Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

Default Answered: Text help!

How do you make different colored text In the wiki, like put a blue word right next to a pink word? Please help me!

Last edited by Isabelle123; 11-29-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by curiousg
SPOILER]
View Post Originally Posted by Isabelle123
I meant in the wiki.
I saw your edit Isabelle! Thanks!!

This is confusing, and I am glad you asked.

ClaraZ25 (Pat) is a Wiki Sysop and what she has done is set up a template for you to use that will automatically put the right colors in!

I see that you were putting in the expressions PSI and PSF which are terrific expressions to add! (Exactly the sort of phrases that a new person might not know.)

PSF: a special food that is made for a specific pet

You should type in this:

{{Glossary|PSF|Color=red|Definition=short for Pet Specific Food, a special food that is made for a specific Webkinz pet.|Links=[[(Picture Gallery) Pet Special Foods & Pet Specific Items]]}}

I will walk through it.

{{Glossary|PSF|Color=red|Definition=short for Pet Specific Food, a special food that is made for a specific Webkinz pet.|Links=[[(Picture Gallery) Pet Special Foods & Pet Specific Items]]}}

This part ( {{Glossary| )should be the same for every every glossary term . . . it is the template.

{{Glossary|PSF|Color=red||Definition=short for Pet Specific Food, a special food that is made for a specific Webkinz pet.|Links=[[(Picture Gallery) Pet Special Foods & Pet Specific Items]]}}

THis part ( Color = Red )sets the color and because of the template it will only change the color of the term itself! (Pretty Nifty, I think!)

Before whatever definition you put in you'll need |Definition=

then you just type your definition

Finally, at the end you can add a link.

you need the
|links=

and then the double brackets

[[the name of the page in the wiki that you want to link to]]

and end it all with }}

Whew - it is a lot, but you can just copy someone else's definition (like the one above) and just insert your information. Try not to lose any | or ]] or } in the process! And just know that we all miss a few formatting symbols all the time and the Sysops can go in and fix any mistakes!

Spoiler: show

Incidentally, you might not know that LINK To find the link I went to the page in the Wiki with the PSI's and PSF's and I copied just the last information in the URL web address line after the last / mark. The [[ marks and ]] marks tell the Wiki that this is a page in the Wiki.

The {{Glossary part of that is part of the "template" that I mentioned. It ends with }} because that indicates we are done with an entire definition and we are done with the template.

If you don't mind trying to type some of those confusing formatting symbols yourself you can put it in yourself; or you can just post your word and definition on the glossay thread and the Sysops or I will help get it into the Wiki.

THANKS! I hope that you'll try again and see if you can get it to work for the PSI too! Feel free to VM/PM for help!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Default Re: Text help!

In the text box there's a toolbar were you can make text bolded, italicised, underlined and right next to that with the A and the black line you can click to edit (:
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by emmlag96
In the text box there's a toolbar were you can make text bolded, italicised, underlined and right next to that with the A and the black line you can click to edit (:
But how do I, for example, have "boy" in blue text and "girl" in pink text without changing my default post color?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

You highlight the boy and choose the color. I.E boy girl
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
hat happened?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by emmlag96
You highlight the boy and choose the color. I.E boy girl
Thank you, but I meant in the wiki. Sorry, my mistake.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Instead of writing in Quick Reply, click on Reply above it (right after the last post, it has a green arrow on it). Click the image to open in full size.
That will open up the Advanced mode where you can choose the colors after you have written the text without messing up your default post color.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 11-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
hat happened?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Instead of writing in Quick Reply, click on Reply above it (right after the last post, it has a green arrow on it). Click the image to open in full size.
That will open up the Advanced mode where you can choose the colors after you have written the text without messing up your default post color.
I meant in the wiki.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

SPOILER]
View Post Originally Posted by Isabelle123
I meant in the wiki.

ClaraZ25 (Pat) is a Wiki Sysop and what she has done is set up a template for you to use that will automatically put the right colors in!

I see that you were putting in the expressions PSI and PSF which are terrific expressions to add! (Exactly the sort of phrases that a new person might not know.)

You should type in this:

I will walk through it.

This part ( {{Glossary| )should be the same for every every glossary term . . . it is the template.

{{Glossary|PSF|Color=red||Definition=short for Pet Specific Food, a special food that is made for a specific Webkinz pet.|Links=[[(Picture Gallery) Pet Special Foods & Pet Specific Items]]}}

THis part ( Color = Red )sets the color and because of the template it will only change the color of the term itself! (Pretty Nifty, I think!)

you need the
|links=

and end it all with }}

Whew - it is a lot, but you can just copy someone else's definition (like the one above) and just insert your information. Try not to lose any | or ]] or } in the process! And just know that we all miss a few formatting symbols all the time and the Sysops can go in and fix any mistakes!

Incidentally, you might not know that LINK To find the link I went to the page in the Wiki with the PSI's and PSF's and I copied just the last information in the URL web address line after the last / mark. The [[ marks and ]] marks tell the Wiki that this is a page in the Wiki.

The {{Glossary part of that is part of the "template" that I mentioned. It ends with }} because that indicates we are done with an entire definition and we are done with the template.

If you don't mind trying to type some of those confusing formatting symbols yourself you can put it in yourself; or you can just post your word and definition on the glossay thread and the Sysops or I will help get it into the Wiki.

THANKS! I hope that you'll try again and see if you can get it to work for the PSI too! Feel free to VM/PM for help!

Last edited by curiousg; 11-29-2010 at 02:47 PM..
curiousg is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Here is a guide made by cannoyomous.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post19142009
softballipod is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
hat happened?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by curiousg
SPOILER]

You should type in this:

I will walk through it.

you need the
|links=

and end it all with }}

THANK YOU! I just put in some work for the glossary.
Closed