Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #31
eldon2
Webkinz :)

quellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: TIRED!!

Not a very happy halloween on WW this month. Very frustrating. I expected the usual Wednesday morning maintenance but it never happened. Webkinz might do well to remember that kids get bored fast.
quellie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #32
gatita is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been wondering it anyone else was having the problem. I guess so. Hope it gets fixed soon.
gatita is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #33
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
I'm sorry but I'm afraid this is happening to most people...it still happens to me but not as much lately. Try contacting GANZ and clearing your Cache and try only having WW running on your computer and not any other website or music player, etc.... Good Luck...hopefully you get in soon and someone else can help!
Actually, this is a problem that clearing your computer's cache and rebooting won't fix.
It is clearly programming issues on Ganz' end, and we can't do anything about it on the user end.

Whatever they did when they added the Halloween goodies and tried to roll out a whole load of cosmetic changes really messed up the interactions between the modules. Almost everyone is experiencing getting booted out of one area and showing up in another randomly, losing the KC earned, blue screens, green screens, black screens.... are we having fun yet?

I sure hope someone in programming at Ganz is taking this seriously, and looking into the interaction. They need to roll back the coding changes one at a time until they find the problem area(s). They truly need to compare the most problematic modules, and look at the coding before Oct1 and after Oct1, and see where they differ. Ugh....

Someone thought it might be the ads, since they rotate on a random basis.
The problem is that I chose to opt out of the ads, so not sure if that is broken too, or what might be happening. We have 3 computers at our place - two on WinXP, one on Vista, and I run both IE and Firefox. The auto-refresh isn't happening on Firefox, but it runs so much slower it is borderling annoying to use.

It is always possible it is a bad interaction with Internet Explorer - Microsoft certainly has a long history of their own bad programming - but the jumping from module to moduel within the website suggests that it is still mostly a Ganz problem.

But one thing we are all unanimous about - we are all tired of how dysfunctional the site has become this month! : (
Hope this isn't their version of trick or treat!

(Dear Ganz - I think you owe everyone some large sums of KC on the wheels, some wishing wells in the Wishing Well 2, and a really nice trick or treat bag of goodies! ; )

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 10-10-2008 at 04:45 PM..
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #34
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

hi everyone i think everyone is havin probles but when i get on at 5:30 in the morning there is not an issue
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #35
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friend. Please don't write in all caps. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
jorking is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #36
Gingerpool

The porcupine is awesome.
Well, anyway, it's probably because of maintenance or something.
Just log back in. It happens to me often.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #37

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Hi,

I wanted to add---now that the day has ended at webkinz tech support, I have noticed that I have the 10 minute auto-refresh happening again (where it didn't happen LAST night during the "after hours").

I USE mozilla firefox usually on my laptop, not internet explorer---and it happens on this most of the time (except during the few times when I am on during GANZ/WEBKINZ regular business/tech-support/programmers regular hours....then, for some reason, they are "glitch free").

Also, per an email conversation with tech support with this evening....(after they IGNORED me for several weeks again), they INSISTED my sister's webkinz site was FIXED, which I then ASSURED them IT was NOT....this has been an ongoing problem for 9 months now....)....so, they REALLY have no clue there....

fluffrnuttr
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #38
MEH! ▼

OceanBluue has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry. The best advice that I can give you is to clear your cache. It is probably really busy because of the new Halloween Theme in the W-Shop. So many people are getting on to buy some of the items, and Webkinz is being logged on too much. All I can say is good luck!
OceanBluue is offline Male
Old 10-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #39
We want a giraffe

shellbell is a jewel in the roughshellbell is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I don't have vista, but I am assuming it is similar to mine. Go to your "Start" menu and click on "Control Panel". Double click on the "Add or Remove Programs" icon. Scroll/look down the list until you reach Adobe Flash Player Plugin and click on it (after clicking on "Adobe Flash Player Plugin" don't click "remove"). You should now see the words "Click here for support information"; click on these words and it should have a pop-up saying what version you are using (mine is 9.0.47.0). You can do the same for "Adobe Flash Player ActiveX" (mine is version 9.0.124.0). I think WW might use both of these, but I am not entirely sure.
Thanks SnowCrystal! It was slightly different for Vista, but I figured it out. I have the same version as you.

---------- shellbell added 10 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

To everyone who thinks you have the answer....I don't think there is a simple answer. I've read many comments on several threads. Some people are not having any problems. Some people are getting kicked out completely to the log in screen. Some claim it only happens on a certain browser (others not). And so on and so on. I was questioing the flash player version since it was the only thing that I hadn't ruled out yet. I still am not clear why some have problems and some don't. I play at all times of the day (I rarely sleep). I have problems all the time.

I have a friend who has everything I have on my computer (vista, internet explorer). She is not getting kicked out, but just gets "please wait" up a lot. I, on the other hand, get kicked out to a blank screen (only my dock appears on screen) exactly every 10 minutes and lose whatever I was doing. I have to click on "things to do" to go back. I'm just patiently waiting for the kinks to get worked out at this point.

Last edited by shellbell; 10-10-2008 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed