Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Ein
Webkinz :)

Ein is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Technical/Glitch Trading Room Problems.. Please help!

To start, this is NOT a thread about rude traders or me getting scammed, I am having a technical problem and was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing??

My computer keeps freezing and pretty much crashing almost every time I go into the trading room now, and I am getting so frustrated....but it is my favorite place to go in WW. Also I am running the risk of losing my rare items when I have to just turn off my computer mid-trade. What do you do when your computer freezes? Is anyone else having this problem?

Also the names of the other person's items are not appearing when they put them up for a trade and sometimes people put up items that I have not seen before and now I have no way of identifying them!!

Any help or answers are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
allmine4me
Gift Guru

pattie1970 is a jewel in the roughpattie1970 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Technical/Glitch Trading Room Problems.. Please help!

The same thing has happened to me too. Not sure how to fix it... I just don't go in there anymore. Have you tried using the customer support forms on the main webkinz.com site? I generally use the stuck item and and just write in trading room. (You'll have to type it as one word. Then when they contact you, you can elobrate on it. I have found this gets to the good tech people Hope it helps.
pattie1970 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
Never To Old For

Collie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

Hi,
I can't really help you because I am having the very same problems.
Once or twice when it would freeze, and I waited, it came back.
I have tried 4 different browsers.
Wish I had the answers. Hope somebody that does will reply.
Collie Lover is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
jolynn

Welcome to my world yesterday (Sunday) in the trading room. The tech problems on Webkinz caused me to not only lose my Webkinz connection, but all the other windows I had open at the time. I had to do 4 shutdowns in an hour. Then I prayed for forgiveness for my language lollol!!!! I think it's got to be a site problem that only Lord knows when or IF Ganz will address it.

---------- jolynn added 8 Minutes and 2 Seconds later ----------

In hindsight...define "rude traders"
Sometimes you HAVE to be rude by leaving the trading table when you're offering up rare/expensive items and someone trying to give you corn and waffles in return. There are no "yes", "no", "no thank you" options (that I can see anyways) as part of the chat portion of the Trading Room. If I continually am offered garbage in exchange for a $3900 Centurian Candelabra....I am forced to just bail out on the trade.

Last edited by jolynn; 07-07-2008 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I read on here that when someone switched to Opera Browser, they had better luck in the trading rooms. I do not have Opera myself, but I have only heard good about it, and I am considering switching.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
[xo]cupcake

Oh my goodness! The exact same thing has been happening to me! My computer freezes in the middle of a good trade, and then I need to "x" out of the program, hoping that my computer will be alright and that it will not freeze again which is probably unlikely. Also, when I roll over the other person's items, I cannot see the item names either!! This is very odd.. I think that Ganz will fix it, but it has been going on for a while now. I really hope that Ganz fixes this problem for us!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
luvmigames
Gift Guru
Luvmigames will become famous soon enough

The same has been happening to me. I couldn't get into the trading room for a week and I went to clean out my cookies and such and I was able to get in. I have trouble placing my items in the boxes- I have to try it twice, and I cannot see the names of their items either. I will mention, however, that I have seen refrigerators, barbecue grills, dicekinz and wardrobes go up. As far as I knew these items could not be traded- so I am wondering if it is like the gem box- you can accept it in a trade, but it is actually your gems that you are getting. I am not sure.

View Post Originally Posted by jolynn
In hindsight...define "rude traders"
View Post Originally Posted by jolynn
Sometimes you HAVE to be rude by leaving the trading table when you're offering up rare/expensive items and someone trying to give you corn and waffles in return. There are no "yes", "no", "no thank you" options (that I can see anyways) as part of the chat portion of the Trading Room. If I continually am offered garbage in exchange for a $3900 Centurian Candelabra....I am forced to just bail out on the trade.

There are options for no, yes and no thanks. Also for I don't think so, whatever and such. It is the rap option- then pick answers - you'll find stuff there. Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
jolynn

LuvMiGames...thank you for the tip. I felt stuck with my trader. He was posting question marks, and I can barely find "I don't like all your items" lol. Sunday was the first time I've gone to the trading room, so am really well below an amateur at working the chat portion. I will definately try your tip, and thank you again :c)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #9

michael08 will become famous soon enough

I am pleased to read all these concerns as I am also experiencing the same problems/ However, I have been frozen and had to useALT - CTRL - Delete at least 7 times today. On July 4th I lost a sandwich table which never came back into my dock and today I lost an Egypscian Pedestal which didn't come back. I tried to cancel the trade - a message came up saying I had 3000 sec to confirm then the site froze - waited over 2 minutes and had to use the ALT CTRL delte to log back in. I have emailed Webkinz twice now- they admit there is a glitch but I think they should shut it down til they get it working properly- For me I have at least two items either gone to the other trader or they are suspended in space. Anyone else had this problem. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #10
finally i'm a

good1378 will become famous soon enough

no my cop never freezes! i'm right by the antenia or cable out side so my cop is fine. otherways when i'm away from it it goes really really slow
good1378 is offline Female
Closed