Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Default Answered: Is there any other reasons to flag a post?

Okay, I know that you flag when someone is mean, or breaking the rules of WI. Is there any other reasons to flag though? I was just wondering, in case I encountered anything that might have to be flagged. Thank you all who view and post an answer for me!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Midnights Bliss
You would flag a post basically if it included anything rude, mean, inapropriate ect.
A post could also be flagged if it was posted in the wrong forms for example if I posted
something in the 'Somebody Help!' section of the forums when it really belonged in the
'Open Mic' section, then another user could flag it. Tags could also be another reason for
flagging. If a tag includes anything rude, inappropriate, or mean, the thread can be flagged.
Something that has not been approved by a staff member, that needs to be approved
before posting, can get flagged. For example, if I posted a roleplaying thread (which must
be approved by staff members) and it wasn't approved, then someone else could flag it.
Therefore, there are a lot of possiblities of why something could and should be flagged.
I usually keep this in mind "If the post does not follow the rules and regulations of the forums,
flag it." (:

- Midnights Bliss
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

JessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Is there any other reasons to flag a post?

Basically, anything rude, mean, inappropriate.... All that stuff. If you're not sure, I think it's okay to flag it just in case. Also, if there is a unacceptable tag the first post of the thread may flagged (as long as the tag is explained). (;

--JJ
JessicaJonas is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru

jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

it case it is in the wrong forum is another reason to flag a thread! i don't know how to flag it though!! if it is a bump(and not in the TGE or GE) is a reason!
hoped I helped
JasonAldeanMG
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #4

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

You always could flag a post when you want the thread to be moved, or closed. If you flag, a mod will come. So just think of anything you think is wrong, not in the right place, or just want it to be closed. The mod will handle the situation.

To flag a post, there is a red flag under someone on the bottom. Flagging is always used for reporting.
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #5

JessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to beholdJessicaJonas is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Dudeness
You always could flag a post when you want the thread to be moved, or closed. If you flag, a mod will come. So just think of anything you think is wrong, not in the right place, or just want it to be closed. The mod will handle the situation.

To flag a post, there is a red flag under someone on the bottom. Flagging is always used for reporting.
Yes, as Dudeness said, the flag is located under every member's avatar.
JessicaJonas is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Banned
FireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to allFireFlyz is a name known to all

There are actually alot of other reasons that you can flag a post!
If you're into RolePlaying at all, then if you see a member who posted a roleplay without it being approved, flag it.
If you see someone bumping up their thread that is not on their Gift Excahnge, flag it.
If you think that a thread is in the wrong section, feel free to flag it.
Even if you aren't sure if you SHOULD flag it, you probably should just in case..
I will tell you this though- flag a post if you want something to be deleted or what not. You really shouldn't flag a post because it's bringing attention to the staff and you want them to see your new thread you just put up.. only for emergency-like things!
FireFlyz is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #7
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

Another good reason to flag a post is if a member has posted some personal information that should not be given out on Webkinz Insider. Sometimes younger members might write their age or home city without realizing it is not a good idea to post such information.
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

You would flag a post basically if it included anything rude, mean, inapropriate ect.
A post could also be flagged if it was posted in the wrong forms for example if I posted
something in the 'Somebody Help!' section of the forums when it really belonged in the
'Open Mic' section, then another user could flag it. Tags could also be another reason for
flagging. If a tag includes anything rude, inappropriate, or mean, the thread can be flagged.
Something that has not been approved by a staff member, that needs to be approved
before posting, can get flagged. For example, if I posted a roleplaying thread (which must
be approved by staff members) and it wasn't approved, then someone else could flag it.
Therefore, there are a lot of possiblities of why something could and should be flagged.
I usually keep this in mind "If the post does not follow the rules and regulations of the forums,
flag it." (:

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 08-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

If you want to bring a post to the attention of a moderator or an administrator, and think it may be important for them to know about, good or bad, flag it. It can be to let them know of something that needs to be fixed or addressed, or even for something that you think is newsworthy that you think they might want to put on the front page.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Thanks to all who helped me! It was hard choosing a best answer, but I managed. Thanks you all!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Closed