Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:37 AM   #21
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: TAGS????? Please explain these to me

HEY TIFFSMOM, we must think alike!!!! you just needed someone who thinks too much just like you to come along and find your thread, and then think too much about it and then post a question that made sense to someone who tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone for helping us understand............................... one less thing to bug me now in life........... hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 05:56 AM   #22
GrannySalty
Gift Guru

GrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of light

Well well well...... Thankz ye one and all!!!

I was one of those folks that was in the dark too............
I guess I was around in the prehistoric days before tags and got used to subscribing to threads. I have folders that say "How to Guides", "Made an offer in", "Great Traders" etc etc etc. so I didn't understand why the tags were necessary either. I guess it is all in your preferences too. My "Subscribed Threads" is not always so nice and neat until I get there and put them in the correct folders! So I see sno4270's point exactly now!!

Thankz all again..... some rep points definately being handed out in this thread!
GrannySalty is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #23
hats up?? :)

anna630 is on a distinguished road

I have no idea what in the world are you talking 'bout go dawgs
anna630 is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #24
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by GrannySalty
Well well well...... Thankz ye one and all!!!

I was one of those folks that was in the dark too............
I guess I was around in the prehistoric days before tags and got used to subscribing to threads. I have folders that say "How to Guides", "Made an offer in", "Great Traders" etc etc etc. so I didn't understand why the tags were necessary either. I guess it is all in your preferences too. My "Subscribed Threads" is not always so nice and neat until I get there and put them in the correct folders! So I see sno4270's point exactly now!!

Thankz all again..... some rep points definately being handed out in this thread!
Thank you GrannySalty
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #25
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

anna630 we are talking about tags, if you look way at the bottom of this page yu see where people have written things accross the bottom. like graffitti.......................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #26
Candy loves WI

tiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roost

I tagged this one, but I'm not sure how you get back to this using the tag??
tiffsmom is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #27
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by tiffsmom
I tagged this one, but I'm not sure how you get back to this using the tag??
You click on SEARCH (under "the sun" in the banner up top) + click on tag search.

Then you enter the tag you left in the field box + it brings up all the threads you tagged with that.

Thing is though, you can't click on the titles ... gotta click on the Click the image to open in full size. or else it brings ya to the main forum page for some reason.

Also, if you're looking at a thread that has the tag you wanna look up, you can click there too.

Lemme know if you have more questions
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

It is to help users find information they need.. instead of having to re-ask the question.

If I put 'Tags Question' as a tag on this thread.. if somebody else doesn't know what I tag is for.. then will searh 'Tags'.. and this thread will apear. Now they can read through the posts and find the answer they need, without having to post the question themselves
Livi is offline Female
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #29
hy, of course I'm
Gifted

TrappersKid1 has disabled reputation

Tags are also used by search engines. A tag is supposed to have some sort of description of the page using keywords.

ie: (looking for ways to make kinzcash) Your keywords or tags might read

Kinzcash, earning kinzcash, gardening, Webkinz, Webkinz Kinzcash....

This way when the search engines (google, yahoo, and others like them) send out their "spiders" to crawl the web, they collect those keywords. Then when you type in a search like "How to make Kinzcash" or "Webkinz Gardening" those posts might show up in the search. Mind you it takes a bit more than just tags and keywords to get to the top places in a search but a site like this one usually will show up in the top 10 searches.

I am sorry if this is confusing, but it took me a bit to learn them. I have had several online stores and figuring out the tags and keywords was tricky for me also.

Hope this helped someone understand the real use of tags.

TK
Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #30
metals1996

metals1996 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering that question too! I was just about to make a thread for this! Thank you thread owner! And thank you to all the people who answered!!
metals1996 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
*chokes on tag*, basmat was here, candy understands!, i get tags now!, king hoopla rocks!, tags question, why don't you make one!, yoohoo!!!!, you understand tags