Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
It's fun to be a
Gifted

bubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Time involved with becoming Gifted

Good afternoon everyone and thank you upfront for the help.

I am interested in becoming gifted and have read the rules and know how to start.

My question is to those who have gone through this. Once you've been accepted and start working on becoming gifted, approx how long did it take? I have some time on a daily basis, but I am a working mom, so not a lot.

I really want to do this, but I don't want to start on this if it's extremely time consuming as I wouldn't want to take up a moderators time or take the slot away from someone who has the time.

Also, is there anyway for a non-gifted person to just peruse the trading chats? I'd like to know what kinds of items are being traded. I don't have a lot to trade right now, except for some older retired wshop themes, but if they aren't being traded well, I maybe need to consider waiting until I have a better aresenal of tradable items?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be extrememly helpful. Thank you!!!!

Have a wonderful day.
bubbanight is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Time involved with becoming Gifted

Well, the length of the training process really depends on the Trainee.

If you're willing and hard-working, it'll take a shorter time, or if your lazy and like to slack off, it will probably take awhile. I can't really estimate a number of days/weeks/months to tell you, cause everyone is different.

When you are a Gift Trainee, you can only trade regular Wshop items, foods, non-seasonal and non-retired pet exclusives, non-retired exclusives, and small Wshop items, so to trade your retired Wshop items, you'll have to wait to become Gifted. (You will become Gifted after you finish your Gift Trainee training) But I'm SURE that a LOT of people are looking for retired Wshop stuff!

Good luck

If you wish to apply, here's the link --> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...mation-219641/
Old 07-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Your Gift Coach will decide when you are ready. This is not time based. They will decide to make you a gifted member when you understand the rules and are a good trader. As a gift trainee, you can't trade retired or seasonal items. For more information on the value of items see http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-value-141017/
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I know I traded alot and spent a lot of time so I think it only took me a couple of weeks. Once you become gifted you don't have to open up your own ge. I waited a couple of months. You can just go to others Ge and make offers there. That way you can trade and not have to worry about being kept busy with a ge.

The amounts of trades I made would vary. I traded a lot then didn't trade at all. It would be up to you. I would still apply. Having access to the GE is a good thing to have access to.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
e all need love!
Gift Guru

mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!
mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!mommaluvsmush is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by bubbanight
Good afternoon everyone and thank you upfront for the help.

I am interested in becoming gifted and have read the rules and know how to start.

My question is to those who have gone through this. Once you've been accepted and start working on becoming gifted, approx how long did it take? I have some time on a daily basis, but I am a working mom, so not a lot.

I really want to do this, but I don't want to start on this if it's extremely time consuming as I wouldn't want to take up a moderators time or take the slot away from someone who has the time.

Also, is there anyway for a non-gifted person to just peruse the trading chats? I'd like to know what kinds of items are being traded. I don't have a lot to trade right now, except for some older retired wshop themes, but if they aren't being traded well, I maybe need to consider waiting until I have a better aresenal of tradable items?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be extrememly helpful. Thank you!!!!

Have a wonderful day.
How polite and thoughtful you are! That in itself can go a long way toward ensuring your success in the Training Program : )

There is no way for you to look at trade threads, sorry.....but i can tell you that pretty much EVERYthing on Webkinz can be traded here -- and is!
In the Training Section, the range of tradeable items is limited, for the simple reason that it protects the newbies and keeps the focus on learning the ropes of trading.
In the regular GE, however, anything which is allowed on WI may be traded.
You can get a good idea of what things are worth in trading terms by looking through the Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange Value Guide (WIGEV). Hold your mouse over where it says "Webkinz Information Center" at the top of any page; when the menu appears, click on WIGEV.
There are threads which offer only foods; threads which have nothing but priceless retired items; and everything in between. Your Gift Coach will help you figure out what will work for you, and you'll be surprised to find out how many more things you have to trade than you thought you did ; )

How much time does it take to do the training? That can vary wildly. There are people who spend just 15 or 20 minutes a day on here, and who run a very efficient and agreeable trade thread. Then there are others who spend many hours each day on here - and who don't do any trading at all!
If you are organized, your communications with your coach are clear and concise, and you honor your commitment to your customers by spending a little time each day or so on maintaining your thread, you should get through with flying colors in a matter of a couple of weeks or so. That is an ESTIMATE ONLY and should not be taken as gospel! LOL
....but it is probably pretty close : )

I look forward to seeing you in the Training Program!
mommaluvsmush is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
ebaday

I do not think I can top all the info others have given you so I will just say good luck! It took me two tries to get accepted and then it took me about 2 weeks with my wonderful GC - mommaluvsmush - right above me! Hee hee - hello momma. To get trained in training. Your GG first trains you about the TS - training sectiong - then they send you in there after checking your list. After about a month or two you are moved to the big GE. There you can trade anything. In the TS you can only trade certain things. I hope you have the time - it is a lot of fun! You are a very kind person and that always helps in getting accepted. Good luck!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
It's fun to be a
Gifted

bubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of lightbubbanight is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all for your help. I've applied and looking forward to training and hopefully trading with some of you one day.
bubbanight is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
I ♥ British
Webkinz :)

iluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to all

I'm interested, too, though it does seem like it'll take a while.....I'll think about it.
iluvginger33 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
photographer
Webkinz :)

Marley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to beholdMarley_is_love is a splendid one to behold

i have traded before. the time really just depends on the person. i took a long time to trade and so my gift coach suggested me becoming a webkinz again.
Marley_is_love is offline Female
Closed