Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
jjwcarter
Webkinz :)
jjwcarter will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Time Warp or Alien Abduction?

I log into WW from a few different computers, and am finding that the way time is measured varies greatly, and am wondering if anyone else experiences this.
Examples:
*Zacky's Quest on my wireless laptop takes about 3-5 (real) seconds per "second" on the game, where as on the computer that's hooked up directly to the DSL modem measures the game in real time (and those little cars are really exceeding the speed limit.)
*On Operation Gumball, the time/counter passes at the same (real) rate on both computers, but the laptop is often too slow if I'm cutting it close to the time limit, and then we just have tragic gumball carnage.

Any ideas or insights are welcome, other than that my laptop and I are both getting old!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 02:08 AM   #2

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: Time Warp or Alien Abduction?

I've got a slow computer, and some of the games take a very long time. Once I played Zingo's Pop for 1 1/2 hours to get the trophy! Zacky's Quest takes a good hour. When you're learning to do that one, I think the slow computer is an advantage, but once you've got it, it get's pretty boring. Polar Plunge is pretty much impossible on the slow computer, because the bear takes too long coming down after a jump, and you hit a tree by then - the "ground speed" is off synch with the time your jump takes. I've also played on a faster computer, and it really is a different game. One game that a slow computer is a real advantage is Booger gets an A. The blocks move nice and slowly, so you have lots of time to make your sums.

Your computer speed also makes a difference in some of the jobs in the employment office. Some of them are completely impossible to do on a slow computer, such as grocery clerk and gem mining - the timer runs at normal speed, but everything else moves too slowly to complete the job.

I've concluded that I'd need at least two computers, one fast and one slow, to do everything well on WW.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 04-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #3
cascas90

cascas90 is on a distinguished road

That's strange you guys are observant!
cascas90 is offline Female
Old 04-26-2008, 06:27 AM   #4

HH18e is on a distinguished road

weird! That is soooooooooo strange
HH18e is offline Female
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
jjwcarter

"I've concluded that I'd need at least two computers, one fast and one slow, to do everything well on WW."

Yes, ritzcracker, I agree, and am glad to know it's not just my poor little computer. Maybe I don't need an upgrade just yet.

I can whip out the daiies in a matter of minutes on the fast one, but if I want a Booger or Zacky trophy, I've got to invest some hours on the wireless laptop. (I can play Booger forever (or until my shoulders give out) when it's slow, but it won't let you score more than 30,000 pts, FYI.) However, if I want a Gumball or Goober trophy, I have to do it on the fast connection because the timer is ticking along at a normal speed.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
elderado81
Tori_grl28 is on a distinguished road

there are alot of little secrets it seems, you know if you do your wishing well after midnight you can do it again that same morning with the rest of your activities
Old 04-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #7

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

The Wheel of WOW, the Wishing Well, and Gem Mining reset themselves after the maintenance. You have between app. 4:00 am (after maintenance is over) till 1:00 am the next morning (when the next maintenance starts) to do those for the day.
One little bonus I have noticed is that if you do your daily kinzcare after midnight on Sunday (I guess that makes it Monday morning), but before maintenance, you can do a second one for Monday on Monday morning after maintenance - so it actually tells you it's your 8th entry for that week, and you get the extra KC and food item.

I've heard on other threads that Booger won't let you score over 30000 points, so I don't even try. Usually I just fill one or two reportcards, though I have done 3 before.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 04-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
jjwcarter

I try and do all the "bonus" activities late at night when I can. Just found about the Sunday midnight trick this past week. In fact, it filled in the missing day from my daughter's daily kinzcare. I wrote a little about the Booger limit in another thread. I was on a tear one day and mad about being denied, so I played a few marathon games and stopped at different places - once just after going over 30K points, and that time it did not accept my mathematizer skills. It was fine with me below that limit, though. Too bad I didn't know about WI at that point in time. Ah, live and learn, and look up other questions in the forum.

I just thought that the passage of time was interesting, and the fact that different computers/connections result in a quite the variety of WW experiences. My son and I played each other on Atomicolicious on computers desks right next to each other, and the rate that each players side "reset" was completely different. Both screens would say they were waiting on the other player while the information transferred, so you might think your opponent is a slow poke or plotting your ultimate destruction, when really they are probably thinking the same of you.

So, if you go on vacation and find yourself checking on your furry friends from someone else's computer, don't be alarmed when the WoW appears to be in slow motion, or perhaps if Goober's experiment goes awry because your clicks didn't register quickly enough. Or the reverse - those bees sting you before you can run to that blasted helmet. Quizzy's Word Challenge is Old Reliable in my book. Big $, no time limit, and the computer speed doesn't matter.
Closed