Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
If you stick with go
Webkinz :)

zuidy is on a distinguished road

Angry Unanswered: STUPID COMPUTER VIRUS!

Ok!I am writing from my mom's computer but I can never play at my dad's!He has a laptop that has a VERY,VERY,STUPID,VIRUS!
It used to work fine,then to where the mouse wouldent move,Then to where it would just turn off!

IM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!
If you think you know what is wrong,Tell me!NO,NO

Last edited by FIA; 11-26-2008 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: red ink is reserved for staff
zuidy is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
ell, maybe I'm
Gifted

lauraannairene is just really nicelauraannairene is just really nice

Default Re: STUPID COMPUTER VIRUS!

I'm not sure what happened , but your dad might need to hire someone to fix it or it's busted for good . I'm sorry for what happened to you . The same thing sorta happened to me with our computer , only our cousin new how to fix it , so yeah . Hope this helps , or you might need to tell your dad he needs a new laptop.
lauraannairene is offline Female
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

hm...Your dad might have to hire someone to fix it.I would run a virus check [Norton Anti-Virus?]I might ask a professinal.it sound pretty bad to me.It might be busted....for good.I'm sorry,I hope you get it fixed soon!

♥LeeAnn♥

P.S. Don't write in red,it's reserved for Admins.
oon23 is offline Female
Old 11-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
dixie8123

webkinzrule8123 has disabled reputation

First i would get a mouse from a desktop and plug it up. then scan your computer. if none of that works just pm me and also what kind of computer is it such as windows xp, windows vista, windows 2000, mac whatever
webkinzrule8123 is offline Female
Old 11-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #5

chiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to beholdchiclet is a splendid one to behold

There are free on-line virus scanners Norton's Canadian site has one, but it can be hard to find. If you could find the name of the virus it would help. Also depending on how old the laptop is, my experience is that they only last a few years anyway and then start breaking down mechanically. Sometimes the screen stops working because the wires running from the computer part to the screen get broken after the lid has been open and shut so many times. It could be loose connections, so many possibilities. Try using a mouse plugged into the usb port and if you already do that, try a different usb port. Does it work differently if it is plugged in or on the battery. If you use it a lot on battery power, the battery could be worn out.

I have working desktop computers that are well over ten years old, including this one, but my husband has laptops, some expensive ones, that lasted only a couple of years. I finally decided that much as I hate them, I am going to get a laptop for the convenience but I plan to spend as little on it as possible and expect it to work for about a year or two.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Hmm are you sure that its a virus. The same thing happened to my last laptop and it turned out that it was the motherboard.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 11-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

try doing a search for trendmicrohousecall = it's one of the better ones. If it is a virus it will tell you the name, from there you can find out how to remove it. Getting a new laptop is the very last resort. You can rebuild your laptop too. Some suggestions need to be made on more information. My dh works with computers - if you need more help feel free to drop me a line ok
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
If you stick with go

zuidy is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmm........He knows he needs a new one but I told him I was writing in the forum and he told me our computer just needs new fans..........?

P.S:If you have a laptop and you use it on a couch,Put it on your lap!The fans sink in to the couch and overheat it!Thanks!
zuidy is offline Male
Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #9
e must be
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yes, just like people, laptops need to breathe to perform. You can't choke off their air supply. If they get too hot, the laptop slllloooowwws right down and you have to allow it to cool off. Put it on a cake cooling rack...see if that helps the air to circulate a little better.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #10

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your computer problems.....but, I think I have to agree that Dixie and Adrkmfdm sound like they have great theories. *my family were/are computer technicians of various levels...either they made motherboards, computer chips (no matter WHAT people tell you, unless they have DRASTICALLY changed that process...PICK a different profession is my suggestion....not as safe as it sounds....HUGE health risks from the chemicals that people do not usually even know about!!), or they are software designers/formatters (is that the right word??) and such. (me, I decided I was better off staying AWAY from computers and working on saving lives....SO much easier I thought....until I found out that A. HUMANS can give you viruses that YOU can catch...unlike a computer virus....no one EVER went to the hospital for a COMPUTER virus.
B. HUMANS are not always nice....(have you EVER met a "not nice" computer??).....guess I picked the wrong job....well, maybe not.

So, back to the theory....ok, I will admit, when I first got to use the internet at my husband's house back when we were FIRST dating, I was SO confused, if he was at work (this was DIAL up remember, so it took out the only working phone...), I kept forgetting how to DISCONNECT it....so, I did the only thing I could think of.....I unplugged the PHONE line from the WALL unit.....THAT is still funny to me!! (not as funny as my mom trying to put a VCR tape in the machine UPSIDE down thinking there was a SECOND side to it like audio cassette tapes....and, since she would do this WEEKLY!!)

Now, up here, we have SUPER fast frankenzstien computers as I call them. Our computers are in a SKIN (well, not my laptop, but, our CPU) that is NOT the skin and all the components that it was purchased with. The CPU was PIECED together as BIGGER BETTER FASTER....able to leap TALL buildings in a single bound....ect...if you ask my step son the computer whiz....LOL. So, it may say one thing on the outside....that is just where it started out as....it has new motherboards, harddrives, ect.

Now, why do I tell you this??

Because it has NEW FANS. Yes, FANS...plural!!.

They have multiple fans on our computer....the bigger you make them, sometimes the more they do, sometimes the more you need to cool them.

Got a dusty room.....no? Are you SURE?? Computers attract/dust.....animals MAKE dust....(and lots of housework too....or is that kids???).

Like Dixie said, they need to breathe....I LOVE The idea of the cooling rack I may have to suggest that to people....AWESOME Idea actually.

Also, if the computer already overheated enough....it may need a mother board NOW....cooling it with the cooling rack and multiple fans may be too late....it is like an egg.....take it out of the fridge, and it is still raw....that is the condition that you want the mother board to be like....like that raw egg...soft/gooey....if it heats up too much, it will cook IN the shell....even if you heat, and cool, heat and cool...it will cook if done enough times.....So, he may need a new mother board for that computer AS WELL as figuring out a new way to cool it better.

Good luck everyone!!

fluffrnuttr

Last edited by fluffrnuttr; 11-27-2008 at 08:30 AM..
Closed