Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:44 AM   #11
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: TAGS????? Please explain these to me

People just like to be funny + cute with them. It's their way of leaving a mark on a thread since if you just left a post or something, people wouldn't see it once there are enough posts for a new page. It has a real purpose that some people have been explaining to you about using it to search or keep track of threads, but when people just leave nonsense to leave it then it's kinda like why people do graffiti in real life ... it's inane but still prevalent
sno4270 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #12
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

A tag is helpful if you think you might want to go back and search through threads. For example, if I go to a thread that I think I might want to visit again, I can tag it. Later, when I do a search using the words I placed as a tag, I can find any of the threads I visited and put a tag on.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. why cant one just search for threads using the thread search option? what ADVANTAGE is a tag search over a thread search? that is what i am wondering after everyones fine explanation of tags. i never understood them either. so i thank all of you for explaining. now i know way more about them then before! but id still like to know why someone would do a tag search over a thread , keyword, or post search. like, maybe is it faster????????????????

thanks!
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 AM   #14
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

For example, I used to mark useful threads w/ "sno bear was here"

That way when I want to say, read a certain "how to" I remember liking, I can just search for it using the tag I left on that thread, instead of having to remember a key word in that thread. Like if it was about gardening but maybe it was called a title that didn't use the word garden in it (like, click here to learn how to make lots of kinzcash), otherwise it would be hard to find (would find any thread with the word garden in it if I tried searching that way). I always have a hard time w/ search options too.

It's also another option if you don't like using the subscribing to threads and assigning folders to them. This way your subscribed threads can be kept clean !

Hope this makes better sense
Old 10-20-2008, 02:21 AM   #15
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

SNO! i get it now!!!!hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thanks. rep for you. now i understand tags.............................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #16
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
SNO! i get it now!!!!hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thanks. rep for you. now i understand tags.............................
Hee hee, glad I made it understandable for ya

Only thing with tags ... you can't click on the title of threads you have tagged otherwise it will just take you the main forum page. You have to click on this Click the image to open in full size. next to the thread title
Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #17
Candy loves WI

tiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
For example, I used to mark useful threads w/ "sno bear was here"

That way when I want to say, read a certain "how to" I remember liking, I can just search for it using the tag I left on that thread, instead of having to remember a key word in that thread. Like if it was about gardening but maybe it was called a title that didn't use the word garden in it (like, click here to learn how to make lots of kinzcash), otherwise it would be hard to find (would find any thread with the word garden in it if I tried searching that way). I always have a hard time w/ search options too.

It's also another option if you don't like using the subscribing to threads and assigning folders to them. This way your subscribed threads can be kept clean !

Hope this makes better sense

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I GET IT TOO!!! FINALLY!

I am giving you rep points too. I have kept this thread going knowing someone would finally get through to me!

---------- tiffsmom added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT

BASMAT - Rep points to you too for being on my side of things and puching until we got the answer we understood! It'ss great not being the only one who wasn't"getting" the purpose!
I think sometimes I overthink things, but this was really bugging me.

Last edited by tiffsmom; 10-20-2008 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tiffsmom is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #18
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Quote:
I've read what eveyone said and I think I understand, but yet I don't get it.

If there was no tags at all, would it make a difference?

Edit/Add: Sorry, I did not realize the second page of responses.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
Candy loves WI

tiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roosttiffsmom rules the roost

Thanks Lilypad, that's good to know. I was worried I was missing something. Knowing how it's used and the fact that it isn't a necessary item makes it easier for me.
tiffsmom is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #20
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by tiffsmom
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I GET IT TOO!!! FINALLY!

I am giving you rep points too. I have kept this thread going knowing someone would finally get through to me!
Aww thank you thank you * bows * You're more than welcome
Closed

Tags
*chokes on tag*, basmat was here, candy understands!, i get tags now!, king hoopla rocks!, tags question, why don't you make one!, yoohoo!!!!, you understand tags