Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)
PegC will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Telephones and Stadium problems

I'm noticing fewer posts about the problems with staying connected with the phones and the issue of not being able to enter, or even view, competitions in the stadium. I have not been able to do either one for over 2 weeks now....since the introduction of the stadium.

I have even tried to connect to the phone in the clubhouse and then go to the tournament, but as soon as I get the message "Waiting for another player" the phone disconnects. Even on the rare occasion that I stay connected long enough to play a game it disconnects if the opponent leaves the game, so I can't find another opponent. I've tried logging off and then on again, and even rebooting my computer with no success.

I have noticed that if my pet starts showing "bubble thoughts", while connected, I will have success. The "bubble thoughts" are strange. Gilda will say "Thanks for buying this for me", or "I could play this all day"... Just wish she could play it all day.....and if I could buy it for her so that I could play it without the phone connected, I would gladly do so.

I have written 3 emails to Ganz support and they have responded each time. However, they never address the issue. I think they are sending automated responses since I have seen the same response posted by other users, such as the response that they know of the glitch in WW and are working on a fix but can not give a timetable as to when it will be corrected. I think that Ganz Tech Support selects the response hoping it will pertain to the issue.

They told me, in another reply, that I need to enter the tournament quickly to participate but did not explain why I cannot at least view the competition. Each time I click on the View Competition button I get a message saying that results are not available and I'm not given the option fo trying to view again even though Red Rover says to enter the stadium to view the competition.

Ganz sent me another response saying that I am having a problem with Webkinz World...(as if I'm the only account that has reported an issue). They told me that I need to clear my cache to solve my problem signing into WW. This response did not even pertain to the issues that I was reporting. I rarely have problems entering WW.

We've all lost over 2 weeks of quality time in Webkinz World. I hope the problems are fixed soon, but in the mean time, if anyone has a sure fire workaround I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Gilda the Google

:goo:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
Jeninfla has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Telephones and Stadium problems

Gilda, my experience matches yours to the letter.
I have yet to get a phone call back from them but i have gotten the form letter that refers me to their ALL KNOWING guide and a form letter than blamed the problem on my ISP.

Now we have the big webkinz weekend coming up and all the new webkinz owners will probably crash whats left of the site.

If I sound angry, its because I am. We spend good money on these virtual pets (and we have a bunch of them) and there should be a reasonable expectation of use regarding their website.
Jeninfla is offline Female
Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Diabetes Awareness
PegC will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your understanding.

If I had the same problem with my electric company or cable/internet provider I would be getting rebates for the time lost. I wonder if Ganz will award us for this time lost.

For now I can only do the daily events and the hourly events in the evening and on weekends. I can play in the Arcade and in the tournament games that don't require the phone but i don't usually play any of them.

Hope to see you in the tournament arena soon. If you find a workaround to the problem let me know.

Gilda the Google

:goo:
Old 04-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I think it may be getting worse! Today is the first day that I have been unable to view the competition (I have viewed at least 5 other competitions fine). I was actually entered today and they took my entry fee. I was unable to view it, and then when I went to see the results posted, there were none! There was the screen that showed the results, but no pets were shown or listed on the screen. To see the picture, go to http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t268315p9.html (Message from Webkinz re: Stadium Competitions, page 9 post 87) I hope they re-do this competition because they ****** 125,000 Kinzcash from us (5000 participants at 25 Kinzcash each)!

I also have been unable to play in the tournament arena against another player. I am connected, and the other player is connected and accepts my "challenge" but then both of us keep getting "waiting for other player to join..." and then the game times out, and we are unable to play!

Hopefully they will fix all of this soon! It is even hard to get the newspaper to load when everyone is trying to get into the competition. Their servers must be maxed out!

I am not ready to give up yet. I am frustrated, but I will just have to be patient. I feel really sorry for the kids that keep getting disappointed.

Maybe they could break down the competitions into age groups, and allow the children to compete more, or have more trophies for them (like a top 100 trophy--since there are so many people in the competition).
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Gift Trainee
wendylouwho10 is on a distinguished road

Our phones on 2 account have not worked properly for going on 3 weeks. Same as above. Times out before connected with other players. We never get into the stadium even though we are exactly on time. The stadium should be limited to 1 pet 1x pet week until they can handle more pets. Entry should be limited to 40,000. There must be at least 1,000,000 webkinz users and probably more pets.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I think if there were 40,000 entrants it would be almost impossible to win! I think they should go back to the 1,000 entrants but have multiple competitions during the same time slot, sort of what they do for the tournament arena. As soon as 1,000 entries fill, another 1,000 entries start, and then another and another.... This way we would have more of a chance at entering and winning. Limiting it to 1 entry per userid per week would be okay too.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed