinguished road

BunnyGirl asked, "does anybody know if he is instantly being taken off shelves."

Hi all! They are definitely NOT taking the toucan off the shelves before they are sold. I just bought one today, and it is soooo cute. I think they are just making a very limited number of them, and no more. When those are sold, that is the end of them.

I heard that they are doing the "quick retirements" in response to a lot of collectors complaining that Ganz was saturating the market with too many of each pet. Thus lowering the value of "collecting" them. They are still doing a lot of pets in big production, but they've picked some to make in limited supply to try to get back to at least some of the pets being more "collectable" - or hard to find. I think it is probably a hard balance, but my understanding is that the change was in response to what at least some collectors had requested.

I know that eBay has a lot of them and the other retired pets advertised. So, you could try there if you don't find them locally. I sure hope you find the ones you want!

Take care and have a great holiday weekend.

Last edited by DrLolly; 07-05-2008 at 08:43 PM..
DrLolly is offline Female
Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
darleina
Gift Guru

darleina is just really nicedarleina is just really nice

They dont take them off the shelves when they are retired they just wont make anymore !( in that Size ..they still can do the lilkinz in it ! ....not a bad marketing plan really , when they do the lilkinz it will be really hard to keep them on the shelves ! right ! I heard the stores that ordered them will get them but then thats it ! So if you see it buy it !
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Gifted

webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!

i don't know i think it is a mystery
webkinz is fun is offline Female
Old 07-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
bunnygirl56
Gift Guru

see like limited too had like 50 of them but i do not like paying 17 dollars plus tax for a webkinz so i did not get it! so i am gonna try and find it on monday!! =]
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
toys4toons
Gifted

crazyhorse will become famous soon enough

our local Hallmark got them in yesterday and they have them on the shelf but there going very fast. When I left yesterday there were 7 left and she said they will not be able to reorder them far as she knows right now.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
JosephJonas
Gifted

polkadot911 will become famous soon enough

What happens is each store gets ONE shipment of them. After that, no more come. But i'd hurry, because people will buy them up quickly! All of the dragons at the hallmark by me were gone in ONE day!!!! But no, they won't take them off the shelves. They let them sell and then they go off and enjoy their money
polkadot911 is offline Female
Closed